You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, redinblack62 said:

Iwas so pissed off at this I repped it by mistake. Please someone neg me.

And Scott M? Fuck Off. Really. Fuck Off.

I'm sure you can change your rep/neg responses.

49 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Unless there are two people called Tracy Kiss who are 32 years old, have two kids, live in Aylesbury, and have the website tracykiss.com then it's the same one.

Zero chance that the girl in the right of the first picture is the same at the tatted lady

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

Iwas so pissed off at this I repped it by mistake. Please someone neg me.

And Scott M? Fuck Off. Really. Fuck Off. They Had It Coming Right?

No. He didn't say that and no one thinks that.

All he's saying is that they need to be separated out on the graph, stacked bars would do it. There are different trends and dynamics with hospitals and care homes, lumping them all in together after not initially reporting them obfuscates the data. If there's a problem with either setting, then it can't be seen by putting the data together. It's the exact opposite of what you're saying.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Mudface said:

No. He didn't say that and no one thinks that.

All he's saying is that they need to be separated out on the graph, stacked bars would do it. There are different trends and dynamics with hospitals and care homes, lumping them all in together after not initially reporting them obfuscates the data. If there's a problem with either setting, then it can't be seen by putting the data together. It's the exact opposite of what you're saying.

I wound that back, the original post struck close to home......I read again and I see it was about the stats rather than the people.....my bad. Flying off the handle....I need a drink. MY apologies.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

I wound that back, the original post struck close to home......I read again and I see it was about the stats rather than the people.....my bad. Flying off the handle....I need a drink. MY apologies.

Well done, mate.  We need more of that on the GF; people admitting when they were wrong. Obviously it doesn't apply to me, but the rest of you should follow redinblack62's lead. 

Negged.  I mean repped. 

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

It's a shit time, don't worry about it.  If we had a government worth a piss, we wouldn't be having to wonder about stats and whether we can trust them.

On the bright side, I think I've managed to drink myself sober, which is triumphant validation to what my wife thought earlier.

I take it you have relatives or friends in care homes?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Well done, mate.  We need more of that on the GF; people admitting when they were wrong. Obviously it doesn't apply to me, but the rest of you should follow redinblack62's lead. 

Negged.  I mean repped. 

Ahem...

7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It's a shit time, don't worry about it.  If we had a government worth a piss, we wouldn't be having to wonder about stats and whether we can trust them.

On the bright side, I think I've managed to drink myself sober, which is triumphant validation to what my wife thought earlier.

My Mother went into care with dementia. She had always been a proud independent woman but with one or two other issues the dementia came and it got to the point that we couldnt care for her and nor could she as she was going to hurt herself....going missing for 24hrs, turning up with her money gone, her handbag empty and shes had a slap.....but the home were wonderful, and someone from our family went every day. Shes gone now and we miss her, and it hurt to place her there, but we knw her last years were good, and the staff were wonderful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

10 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Does that mean sober, drunk, sober? Impressive if so.

6 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

My Mother went into care with dementia. She had always been a proud independent woman but with one or two other issues the dementia came and it got to the point that we couldnt care for her and nor could she as she was going to hurt herself....going missing for 24hrs, turning up with her money gone, her handbag empty and shes had a slap.....but the home were wonderful, and someone from our family went every day. Shes gone now and we miss her, and it hurt to place her there, but we knw her last years were good, and the staff were wonderful.

Good.

I'm glad you have positive memories of her last years. Everyone's final years should be as comfortable as they can be, for both patients and relatives. It's disgusting that it so often isn't and is so harrowing to the people left to pick the pieces up. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Does that mean sober, drunk, sober? Impressive if so.

Nah, I got pissed on Friday night. Woke up fucked, still troubled by it till late afternoon. Now I'm pissed again. Impressively stupid, maybe.

16 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Just seen someone I went to school with who now lives in Winsford sharing this on Facebook with loads of replies from people in her street saying they are up for it. 

95C2DFC9-8FA7-46A4-B028-E254311B4798.jpeg

Haha, what can you say.  30,000 dead people and the appropriate response is to have a racist street party.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Just seen someone I went to school with who now lives in Winsford sharing this on Facebook with loads of replies from people in her street saying they are up for it. 

95C2DFC9-8FA7-46A4-B028-E254311B4798.jpeg

I thought this was taking the piss but this is from the Telegraph.

The Queen will address the nation on May 8th, once again delivering a special television message to mark the occasion. Her speech on the significance of VE Day will be made from Windsor Castle and is to take place at 9pm, at the moment that her father, King George VI, gave a radio address back in 1945.

After the Queen's Speech, a singalong will take place of Vera Lynn's "We'll Meet Again", which the Department for Culture, Media and Sport says is designed to "allow members of the public to remember and give thanks to the Second World War generation". The lyrics of Lynn's song were echoed in the Queen's televised address about coronavirus.