You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Haha!   I bought some copper infused ones on Etsy.  I prefer the washable ones to the single use. 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/copper_masks

Cheers. I’ll get myself one of those. Probably not this one though. 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/780368330/hooded-face-shield-full-head-mask-face

• Upvote 1

Between these fucking stupid gatherings, the ve day shite,beaches packed on warm days, the goverments pathetic handling of it and other cunts that just went about their business as usual.  If we get through this without massive more casulities it'll be God damn luck and nothing more. 

Might as well let the fans back in the stadiums if this shite doesn't do serious harm. 

Could be useful if a few celebrities pointed out how brain dead this is during a pandemic, rather than striking the flames. 

20200605_161102.jpg

• Upvote 1

Again though, aren't outdoor crowds supposed to be reasonably okay in terms of transmissions? 

The behavioural science stuff that got leaked a couple of months back claimed they only banned footy matches because if they didn't people wouldn't take the situation seriously, i,e if you let people go to the races but not drink in Costa they'd think the whole thing was a load of bollocks. 

Lots of deaths have probably been due to people picking up big viral loads on the likes of the tube, or working in supermarkets/restaurants/cafes or the poor old folks that have basically been barricaded into nursing homes where its basically been a giant petri dish. 

Erm just a couple of questions on this mask lark? What if you cant afford to buy them? And you can't afford to destroy clothes to make them yourself?

Can you not go to work then if you rely on public transport?

And why now when we're heading towards the arse end of the outbreak (first wave at least)? Why not weeks and months ago when things were really bad?

Stinks of profiteering to me!

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Again though, aren't outdoor crowds supposed to be reasonably okay in terms of transmissions? 

The behavioural science stuff that got leaked a couple of months back claimed they only banned footy matches because if they didn't people wouldn't take the situation seriously, i,e if you let people go to the races but not drink in Costa they'd think the whole thing was a load of bollocks. 

Lots of deaths have probably been due to people picking up big viral loads on the likes of the tube, or working in supermarkets/restaurants/cafes or the poor old folks that have basically been barricaded into nursing homes where its basically been a giant petri dish. 

I work in a supermarket and there's no way in hell, I've ever been in more danger than a daft cunt stuck in the middle of that. 

5 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Erm just a couple of questions on this mask lark? What if you cant afford to buy them? And you can't afford to destroy clothes to make them yourself?

Can you not go to work then if you rely on public transport?

And why now when we're heading towards the arse end of the outbreak (first wave at least)? Why not weeks and months ago when things were really bad?

Stinks of profiteering to me!

I suspect it's in part psychological, i.e gives people confidence in terms of going back to some sort of normality, or because Johnson/Cummings think everyone are morons they're pursuing big headline stuff - 14 day quarantines for visitors (despite the concerns of business, fuck you business! We stand with the little man!) and face masks. Visible stuff, grand gestures, rather than stuff that might have actually worked like not sending infected old folks back to care homes like a walking biological weapon, or testing duff or even dangerous gowns/antibody tests and ventilators before you spunked millions on them.  

This government don't care what works, they just care that you think it works. That's populism for you. 

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I suspect it's in part psychological, i.e gives people confidence in terms of going back to some sort of normality, or because Johnson/Cummings think everyone are morons they're pursuing big headline stuff - 14 day quarantines for visitors (despite the concerns of business, fuck you business! We stand with the little man!) and face masks. Visible stuff, grand gestures, rather than stuff that might have actually worked like not sending infected old folks back to care homes like a walking biological weapon, or testing duff or even dangerous gowns/antibody tests and ventilators before you spunked millions on them.  

This government don't care what works, they just care that you think it works. That's populism for you. 

I'm in a lucky (doesn't feel like it some days) position of being told to work from home for the foreseeable future, and I am able to drive to work if needs be, but not everybody is so lucky.

I mean if you can just cover your face with a scarf then great, most people will have a scarf, but if they insist on masks it will be costly, not to mention a fucking environmental nightmare with shedloads of disposable masks getting used and chucked away every day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Between these fucking stupid gatherings, the ve day shite,beaches packed on warm days, the goverments pathetic handling of it and other cunts that just went about their business as usual.  If we get through this without massive more casulities it'll be God damn luck and nothing more. 

Might as well let the fans back in the stadiums if this shite doesn't do serious harm. 

Could be useful if a few celebrities pointed out how brain dead this is during a pandemic, rather than striking the flames. 

20200605_161102.jpg

Any reason you chose to pick the black lives matter picture and none of the others? 

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Any reason you chose to pick the black lives matter picture and none of the others? 

Cause the others were all rightly slaughtered at the time as irresponsible, dangerous and moronic. 

This is happening now and it seems like we've bloody forgotten that there's a pandemic going on. 

Don't give me any nonsense about the cause.   Most of us would have had good reasons to break lockdown and made huge sacrifices.   Anyone who didn't is a selfish cunt.  Pretty sure I've seen you say so yourself? 

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Cause the others were all rightly slaughtered at the time as irresponsible, dangerous and moronic. 

This is happening now and it seems like we've bloody forgotten that there's a pandemic going on. 

Don't give me any nonsense about the cause.   Most of us would have had good reasons to break lockdown and made huge sacrifices.   Anyone who didn't is a selfish cunt.  Pretty sure I've seen you say so yourself? 

I was taking the piss given the recent racist shouts. If you can't see that then you need to get a sense of humour. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I was taking the piss given the recent racist shouts. If you can't see that then you need to get a sense of humour. 

But difficult in these times.   I've not seen family for months, had two funerals, one I couldn't even attend.  Quite possibly lost a child due to it cause she was working in the hospital at the time when it was about but not mainstream news.   Might well have been one of those things but it's nagging at me now. 

Every sacrifice we've e made is being thrown out the fucking window and we're heading headfirst into herd immunity with no idea of that's even a thing. 

And no fucking cunt is going to held to account for any of it.   So yea, I'm sick of it. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

But difficult in these times.   I've not seen family for months, had two funerals, one I couldn't even attend.  Quite possibly lost a child due to it cause she was working in the hospital at the time when it was about but not mainstream news.   Might well have been one of those things but it's nagging at me now. 

Every sacrifice we've e made is being thrown out the fucking window and we're heading headfirst into herd immunity with no idea of that's even a thing. 

And no fucking cunt is going to held to account for any of it.   So yea, I'm sick of it. 

Really sorry to hear that mate. I was only taking the piss. No offence intended. Its really shit but yeah, you've had it tougher than most. Lets hope after all this the cunts do get held to account for once. 

• Upvote 1