You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Really embarrassing what she's doing, to hammer your own reputation like that shows a spectacular lack of self awareness. Unless he's got something on her, which is the only reasonable explanation for someone coming out with something with such a level of vim.

I'm not sure it does. She knows she's untouchable.

8 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I'm not sure it does. She knows she's untouchable.

I mean among her peers and the public. If she wants to work in PR or as a press secretary maybe, but once credibility is gone in her current line of work it's hard if not impossible to get back.

Interesting that Dominic Cummings still isn't trending, variations are, as is Steohen Kinnock bizarrely thanks apparently to a load of bots. He's skilled with this shit or those around him are, I'll give him that.

That being said, I've always suspected the reason Johnson lets him maintain such a high profile is so he can publicly bin him off in the future and give him some sort of second wind with the 1922 committee and chums, like a Saturn 5 booster rocket. "I've sacked him now lads, good times are here again."

I think the Kuenssberg angle is a bit over thought in earlier posts , I think she ( and her bosses ) feels it is worth shielding the government in return for first dibs on their ' a source told me ' exclusives , and with the license fee ' sword of Damocles' being held over their heads.

The thing that bugs me was the way Kuenssberg laughed when she was booed at Labour conference saying ' that's freedom of the press , guys '.Yes that's exactly why journalists have given their lives and liberty away , Laura , just to ensure you get you can roll over , get your tummy tickled and get your mortgage paid.

A Labour spokesman said: "If accurate, the prime minister's chief adviser appears to have breached the lockdown rules. The government's guidance was very clear: stay at home and no non-essential travel.

"The British people do not expect there to be one rule for them and another rule for Dominic Cummings."

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think the Kuenssberg angle is a bit over thought in earlier posts , I think she ( and her bosses ) feels it is worth shielding the government in return for first dibs on their ' a source told me ' exclusives , and with the license fee ' sword of Damocles' being held over their heads.

The thing that bugs me was the way Kuenssberg laughed when she was booed at Labour conference saying ' that's freedom of the press , guys '.Yes that's exactly why journalists have given their lives and liberty away , Laura , just to ensure you get you can roll over , get your tummy tickled and get your mortgage paid.

Yeah each to their own, but it's a strange attitude to have because she's constantly attacked for this by peers whose respect she should value, even traditional Tory journalists like Peter Oborne.

The way she quotes 'sources' is embarrassing. A source in the traditional sense furnishes you with compromising information which is why they're kept anonymous, not policy or defences against accusations. It'd be the equivalent of, instead of classing deepthroat as a source, classing Nixon himself as one. 'A source close to the president said there can be no whitewash, at the White House."

It's worrying but barely noticed that a lot of journalistic big hitters now like Oborne and Pilger don't write for the British press any more, or if they do it's very fleeting. Their stuff turns up in places like Middle East Eye and shit. 

Just now, Anubis said:

Michael Gove’s husband is bang at it as well.

It is ever the defence of the guilty. 

The old if you have nothing to hide why oppose a snooper policy in reverse.

The old if you hadn't driven over 250 miles whilst being told to self isolate and not leave the house you wouldn't be getting hounded.

They know they are beyond reproach and above the law, just don't rub it in the plebs faces as it is bad PR.

• Upvote 1

The government will bend over backwards to defend Cummings. At the very most he'll resign but will then return in some other capacity. If Patel can resign over her Israeli meetings and now be Home Secretary, this should be child's play.

I am actually at the point where I don't care.

Either;

It will rumble on for a couple of days of people being outraged and he gets sacked/resigns then a few days later the whole charade will move on to something else.

Or

It will rumble on for a couple of days of people being outraged and he doesn't get sacked/resign then a few days later the whole charade will move on to something else.

Basically nothing will change with the cunts still being in charge. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I am actually at the point where I don't care.

Either;

It will rumble on for a couple of days of people being outraged and he gets sacked/resigns then a few days later the whole charade will move on to something else.

Or

It will rumble on for a couple of days of people being outraged and he doesn't get sacked/resign then a few days later the whole charade will move on to something else.

Basically nothing will change with the cunts still being in charge. 

I'm amazed that people are outraged to be honest.

It's like being outraged at Hitler for shoplifting.

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm amazed that people are outraged to be honest.

It's like being outraged at Hitler for shoplifting.

Sorry mate I fink you got the wrong man, Hitler wouldn't go shoplifting, he hated shoplifting and had shoplifters shot on sight, Hitler preferred to unwind with a bit of goose stepping after a hard days mass murder, you may of got Adolf mixed up with Englands golden boy and top notch jewellery collector Bobby Moore, which is an easy mistake to make.

It's all bullshit. 

Are we really expected to believe that a government advisor, particularly the top one, the head honcho, had to drive his children to Durham and no other arrangements could be made to have the kids taken there? Or the sister couldn't have come and got the kids? Or met them or somebody half way? 

It's also telling that Kuenssburg describes the further released stuff from Number 10/Cummings as "details." Couching it in terms that suggest that they're indisputable facts, rather than conveniently timed claims that require substantiation. It's that addage about journalism all over again with Kuenssburg, the one about if somebody says it's raining outside etc etc... 

Dunno if I've missed something but are they saying they both had coronavirus so couldn't look after their kids, so instead drove with their kids- possibly infecting them- dropped them off at their elderly parents, possibly infecting them?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Dunno if I've missed something but are they saying they both had coronavirus so couldn't look after their kids, so instead drove with their kids- possibly infecting them- dropped them off at their elderly parents, possibly infecting them?

Source says that's all fine. 

• Upvote 1