You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

21 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Gove guarantees that teachers and pupils will be safe in school before immediately following it up by saying there will be risk. 

Great stuff 

What kind of teacher are you Paulie? Beautiful patriotic hero or militant lefty communist scum?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Gove guarantees that teachers and pupils will be safe in school before immediately following it up by saying there will be risk. 

Great stuff 

40 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Great stuff 

I liked the straw man about ‘the only way to protect yourself fully from coronavirus is to stay in the house completely’ 

Yeah, dickhead, I’m pretty sure that’s the argument all the science community, apart from the selected windbags you  just happen to believe, said and you’re using it to discredit the argument you fucking imbecile.

They are beyond parody now.

Eight additional sailors aboard the coronavirus-stricken carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt have now tested positive for the virus according to a defense official.

These eight sailors had previously tested positive and were removed from the ship in order to self-quarantine. They had all tested negative twice before being allowed back on board before this latest incident of testing positive again for the virus.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Eight additional sailors aboard the coronavirus-stricken carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt have now tested positive for the virus according to a defense official.

These eight sailors had previously tested positive and were removed from the ship in order to self-quarantine. They had all tested negative twice before being allowed back on board before this latest incident of testing positive again for the virus.

You'd think 90,000 odd deaths would make people start using their heads. 

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Great stuff 

To be fair, there's absolutely nothing we can do in life that guarantees safety from the virus. If people are expecting that as a starting point, we should all just lock ourselves up at home and starve to death. 

We have to find a balance between minimising risk and getting as close to normal life as possible. The problem is not if Gove or any other government shitehawk can guarantee safety - because if they do, they're lying - it's if they're making every effort to keep teachers and pupils as safe as possible in our schools. Up to now the government have provide just soundbites and no evidence that they're making any effort. Wanting zero risk is as pointless and selfish as those nut jobs who are crying about having their freedoms taken away by lockdown. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

To be fair, there's absolutely nothing we can do in life that guarantees safety from the virus. If people are expecting that as a starting point, we should all just lock ourselves up at home and starve to death. 

We have to find a balance between minimising risk and getting as close to normal life as possible. The problem is not if Gove or any other government shitehawk can guarantee safety - because if they do, they're lying - it's if they're making every effort to keep teachers and pupils as safe as possible in our schools. Up to now the government have provide just soundbites and no evidence that they're making any effort. Wanting zero risk is as pointless and selfish as those nut jobs who are crying about having their freedoms taken away by lockdown. 

I agree that there's no way to get zero risk, meaning Gove's claim that he could guarantee it was safe are laughable. 

I'd be interested to see if the private schools, that the great and good of the political world send their children, will be opening in a few weeks as well. As they're so safe. 

4 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I'd be interested to see if the private schools, that the great and good of the political world send their children, will be opening in a few weeks as well. As they're so safe. 

Tory mouthpiece has that one covered. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/16/private-schools-should-spread-word-time-send-children-back-class/

5 minutes ago, TK421 said:

'If you had a magic carpet that could take you anywhere,' I asked my three-year-old during an Arabian-themed bedtime story, “where would you go?” “Nursery school,” he replied, sadly. "

A cheer went up from the waiting voters. 

15 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I agree that there's no way to get zero risk, meaning Gove's claim that he could guarantee it was safe are laughable. 

Opening in September apparently. 

• Upvote 1

Private schools finish earlier than public schools so it’s not as bad as it looks if they don’t go back at the same time, that’s not to say I don’t believe that if one goes back there should be exemptions for the other. 

They finish mid/late June, whilst public school close towards the end of July.

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

A cheer went up from the waiting voters. 

‘But if going back without protection meant you brought the virus back home and killed grandmama,' I asked my three-year-old as the brave Arabian Knight was infected with leprosy by a small child, “how would you feel” “Psychologically damaged for life.’ he replied, sadly. "

The Telegraph can go and fuck itself, and everyone aboard it.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
31 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Business wanker saying 30 million vaccine doses available by September. 

It's a shame this lot just lie all the time or that might be exciting, I'm currently waiting on my game-changer antibody test and Dyson ventilator. 

Dyson is the richest man in the UK now, he just hoovers the money up any old how. 

44 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Business wanker saying 30 million vaccine doses available by September. 

It's a shame this lot just lie all the time or that might be exciting, I'm currently waiting on my game-changer antibody test and Dyson ventilator. 

Postpone the schools opening until September, when the vaccine will be 100% ready and thirty million doses will definitely be available.  Vaccinate all the beautiful children and send them on their way merry way, risk free.