You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Interesting article on a long-term form of the virus and why the Government’s advice on symptoms is out of date. Apologies if it has been posted before.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/15/weird-hell-professor-advent-calendar-covid-19-symptoms-paul-garner

That's horrendous. I take it these patients are also infectious during the whole time too.

Keep seeing these stories about people in seaside towns or the country side telling people not to go there, eh I'll go where I fucking want thank you, you don't own it. People who live in the countryside are twats by and large, I'll go for a walk in the hills but you stay in your high rise. If they don't like it they can stay in their cottage, job done.

12 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

It’s not a phrase I’m too comfortable with in the first place, but fuck me that looks horrible in text.

fucked it off reads much better, Orwell would agree - plain English.

What are they gonna run a book on?? Death rates? Spread on how close Tory numbers are to actual Covid related deaths?

Racing back in a few weeks hopefully. 

About Covid related deaths there's two cunts strumming guitars on the square now, they must be thinking about bringing a nice peaceful feeling to the area, better than screaming scumbags with their cans of ale and minty tracksuit bottoms though. 

I just didn't want to close my windows as its quite warm, what's with these cunts not realising that people might live around here and don't want to hear your folksy shite. 

I thought public transport was unbearable now you can't even sit at home without hearing the invasive twats, breaking down. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Interesting article on a long-term form of the virus and why the Government’s advice on symptoms is out of date. Apologies if it has been posted before.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/15/weird-hell-professor-advent-calendar-covid-19-symptoms-paul-garner

Interesting. I just read his piece. It was this time two weeks ago I started feeling sick - just a bit off, and some stomach discomfort. Had a stressful couple of days so didn't think anything of it more than tiredness/fatigue. Woke up on the Saturday morning felt like I'd been hit by a bus - terrible aches and pains and a cracking headache. I'd been feeling great up until then, working out every day, working on my laptop in the sun in my garden, no signs anything was coming. The only thing off was a sore shoulder, which I'd slept on funny. Anyway, felt awful, made it to lunchtime and ended up going to bed for three hours. Woke up feeling a bit better, went for a walk to the shop with the missus although I didn't actually go in (didn't think it was Corona cos I hadn't been anywhere in weeks). Developed a cough that afternoon. Went to bed about 9 feeling hot / cold. Checked my temperature about 10pm it was 38.8. Checked the NHS website - cough and temperature? Self isolate for two weeks. 

So here I am two weeks later. Still got a cough it's never gone away. Apart from that I started feeling fine about three days ago up until then still felt a bit off and tired and in no way ready to work out. Was it Coronavirus? No idea. Who knows? Had all the symptoms but just stayed in the house. 

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

EYC3joRWsAIj5KE?format=jpg&name=large

The same newspaper which has been perving over a girl who was 15 years old a couple of days ago -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8321279/Gwyneth-Paltrows-girl-Apple-Martin-looks-just-like-movie-star-mom-16th-birthday.html

"It was clear that the high-schooler already knew how to strike a pose, as she vamped it up for the camera."

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The whole presser just feels like a party political broadcast now. I won't watch it anymore.

They're nothing more than staged managed sideshows. They reek of it. The longer these long distance shitfests go on, the worse they'll get. There's no chance for any decent journo to put pressure on the people they're questioning.

Any answer given is often preceded by 'great question' or some other buzz phrase before the same inane drivel is spoken in replay. 

Remember before these pressers went digital the bumbling buffoon actually referred to it as an 'interrogation'.

2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

They're nothing more than staged man sideshows. They reek of it. The longer these long distance shitfests go on, the worse they'll get. There's no chance for any decent journo to put pressure on the people they're questioning.

Any answer given is often preceded by 'great question' or some other buzz phrase before the same inane drivel is spoken in replay. 

Remember before these pressers went digital the bumbling buffoon actually referred to it as an 'interrogation'.

An interrogation - or, as normal people would say, being asked questions.

It's a man who's had everything handed to him on a plate his whole life. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

This study is saying that potentially 1 in every 5 kids has/had the virus. 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-children-in-england-more-likely-to-be-infected-with-covid-19-than-any-other-age-group-study-warns-11988784

Just in case you needed something to confuse you any more. 

I lost faith in modelling when Neil Ferguson said there would be 20,000 deaths in total.

I heard someone talk on the radio today about how people travelling to work are in more danger than teachers are.

Do these people say these things in their heads before a microphone is put in front of them?

3 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

I lost faith in modelling when they told me I was too fat, and too ugly.

Judgmental pricks.

Surely it depends on what you are modelling?