You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

I see a new study now published in Cell showing that the antigen tests are basically useless because the most common defence against this is T Cells, not antibodies. So you can be immune, but still test negative on an antibody test.

Some estimates that there could be 50% cross immunity from other coronavirus'. So in London for example where they think 10 - 20% of people could have the antibodies and another 50% could have immunity through T Cells, then you're very close to achieving herd immunity and if you practise social distancing then you're hugely close to this thing burning out.

We are seeing drops in infection across the countries who have had infection for a period of time, and that is regardless of whether they are in lockdown, in a reduced lockdown, no lockdown or if they never had a lockdown in the first place.

I am fully aware that I am being optimistic, but the studies on covibes.org show that this is almost eliminated in this country by July.

As I am currently supposed to be in Costa Rica getting married, I'm hoping this is the case and so I can squeeze a wedding in in September this year.

• Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I see a new study now published in Cell showing that the antigen tests are basically useless because the most common defence against this is T Cells, not antibodies. So you can be immune, but still test negative on an antibody test.

Some estimates that there could be 50% cross immunity from other coronavirus'. So in London for example where they think 10 - 20% of people could have the antibodies and another 50% could have immunity through T Cells, then you're very close to achieving herd immunity and if you practise social distancing then you're hugely close to this thing burning out.

We are seeing drops in infection across the countries who have had infection for a period of time, and that is regardless of whether they are in lockdown, in a reduced lockdown, no lockdown or if they never had a lockdown in the first place.

I am fully aware that I am being optimistic, but the studies on covibes.org show that this is almost eliminated in this country by July.

As I am currently supposed to be in Costa Rica getting married, I'm hoping this is the case and so I can squeeze a wedding in in September this year.

Cuckooooooooooooooooo

10 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Who could have seen that coming?  It's almost like it's a highly infectious virus.

To be fair, the infection ratio of positives to number of tests is about the same, they just tested about 14K extra people compared to the previous day.

28 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

UK new cases up - daily deaths up -- @SasaS Get this shit sorted!!

Pro rata infections are down. Daily deaths Friday-to-Friday are down. Rolling three day averages are down.

VE Day would have seen a spike 5 to 8 days later in terms if infections.

Very interesting video here on the importance of Vitamin D2 and D3. It's quite long and certainly worth paying attention to, while it only mentions coronavirus once or twice. His next video will be more directly linking the two.

The main points are :

• depending on your location, you may not get enough Vitamin D through sunlight conversion
  • milk is fortified with Vitamin D; cheese and yoghurt are not
  • certain fish are rich in Vitamin D
  • the lighter tone of your skin, the easier it is for the skin to absorb and convert sunlight into Vitamin D
  • the darker tone of your skin, the harder it is for the skin to absorb and convert sunlight into vitamin D
  • Vitamin D is transported through the body in the same methods as oxygen and coronavirus
  • 800 to 1,000ius of Vitmain D3 supplement a day or every other day is recommended for vitamin deficiency
  • vitamin D overdose is toxic for the body
  • there are a lot of factors that are very similar between Vitamin D deficiency and coronavirus vulnerability, however at this point there is not enough information to be certain
  • studies are ongoing, but Vitamin D3 is considered a slightly better supplement than Vitamin D2

38 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

UK new cases up - daily deaths up -- @SasaS Get this shit sorted!!

My advise to the UK Government would be, if you want to see new cases go down, stop testing so much. Not every fucker who sneezes needs to get tested.

To the British people I say, don't die. Or if you must, at least do it outside pillar I where it doesn't get immediately counted 

To covid19 I say, git!

• Upvote 1

I have come to the conclusion that my kids are more likely to get anxiety or OCD than they are Covid-19. I am now telling them not to wash their hands every time they come back into the house and only do it before they eat. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Sorry - thought you were a man of the world.

Wwwwwhhhyyyyy

wwwwwaaaaasssss

ttthhheeerrreeee

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sssssspppppiiiikkkeeee?

No need to bring Tonys Maa into it 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Sorry - thought you were a man of the world.

Wwwwwhhhyyyyy

wwwwwaaaaasssss

ttthhheeerrreeee

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sssssspppppiiiikkkeeee?

You should at least wait for a 3-day average before you start talking about spikes. Same when it goes down sharply one day.