You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

The weird thing is he orchestrated the government’s backing of his ‘reason’ knowing the second visit was likely to be revealed.  All those people who backed him are now at risk - virtually the entire cabinet.   

Serves the fuckers right for not having the bollocks think for themselves.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

It was either that or 'I don't care what you think'. Either way, it just shows the utter contempt he has for anyone outside of his circle.

As a politician who is under pressure, he should know better than most that the media is the circle that either protects or destroys. Imagine what would happen if the one of William or Harry or even Prince Charles said that? The Queen would be privately tearing them a new one on public appearance. You absolutely should think what the public think of you. It's all you really have when you're in the public eye.

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The weird thing is he orchestrated the government’s backing of his ‘reason’ knowing the second visit was likely to be revealed.  All those people who backed him are now at risk - virtually the entire cabinet.   

Chess is a great game when you know how to play it.

It's quite beautiful from the Guardian and Mirror this. 

I think they've probably got more ammunition than an eye witness account. But, they're keeping their powder dry, like before, and seeing how the government respond to this latest revelation. 

Number 10 are now on notice that they've been played. So, how do they react? Do they jib Cummings? Or do they defend him and try and spin the story in some way, knowing that the press probably have more stuff that substantiates the story, or that there's plenty of ways it can be substantiated in the future (checking CCTV, Number Plate Recognition etc)? 

Do they really want to be made to look like dishonest fools for a second time? 

Or do they simply not care because it probably won't matter anyway? 

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I think they've probably got more ammunition than an eye witness account. But, they're keeping their powder dry, like before, and seeing how the government respond to this latest revelation. 

Number 10 are now on notice that they've been played. So, how do they react? Do they jib Cummings? Or do they defend him and try and spin the story in some way, knowing that the press probably have more stuff that substantiates the story, or that there's plenty of ways it can be substantiated in the future (checking CCTV, Number Plate Recognition etc)? 

I don't think they would have necessarily pursued it if he hadn't acted in such an aloof way. He said he didn't care what the media thought, he had all his cronies back him up with twisted justifications (Michael Gove tweeting that the country is going to bad places when a family can't be together through an illness is priceless) and absolutely refusing to show any humility or apologies has I'm sure resulted in this further news story.

So long as they try and operate above the laws they set, I'm sure the newspapers will circle him until he either apologises or resigns.

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

Boring but with a trademark? 

24 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Defo. I reckon they'll have CCTV of them at service stations stretching their legs, etc.

Is there any substance to the rumour that one of his trips coincided with his mothers birthday ? 

9 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Defo. I reckon they'll have CCTV of them at service stations stretching their legs, etc.

Is there any substance to the rumour that one of his trips coincided with his mothers birthday ? 

There's a Companies House entry that has her birthday as April, although no specific date is given. 

It's possible.