Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

Most people who go to pubs are dickheads in my experience. 

See in the local on Tuesday night.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

Bill Carr, 10 King Road, Ipswich 

Of fucking course this is going to happen.

Those Track and Trace registers are going to be full of 'Ivor Biggun' gags, and just plain made up shite. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

Most people who go to pubs are dickheads in my experience. 

Most people who don't are in my experience. I'm not being contrary, I am agreeing with you and extending the scope.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Most people who don't are in my experience. I'm not being contrary, I am agreeing with you and extending the scope.

 

dickheads-dickheads-everywhere.jpg.6d94d495dedadcd4e9c48e573d43fdbc.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Gaul said:

I don't get how it's better than drinking at home, well except you can probably have a choice of ale that suits you at home and you won't spend half the night queueing for the bog. You're dead right though, they'll be rammed with the same cunts who were queueing for 2 hours to go to b&q or Primark. 

If it suites you and anyone else who does, fine. Some people like myself just don't like drinking at home.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

If it suites you and anyone else who does, fine. Some people like myself just don't like drinking at home.  

I prefer the pub Mick. In fact before lockdown I barely drunk at home. The trouble is if going to the pub you can't speak to anyone other than the people you come with, popping down the local will hardly be the same. Or if you like to stand/sit at the bar, you can't do that either. They're basically saying going to the pub is like sitting round your kitchen table but with worse beer and bogs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I prefer the pub Mick. In fact before lockdown I barely drunk at home. The trouble is if going to the pub you can't speak to anyone other than the people you come with, popping down the local will hardly be the same. Or if you like to stand/sit at the bar, you can't do that either. They're basically saying going to the pub is like sitting round your kitchen table but with worse beer and bogs. 

It may well not be the same but if people are happy to do it then I don't see the problem. The situation you describe is pretty much like having a bevy if your out for a home or especially an away game.

 

I haven't had a full day off work since this lockdown started and I'm hoping the weather is OK on Sunday so I can go out and watch the game. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

It may well not be the same but if people are happy to do it then I don't see the problem. The situation you describe is pretty much like having a bevy if your out for a home or especially an away game.

 

I haven't had a full day off work since this lockdown started and I'm hoping the weather is OK on Sunday so I can go out and watch the game. 

It's no issue if people want to do it, I just think it sounds shit and I've no intention of going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife works in our local bar and the guidance is vague to say the least. Anyone ever know if they are allowed to show football? So many conflicting reports. I'm personally hoping they can't. She is in a right state. Bad idea all round in my opinion.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, benwasmydog said:

My wife works in our local bar and the guidance is vague to say the least. Anyone ever know if they are allowed to show football? So many conflicting reports. I'm personally hoping they can't. She is in a right state. Bad idea all round in my opinion.

@Redder Lurtz

 

what is the run down fella?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like drinking at home, but I must admit I do like the occasional nice pint of Guinness or porter in a decent boozer. Last pint I had in a pub before lockdown was in the Peveril of the Peak in Manchester when a good workmate was leaving! Great beer, nice little pub!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I like drinking at home, but I must admit I do like the occasional nice pint of Guinness or porter in a decent boozer. Last pint I had in a pub before lockdown was in the Peveril of the Peak in Manchester when a good workmate was leaving! Great beer, nice little pub!

Good pub that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, littletedwest said:

Good pub that

It's right by where I (normally) work. The lad who was leaving and another former colleague who'd recently left always spoke highly of it. We all like our real ale so it was nice to go in at last, very nice place, hope it'll survive post lockdown!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Just when you thought it was safe....

 

 

 

I might go back to standing outside Anfield on match days with my 'end of the world is nigh' sandwich board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Just when you thought it was safe....

 

 

 

Nature has had enough of humans. We're fucked like in M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UK is now at @ 10% fatality rate?

 

Not 1%, not .1%

 

Three weeks ago the rolling three day was around 1,200 new cases a day - yesterday rolling three day deaths @ 120 

 

So, are there enough tests, are the numbers cooked, is that really the fatality rate someone should expect in the UK?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

UK is now at @ 10% fatality rate?

 

Not 1%, not .1%

 

Three weeks ago the rolling three day was around 1,200 new cases a day - yesterday rolling three day deaths @ 120 

 

So, are there enough tests, are the numbers cooked, is that really the fatality rate someone should expect in the UK?

 

 

It's actually over 15% if you just directly compare reported deaths to positive tests; that goes to over 20% if you consider excess deaths.

 

No one knows if we're testing enough as the government stopped reporting the number of people being tested over a month ago. The figure given for the number of daily tests is largely a political one to fit in with whatever wild promises Hancock or Johnson made at the time to get out of hostile questioning. It may or may not include test kits just put in the post, it might be be double counted for nose and throat swabs and probably includes antigen testing. It may or may not be enough- in keeping with everything these corrupt, incompetent cunts do, figures are obfuscated or altered at will to fit in with whatever perception management crisis they're facing.

 

Back to antigen testing, that 'game changer' seemingly is either nowhere near as accurate as originally claimed, or many people simply don't develop antibodies- we've had a number of these game-changing miracles, none of which have panned out. Oh, and apparently children don't really catch it bad or spread it, so we sent some of them back to school for a few weeks for no real reason, then found out that there was a big spike in cases in Leicester amongst under-19s. 

 

So, we've got no real idea of how many people have had the disease or of how many people have been tested and the headline death figures have seemingly been subject to manipulation to keep them below 1000 a day at their peak. The siren calls of 'well, loads of people have had it really, they're just asymptomatic' are loud and clear now despite no real evidence, and we're going to ease the more populist lockdown measures for short term headlines. I'd like to think we're confident that it's under control and we won't end up in the disastrous situation of the US, given past form and the way dissenting scientific views are discarded if they don't fit whatever the government wants to do, I'd say we're in for a bumpy ride. Again.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×