You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Well it’s not quite the same as it would be spun that one wanted help for someone to look after his kids, and the other was on a jolly, but it’s a bit difficult to call for a resignation from the opposition after you’ve promoted your own boy after the event. Labour are better doing what they’re doing now, keeping quiet and letting the press do the heavy lifting.

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The slogan literally started with "stay home"

Ah but um um what is um "home"? Um home could be anywhere.  We all "move house", so to speak.  Some of us, um MPs, have um second homes we like to visit and stay at as an additional home.  So I think you'll find that home is an um fluid concept and that's all that has um um happened in this instance, all perfectly within the scientific guidelines. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Ah but um um what is um "home"? Um home could be anywhere.  We all "move house", so to speak.  Some of us, um MPs, have um second homes we like to visit and stay at as an additional home.  So I think you'll find that home is an um fluid concept and that's all that's um um happened in this instance, all perfectly within the scientific guidelines. 

Home is where the heart is so the next debate is about discussing whether Dominic Cummings actually has one anyway.

• Upvote 1

I can't work out if this is parody or not.  I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue soon. 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-disappearing-so-fast-oxford-vaccine-has-only-50-chance-of-working-11993739

There is only a 50% chance of the Oxford coronavirus vaccine working because cases in the UK are declining so fast, one of the scientists behind it has warned.

20 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I can't work out if this is parody or not.  I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue soon. 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-disappearing-so-fast-oxford-vaccine-has-only-50-chance-of-working-11993739

There is only a 50% chance of the Oxford coronavirus vaccine working because cases in the UK are declining so fast, one of the scientists behind it has warned.

So does that mean we won't need a vaccine then?

I'm confused whether his assumption the the virus will be gone is good news or bad..... 

3 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

So does that mean we won't need a vaccine then?

I'm confused whether his assumption the the virus will be gone is good news or bad..... 

I can't make sense of it either.  I think the plan is to infect everyone and then make the vaccine. 

9 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I can't make sense of it either.  I think the plan is to infect everyone and then make the vaccine. 

its a peculiar situation regarding the vaccine though isnt it. 

You cant technically expose someone to the virus deliberately after giving them the vaccine because they dont have a cure for it, so if the vaccine doesnt work, and the subject has an adverse reaction, then you're up shit creek arent you. 

whats the story with the monkeys they infected though, apparently they still contracted the virus, but it didnt affect them?????

I kniw the Tories are a bunch of morons, but even they wouldnt be stupid enough spend £84 million on a vaccine that didnt ork, surely?????????

3 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

You cant technically expose someone to the virus deliberately after giving them the vaccine because they dont have a cure for it, so if the vaccine doesnt work, and the subject has an adverse reaction, then you're up shit creek arent you. 

whats the story with the monkeys they infected though, apparently they still contracted the virus, but it didnt affect them?????

I kniw the Tories are a bunch of morons, but even they wouldnt be stupid enough spend £84 million on a vaccine that didnt ork, surely?????????

The magic money tree turned up. That’s small change compared to the amount they’ve ploughed into private companies during this. Only difference being they won’t have to pay a penny back. Joe public has that covered.

52 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I think they're getting their excuses in early now that they've had a panicked, state-funded payday.

40 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

They spent money on three million antibody tests that didn't work, bought gowns from Turkey that didn't work, bought ventilators from China that were later found to be dangerous.

They believe private sector knows best and anything can work as long as you pay enough money for it. Oxford = good, AstraZeneca = good, give money = get results.

They're like Ted Dibiasse with dementia.