You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

(1) Stalker!

Yes, when I was made a director of that company I was a Sales Director, yes my Linkedin profile says Sales Director, but please don't pretend you have a fucking clue what I do in my job, because you don't.

(2) So now you are telling me that someone working in a doctor's surgery is not qualified to comment on how hard it is to get an appointment with a doctor?

(3) Shows you don't know what you're fucking talking about.

(4) Never did I claim that I was qualified to perform brain surgery, you fucking dick! I do work in healthcare, and this offers me a certain insight that someone who doesn't work in healthcare doesn't have. Having said that, I only mentioned this when I was talking about getting a fucking appointment with a doctor. I didn't try and use this experience to justify a thesis on how to treat Coronavirus with pickled fucking cabbage.

(5) I'm choosing to have a positive attitude. Imagine being offended by that!

Go and get him, Adam. Cev is just a tubby waddling latter day convict who clearly has no intention of moving his arse off his balcony with a view. Forget the Berlin undercard. If you book a flight out to Oz now you can make it just in time to surprise him during those fifteen minutes he’s setting aside on Monday and kick his arse. Go tiger....

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

(1) Stalker!

(3) Shows you don't know what you're fucking talking about.

(4) Never did I claim that I was qualified to perform brain surgery, you fucking dick! 

Come on, Cev. Are you seriously going to let somebody insult you like this and just take it? Are you? Are you?

tenor.gif

They need a better version of this graph. 

Hospital deaths and Care Home deaths need to be stacked bars.

There then needs to lines for rolling 7 day averages for total, hospital and Care Home deaths.

From what I’ve read, hospital deaths have been 400-500 all week. Terrible but improving. 

I know what is happening in Care Homes is tragic but I feel people in that situation are somewhat ring fenced anyway and don’t really impact the population who are employed and have bills / mortgages / businesses etc to service.

I’m not saying Care Homes are less important, they aren’t, I just feel that they should be reported as their own metric. 

If Care Home deaths remain high but hospital deaths are dropping significantly, if / when the advise of going back to work etc comes, then it needs to be clearly highlight that the general population is at less risk and therefore safer to go about the everyday lives. 

I’m not saying Care Homes are less important, they aren’t, I just feel that they should be reported as their own metric. 

FDF3720B-E08F-418A-9D33-B84F2594A819.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I know what is happening in Care Homes is tragic but I feel people in that situation are somewhat ring fenced anyway and don’t really impact the population who are employed and have bills / mortgages / businesses etc to service.

Except for the thousands of people who work in them

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I meant in relation to elderly and vulnerable people who live in the Care Homes. 

Being in that environment I think it probably makes them even more vulnerable but I guess you could argue that, as long as none of the folks who worked there brought a new infection inside the bubble. 

In some countries, reports are that  the majority of deaths were in those types of facilities.

The UK is racing up the charts as it is, if they included those deaths it would be top of the heap - I think that is why they are trying to parse/position those numbers as being somewhat "different."

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Being in that environment I think it probably makes them even more vulnerable but I guess you could argue that, as long as none of the folks who worked there brought a new infection inside the bubble. 

In some countries, reports are that  the majority of deaths were in those types of facilities.

The UK is racing up the charts as it is, if they included those deaths it would be top of the heap - I think that is why they are trying to parse/position those numbers as being somewhat "different."

They say they have included and are now regularly including those numbers. like the French do. 

621 isn't great is it? I'd hoped it'd be falling more than that by now. 

Also, before the lockdown most of the media questions were about bringing in a  lockdown. And now we're in a lockdown most of the questions are about getting of the lockdown. 

2 hours ago, Elite said:

Covid is the type of shit Simon would create accidently when he's attempting to make Chicken Fajitas.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Then try to get to hospital on his exercise bike 

With a wang that he can't get up, and while coughing like he has TB.

11 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

621 isn't great is it? I'd hoped it'd be falling more than that by now. 

c.450 hospital, the remainder Care Homes.

We've been used to seeing hospital only figures and they are reducing a reasonable amount. Adding the Care Home numbers in makes the peak higher & the reduction slower.

They should be separate or, at least, distinguishable figures.

Just now, Scott_M said:

c.450 hospital, the remainder Care Homes.

We've been used to seeing hospital only figures and they are reducing a reasonable amount. Adding the Care Home numbers in makes the peak higher & the reduction slower.

They should be separate or, at least, distinguishable figures.

The death rate isn't a true indicator anyway. Many have been in hospital for days if not weeks. The media is obsessed with it because it's lazy and thick.

Running order:

(1) Death figures - no infection, hospitalization or new ICU figures

(2) Highlighted death of the day "meet the couple who were supposed to get married but both died instead."

(3) "And finally" meet the dancing postman/yodleing fireman keeping everyone entertained during lockdown.

Add depressed sighs from Tom Bradburry between each section, throw in some scaremongering non peer reviewed research highlighted earlier that day by the Metro for good measure. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The death rate isn't a true indicator anyway. Many have been in hospital for days if not weeks. The media is obsessed with it because it's lazy and thick.

Running order:

(1) Death figures - no infection, hospitalization or new ICU figures

(2) Highlighted death of the day "meet the couple who were supposed to get married but both died instead."

(3) "And finally" meet the dancing postman/yodleing fireman keeping everyone entertained during lockdown.

Add depressed sighs from Tom Bradburry between each section, throw in some scaremongering non peer reviewed research highlighted earlier that day by the Metro for good measure. 

I disagree. Due to the lack of testing and tracing, unfortunately the death rate is the most accurate reflection of how things are going. 

Anyhoo, not got fully UTD due to post-mortems and registering death certificates etc, but this is the deaths by day from hospitals. Although still shite, it shows a better picture than the graph I originally posted. 

7275B344-9FE4-4EB3-A302-389AD5CD4091.png

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think the death rate is pretty important like. 

Yes, figures for hospitalisations and ICU occupancy numbers should be given also though as they give an indicator of where things may be a week or two's time. Scotland provide them daily, so the other home nations should too.