You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, PestiRed said:

We’re down to a rolling 7 day average of 5 new cases and one death - it’s been a few weeks since the easing of restrictions so hopefully they seem to have been handled quite well. Next thing is to try and fix the economy - total year forecast is currently a 5% drop in GDP.

Govt have also given healthcare professionals a £1,000 bonus (for most nurses that equates to close to a months pay) with planned pay increases of 20% coming soon. They are also giving teachers an average of 10% salary increase in recognition of the work they’ve done in setting up remote learning.

I’m not naturally this govt’s biggest fan but they’ve got a few things right during this crisis. And they haven’t recommended clapping a single time

Amateurs. Here, our healthcare professionals are far more appreciative of a bunch of hypocrites halfheartedly applauding them once a week, then going back to the Daily Mail to rail against the countries many of them came from, than getting any extra cash. And it's obviously better for teacher morale to piss them off by forcing kids back to school for a pointless few weeks, give them conflicting safety advice and then brief against them to your pet journos- keeps them on their toes.

Our drop in GDP is likely to be far higher than yours, and we're brave enough to drop all pretence at a lockdown when we're still getting thousands of new cases a week. Poor show all round, Hungary.

• Upvote 1

Major incident declared as people flock to the south coast. What the fuck is wrong with people? What's so amazing about fucking Bournemouth that you flock there en masse, defying official advice in the process of doing so?

4 minutes ago, Manny said:

Major incident declared as people flock to the south coast. What the fuck is wrong with people? What's so amazing about fucking Bournemouth that you flock there en masse, defying official advice in the process of doing so?

Fuck all in Bournemouth. 

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Fuck all in Bournemouth. 

Decent night out. The Candy Store back in the day was a really good night out. Some seriously hot women there as well. And Dr Nowt whatever his name is on here today is from there. And Lucy Pinder 

55 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Fucking amazing to see 37,000 cases a day in Brazil.  That's a proper mental experiment they're conducting. 

Big increases across the US too and Sweden's still chugging along. I won't post this article as it's pretty long, but it gives a good guide to the current state of play- https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2020/jun/25/revealed-data-shows-10-countries-risking-coronavirus-second-wave-as-lockdown-relaxed

5 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

In the times of no pandemic, even then, fuck this

safe_image.php?d=AQC81k8yOk64LfDA&w=540&

I can’t understand why people would go and sit in the middle of all that anyway. How is it enjoyable? Much rather sit in my garden or a park somewhere less busy than that. 

I do fucking hate the beach though to be fair.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

I can’t understand why people would go and sit in the middle of all that anyway. How is it enjoyable? Much rather sit in my garden or a park somewhere less busy than that. 

I do fucking hate the beach though to be fair.

Walking on the beach out of season is boss, sitting on a packed one isn’t.

• Upvote 4

The pubs are opening next week but if you can drink from home, you should. If you can’t drink from home you can go to the pub, but only for essential drinks. You should stay 2 metres apart unless you’re pissed then you can move up to 1 metre so someone can hold you up/chat you up/feel you up. Don’t get too pissed though as you need to stay alert, but if you do get too pissed, use your drunken aggression to beat the virus. There will also be a round of applause for all bar staff at 2am every day to make up for the pittance they earn. Stay safe everyone, Uncle Boris.

• Upvote 4

I love the coast but I wouldn’t sit on a crowded beach like that! Me and the husband both have next Wednesday off and I was hoping for a drive down to a beach. I know some quiet ones, mind you going midweek at this time of year is normally fine. There’s obviously a lot of furloughed people going at the moment. Regarding staying at home I can understand but there’s normally a nice breeze on coast. Plus I have neighbours who sometimes play loud music in their gardens. Hate it!

Also on the news they said some people had driven for 4 hours to get to Bournemouth!! Wtf!! For a day trip?? If I’d seen that amount on the beach I would have gone somewhere else.