You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Apparently some Swedes are not happy with where they are now. It seems they have a pretty low population density (certainly incomparable to the few nations ahead in per capita death rate) and their economy has been affected like everywhere else. There may be an issue with their reporting in care homes and they are seeing a second spike sooner that may be a little steeper than others.

Have they got a thick as pig shit Prime Minister with an advisor who can do whatever he likes as well? I thought the UK had bagsys on that.

While we all need to be sensible in the coming weeks, but I reckon this is on it's way out. All the numbers of infection and death rates are heading the right way, even in countries where lockdown has been released, there has been no evidence of a growth in transmission, admission and deaths. It's going the same way MERS and SARS went, and I think it will be quite accelerated in the coming week. My money is now on pints in July!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

While we all need to be sensible in the coming weeks, but I reckon this is on it's way out. All the numbers of infection and death rates are heading the right way, even in countries where lockdown has been released, there has been no evidence of a growth in transmission, admission and deaths. It's going the same way MERS and SARS went, and I think it will be quite accelerated in the coming week. My money is now on pints in July!

Negged for talking unrelenting shit.

50 minutes ago, A Red said:

booo

I actually enjoy a neg off him nowadays. I can't even see the absolute dross he's posting, and he can't bother me at all, but I am obviously bothering him.

I'll post a picture of myself having a pint at a pub in July just especially for him to neg. 

He wants this to be worse. He's desperate for it to be worse. It's a really fucking weird position to take,

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

You're comparing these diseases to Coronavirus? They infected less than 10000 people globally each didn't they?

• Upvote 1

I've had sky news on in the background today. It's quite refreshing how balanced it is compared to the BBC. That's not to say they're just slaughtering the government. They've had plenty of melts who seem to think there's nothing to see here and it's all the media's fault. But they're not letting these pricks say stuff unchallenged like a party political broadcast. I never thought I'd see the day sky was a more respectable source of news than the BBC

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

You're comparing these diseases to Coronavirus? They infected less than 10000 people globally each didn't they?

They are Coronavirus, so I think the comparison is valid, although the scale is vastly different.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I've had sky news on in the background today. It's quite refreshing how balanced it is compared to the BBC. That's not to say they're just slaughtering the government. They've had plenty of melts who seem to think there's nothing to see here and it's all the media's fault. But they're not letting these pricks say stuff unchallenged like a party political broadcast. I never thought I'd see the day sky was a more respectable source of news than the BBC

I've jibbed the news in the background and had Radio 2 on all day. Arguably the best decision I have ever made. 

I'm not telling the full story there. Although they could be mutating for the weaker, as SARS and MERS did, I think something different might be at play here. I think that a combination of T Cell responses offering immunity, and cross immunity from other less serious Coronavirus have combined to offer a high level of herd immunity. Maybe it is a combination of those two reasons. I don't know, but looking at the numbers and charts, it seems like it is fading and as R goes down, the speed of that fade becomes exponential.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

They're completely different and less infectious. It's why it was madness when people were saying "everyone who got SARS will be protected". Yeah, all 10000 of them nice one. 

SARS was more infectious, it was just a bit too good at quickly killing it's hosts. The cross immunity they think comes from some form of the common cold, or an unidentified Coronavirus, although the small amount of people who survived SARS and MERS may also have immunity from that.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

I'm not telling the full story there. Although they could be mutating for the weaker, as SARS and MERS did, I think something different might be at play here. I think that a combination of T Cell responses offering immunity, and cross immunity from other less serious Coronavirus have combined to offer a high level of herd immunity. Maybe it is a combination of those two reasons. I don't know, but looking at the numbers and charts, it seems like it is fading and as R goes down, the speed of that fade becomes exponential.

Infections are going up in Virginia and Florida, for those who like facts and not sci-fi. 

3 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Obviously this would then be complemented by the high number of people infected with Covid-19, and surviving it.