You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Genuine question as I know there are posters clued up on such things more than me. If this is something needed to prevent a second wave, why wasn’t it used to prevent, or at least slow down, the first one? I’m guessing it was probably too late to prevent completely but I don’t understand why it wasn’t used to help flatten the curve quicker if it’s seen as a prevention tactic now. 

Herd immunity by stealth. 

• Upvote 2

Dan Wooton what a twat. He was on Jeremy Vine saying what a great job the Tories have done with a clear precise 5 point plan and now Starmer has shown his true colours criticizing the government totally misjudging the mood of the nation and the public will see right through Labour. His only criticism was against the 14 day quarantine as it's bad for business and exists merely as a PR exercise. Seemed like one selfish sociopathic fucking bell end of a person on every issue brought up.

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

The residents of Harlesden in London decide to hold a block party. Dickheads gonna dickhead. 

Ever been to Harlesden? 

It's basically Harlem.

Those people are not having a fucking bloc party, you know full well they're protesting for Black Lives Matter.  You know that for sure, because there are a lot of police there in the picture.  Police turn up to black protests, they don't turn up to bloc parties.

I saw Bloc Party at Reading in 2005 I think, they were great.  What a debut album that was.  And then they decided to be shit forever. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Dan Wooton what a twat. He was on Jeremy Vine saying what a great job the Tories have done with a clear precise 5 point plan and now Starmer has shown his true colours criticizing the government totally misjudging the mood of the nation and the public will see right through Labour. His only criticism was against the 14 day quarantine as it's bad for business and exists merely as a PR exercise. Seemed like one selfish sociopathic fucking bell end of a person on every issue brought up.

We have a lot of time on our hands, and we should really be calling these programmes each morning to have a pop at the right wing commentators who seem to be getting guest slots on everything.  

24 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Its all for clicks and attention. He's the cunt who printed all the shitty stuff about Caroline Flack in that fucking rag then had the nerve to call her his friend after she killed herself over it. Shameless, horrible cunt who I would never tire of punching. 

20 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Ever been to Harlesden? 

It's basically Harlem.

Those people are not having a fucking bloc party, you know full well they're protesting for Black Lives Matter.  You know that for sure, because there are a lot of police there in the picture.  Police turn up to black protests, they don't turn up to bloc parties.

I saw Bloc Party at Reading in 2005 I think, they were great.  What a debut album that was.  And then they decided to be shit forever. 

Bloc Party are up there with Maximo Park in the shit stakes. 

We're at circa 1600 - 1800 cases per day in the UK, but that is being extrapolated to 8000 ish. I don't understand this. Everybody can get a test now, so why would more than three quarters of people not get tested if they have symptoms?

22 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

We're at circa 1600 - 1800 cases per day in the UK, but that is being extrapolated to 8000 ish. I don't understand this. Everybody can get a test now, so why would more than three quarters of people not get tested if they have symptoms?

Perhaps they can't get on websites. Perhaps they can't get to where the tests are. Perhaps tests are not as readily available as the government say. There's been a shortage of testing capability throughout this crisis, I don't see why it would be different now. 

38 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I thought you could only ask for a test if you had symptoms. I imagine the numbers are people taking into account people who do not have symptoms but may have Covid. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Johnson saying the same at PMQ. 

Andrew Neal was just on commenting, basically saying the Tories internal polls are saying people do not want a return to partisan politics. Basically any genuine question/scrutiny will be ignored but called out as Labour playing politics and being partisan. 

Nadhim Zahawi, (who has never known the Tory party do anything wrong, ever), his first reply to analysis of PMQ was, Starmer being partisan when we should all be working together.

Obviously the right have all got the memo, don't answer just attack people asking questions as being partisan (effectively unpatriotic).

Zahawi, been asked about America, Covid and now Nissan on No deal Brexit, just pushed his political points and not come close to answering a single question. Another cunt of a human being.

32 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Where's the antibody test up to? Considering the virus has been doing the rounds for over 6 months I'm sure a lot of people have already had it. 

Keep on checking the .gov website for any info on this but hasn't been updated since the 22nd May

Basically, nothing

As more and more travel bans get lifted around the world but these countries still not accepting visitors from the UK, it seems we are now being viewed as some sort of international version of a leper colony or plague village. 

The more I look into this, the more I suspect our Government haven’t handled things as well as they should have.

In order to make sure my developing view is balanced, I’m now going to scroll through my Facebook feed. 

Another big increase in Iran today with 3,134 new cases. If the virus is burning out or getting weaker, Iran doesn't seem to have had the memo.  We can only hope that it doesn't happen here in the UK.  It remains to be seen, but my money is on a resurgence of infections due to a haphazard reopening of society and low take up on face masks. 

Places with compulsory face masks such as Germany and Spain will fare much better than the UK, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Another big increase in Iran today with 3,134 new cases. If the virus is burning out or getting weaker, Iran doesn't seem to have had the memo.  We can only hope that it doesn't happen here in the UK.  It remains to be seen, but my money is on a resurgence of infections due to a haphazard reopening of society and low take up on face masks. 

Places with compulsory face masks such as Germany and Spain will fare much better than the UK, in my opinion.

My money is on your money being on that.

Why do Iranians seemingly have a second wave? Do we know more what's going on there?

18 minutes ago, TK421 said:

At some point yesterday or the day before I had sky news on in the background. They had some imperial college professor on, I don't recall his name. Anyway, they were talking about all the normal things, but one thing slipped out very casually. He said something like "lockdown has pretty much eradicated the virus in normally society, the cases we're seeing are almost exclusively from care home settings and distorting the current R rate". Now this doesn't seem to be reported anywhere and it's certainly not anything the government have claimed. I suspect the lockdown has achieved its job snd our numbers are low enough that the Eton Mess thinks he can roll the dice, get the economy going and then hopes track and trace will be working by the time the R rate grows outside of care home settings. It's pretty much the same gamble they played at the start of all this minus care home cases. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

My money is on your money being on that.

Why do Iranians seemingly have a second wave? Do we know more what's going on there?

This article is citing poor social distancing, a low take up of face masks and relaxation of the lockdown driven by economic factors.  Their lockdown was relaxed about a month ago. For me, it shows that the virus is still highly infectious and that the impact of hot weather is not as decisive as one would hope.  The notion that the virus is suppressed by hot weather doesn't seem to be true as far as Iran is concerned - their daily infections are now the same as when they peaked in March. 

I would love nothing more than the virus to die our naturally, I might add.  Believe it or not I don't want an immediate second peak. 

https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/Analysis/6253c114-56a6-4f1a-a647-aa36554bdd81

Two causes for Iran’s increased infection rates have been cited. One is that the population has become careless, thinking the danger has passed or otherwise heedless of the risk.

“Two days ago, I was in Mashad,” Namaki said in an earlier television interview. “Social distancing is not observed. People are not wearing masks” and “what I saw was appalling,” before warning of the virus’ resurgence, as Radio Farda reported.

The second reason for the spike in Iranian coronavirus cases is economic. Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has pushed, largely successfully, for a reopening of the Iranian economy, despite opposition from health ministry officials.

Already in April, as the number of coronavirus cases dropped, Iran “began easing some restrictions such as local bazaars and shopping malls,” The Wall Street Journal explained on Tuesday, as it reported on the rise in Iranian infections.

19 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

d55d6628-559b-4e97-bbc0-44a28787c9ad.jpg

It's easy to get swept along by the pageantry of it all, but you should never forget how simple all this is.

The bloke above, the one overseeing this disaster, entered a popularity contest for Suffolk West in 2010 and 24,312 people felt he was the best person, though 23,800 disagreed and voted for someone else.

To be fair, he's increased his win rate since then, though in 2015 the UKIP candidate came 2nd, which suggests Suffolk West is full of absolutely foul human beings.  He is their king.

That's it.  That's the story of this guy in charge. 

I got to meet a lot of those people when I was out knocking on doors in November/December. Great fun it was.

I live in the biggest town in the constituency and it’s just a run-of-the-mill old market town, no different from hundreds of other places around the country. The biggest problem is the rest of the constituency is loads of affluent villages. Fighting a losing battle straight away, but then there’s people here in town that are just plain ignorant. Moaning about the services being stripped bare and then voting for the Tories for all kinds of mad reasons. One fella couldn’t vote for Corbyn because the industry he worked in got fucked over by the government in the 80’s. 

"Playing politics" is the biggest load of shit I've ever heard and we already talked about them using this excuse when this started. Starmer should be fucking raging at them because 40k people are dead due to the way they've dealt with this.

"Don't play politics" can be translated to "don't expose us."

• Upvote 3