Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 541 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Sometimes mate the parents can be arsed but the kid won't play ball! It's a fucking nightmare, believe me!

There are also parents who wouldn't know where to start on some of the lessons despite their best intentions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foam said:

 

I'm struggling to see why kids can't resume going to school in the same conditions as adults are in this crisis. Social distancing rules can be applied in various ways (alternating class days, use of additional rooms/gyms etc).

 

The idea that kids will create a second wave is utter bollocks when I see about 10-15 gangs of the fuckheads cycling about together, gathering outside shops or in the park.

 

The chaos this has already created for families with regards to mental health is horrible, I'm dreading the shitstorm that is coming in the next few weeks/months when GP's reopen.


I’ll let you in on a little secret, kids are stupid, shallow, stupid, vacuous, pathetic, entitled, stupid, fucking imbecile’s that have no knowledge of the fact they are stupid, shallow, stupid, vacuous, pathetic, entitled, stupid, fucking imbecile’s.

 

Dont trust ‘em, they’re stupid cunts.

 

What ever branch of the magic money tree you hit, if you hit it with a kid you’d get less, because they’re proper dickheads.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

There are also parents who wouldn't know where to start on some of the lessons despite their best intentions.

Yep. Paulie sent over some boss stuff for kids. Gave it to my friend who wouldn't have had any idea. They have been fine since. Nice one again @Paulie Dangerously 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:


I’ll let you in on a little secret, kids are stupid, shallow, stupid, vacuous, pathetic, entitled, stupid, fucking imbecile’s that have no knowledge of the fact they are stupid, shallow, stupid, vacuous, pathetic, entitled, stupid, fucking imbecile’s.

 

Dont trust ‘em, they’re stupid cunts.

 

What ever branch of the magic money tree you hit, if you hit it with a kid you’d get less, because they’re proper dickheads.

Have they been hectic today because of being stuck in because of the weather by any chance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, sir roger said:

There are also parents who wouldn't know where to start on some of the lessons despite their best intentions.

I'd be the first to admit it mate! My last is dyslexic, and if I'm honest I think he's depressed! I'm embarrassed when his teachers call up to ask how he's getting on with his work!

 

I just have to tell them the truth! I love the kid with all my heart, but it seems like he's given up....at 15!!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

Just how in the fuck did you come to that conclusion for fucks sakes? I literally have no understanding of a how a functioning adult that is not retarded can come to that conclusion!

I am a director of three companies in healthcare, products sales, service and rentals, product development and providing healthcare are all things that I am involved in to some extent, directly and indirectly. I've been doing this for 15 years, so I have numerous contacts and friends in the industry. This doesn't give me medical knowledge (I never claimed it did), but it does give me an insight as to what is going on in terms of how full wards are, what preparations are happening, what local model outcomes are looking like, what contingency plans are in place etc. 

 

The good news is, if you work in a bank, somebody there should be able to explain what 0.5% is - so go and ask someone, you fucking moron!

Ah, so you get pulled on adding false gravitas to your posts and start handing out insults?
Nice one.

You are a sales professional who works in the health industry. My wife and sister are both health professionals- ok, so your wife is what a drs receptionist? Your sister is a nurse - at last we have a healthcare professional. My cousin is a nurse back home in Liverpool, she tried lecturing me in kidney disease, didn’t have a fucking clue what she was talking about.

talks to me about lack of PPE and is happening on the red ward she works on - good solid knowledge.

I spent 3 years working for the Australian Digital Health Agency - so guess what, I too have friends who are clinicians, work in medical data analysis, but I’m not making posts on here about something everyone is struggling with, as if I’m some kind of authority.

early doors you posted some relevant info on how things were tracking, what you had been told could be about to happen - this as useful information and you were rightly applauded for it, but you then start acting like a health pro handing out your supposition like the Delphic Oracle, and it’s bollocks.

“oh I’m just trying to be positive”

Ive a lot more reason to be positive for the way Australia is handling this, but I am pissed odd as u can see the difference at the UK is handling it, and it’s a fucking nightmare, you can’t stick a positive spin on it, no matter how many fucking GP surgeries are empty. 
“I’m a director of 3 companies” yeah and fucking what? You are not a health professional, an epidemiologist, someone who in reality should be coming out with some of the bollocks you have.

yer fucking bellend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful scenes in the US. They’ll come out of this a better, more intelligent and more compassionate nation.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sir roger said:

There are also parents who wouldn't know where to start on some of the lessons despite their best intentions.


I’m talking about primary school level. Are kids being set what you’d define as lessons? From what I’m experiencing the teachers are sending clear instructions with plenty of room to improvise. If the parents do have good intentions it could be done on a basic level like reading the instructions on the back of a microwave meal. It’s the kind of things that the kids have already been doing all through the school year. At the very least you’re just keeping their little brains ticking over.
 

I’m in contact with my six year old’s teacher every day and she sends group messages every morning with plenty of stuff for them to be getting on with. It’s genuinely been really good. It’s given me things to do with her that we never would have done otherwise. Little science experiments and things that give me a different insight into what they’re doing at school. The teacher has said all along that there’s no pressure to get everything done and that people should only do what they feel they can. There’s still been a few moments where I’ve thought to myself that I’ve got a new found respect for primary school teachers though. I couldn’t handle 20+ of them. 
 

Maybe we’re lucky but I was assuming it would be mostly the same everywhere and it’s parents who can’t be arsed that are letting their kids down, not any failure or unrealistic expectations from the teachers. I know of one kid in Turdsette’s class where this is definitely true. The mum likes a drink, she’s one of those treating this like it’s a holiday. The little girl is already behind the other kids, she was still wearing a nappy to school at 5-6 and is now looking at six months stuck at home without any meaningful attempt at schooling. It’s just fucking sad. 
 

It’s different for the older kids. Ours have direct contact through school emails and the teachers are able to see what’s being done. Again, I think they’re being careful not to make things more stressful for them and they’re finished after two hours at most. All I can do is make sure they’re up and at it in the mornings and ask how they’re getting on.  
 

It’s a different challenge again for you, @Creator Supreme, I can understand that. If this was going on when I was 15, I know for a fact I’d be doing nothing and there’d be fuck all my ma would or could have done about it. My points in this thread have been mainly about the younger kids where the lack of education has a much bigger effect long term. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newsnight with a feature on how South Africa has been relatively unscathed by the virus, including early lockdown, army on the streets, banning alcohol sales and an army of 30,000 community nurses doing widespread testing. A health (I think) talking head in SA said he found the UK approach confusing. They've taken a big hit on their economy though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

South Korean scientists have concluded that coronavirus patients cannot relapse after recovering from the disease, despite hundreds of recovered people testing positive again.

The new findings suggest that rather than indicating reinfection, the positive resultswere caused by shortcomings in the standard virus test. They will greatly reassure governments threatened by the nightmarish prospect of a never-ending cycle of infection and reinfection.

Positive test results on people who had tested negative were the result of “fragments” of the virus lingering in their bodies, but with no power to make them or ill or to infect others, according to South Korea’s central clinical committee for emerging disease control.

 

 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-patients-cant-relapse-south-korean-scientists-believe-rkm8zm7d9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Beautiful scenes in the US. They’ll come out of this a better, more intelligent and more compassionate nation.

 

 

I've just checked the demographics for Lansing, Michigan and I'm not sure that crowd is entirely representative of the city's ethnic diversity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very little, if anything on the bbc regarding the human cost. At last count, British health workers who have lost their lives due to the pandemic 156.  South Korean health workers who have lost their lives, 1. 

 

Meanwhile the BBC's main political correspondent reels off a load of government guff.

 

In fairness in between tweet after tweet of making sure we swallow  the government rhetoric she has smashed in a tweet giving voice to the Jewish counsel on labour anti semitism. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, foam said:

 

I'm struggling to see why kids can't resume going to school in the same conditions as adults are in this crisis. Social distancing rules can be applied in various ways (alternating class days, use of additional rooms/gyms etc).

 

The idea that kids will create a second wave is utter bollocks when I see about 10-15 gangs of the fuckheads cycling about together, gathering outside shops or in the park.

 

The chaos this has already created for families with regards to mental health is horrible, I'm dreading the shitstorm that is coming in the next few weeks/months when GP's reopen.

I'm in my school once a week with 7 or 8 children of key workers. You can't keep them social distanced. They hug, share drinks and snacks, play fight etc. That's under 10 kids with 3 adults supervising them. 

 

It simply won't be possible to ensure social distancing in primary schools. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

It simply won't be possible to ensure social distancing in primary schools. 

depositphotos_241745382-stock-photo-arma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:


Yeah, this is one of the first things that needs to happen. For the kids more than anything else. There’s hundreds of thousands of kids out there getting nothing at all by way of education or structure. The majority of people are trying their best but plenty aren’t bothering at all. And it’s disproportionately people below the poverty line. Kids who have behavioural problems anyway are either sat in front of an Xbox all day or as you say, out in parks and on the street not giving a fuck.
 

These kids are falling further and further behind through no fault of their own. My sister’s fella has a son from a previous relationship and he falls firmly into this category. He’s a little bastard and I can’t stand him but I just feel sad when I think about his mum letting him run wild like it’s the summer holidays. The estate they live on is full of kids like that and that’s just one place and one example. 
 

I’ve seen/read suggestions of splitting the schooldays into two. Half the kids in school in the morning, half in the afternoon, still adhering to social distancing. What do the teachers on here think of that? I know a lot of teachers are still going into school anyway to look after small groups of children.
 

There’s not much point in the year 6 and year 11 kids going back now because their exams have been cancelled so that removes a fair chunk and I’m sure that there’ll be some who won’t feel ready to send them back or think that they might as well stay at home until September. 
 

I haven’t even started talking about the economic benefits of more people being able to go back to work. I don’t know, I’m rambling. Interested to hear what any of our teachers here think about it. 
 

@Paul @Paulie Dangerously I’m forgetting one or two others I think. 

I'm more worried about the children's health and wellbeing tbh. I know some children in my class and school don't have a happy home life. School is their safe, happy place where they are regarded, listened to and respected. Some of them are home in unsafe places. 

 

Work wise, we are primary. We've set a maths, English and foundation studies task every day. Contrary to what a lot of people (not necessarily here) think, teaching children new topics remotely, via zoom etc,  would be so deeply impractical that it wouldn't be worth be worth doing. You'd end up with embedded misconceptions which would have to be unravelled and retaught when they got back to school. 

 

My daughter's school have been brilliant with work.  They send a web page with activities home every day. Varied and useful. Obviously, with 2 teachers in the house we can expand and explain things to her as well. 

 

Re: kids going back. Teachers desperately want their classes back in school, but safely.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Very little, if anything on the bbc regarding the human cost. At last count, British health workers who have lost their lives due to the pandemic 156.  South Korean health workers who have lost their lives, 1. 

 

 

I'm genuinely interested to know the death rate for front line NHS workers xompared with people of working age who are staying at home. It's clear. If we're going to compare to South Korea, as a nation we clearly controlled it less well. But has the approach and lack of PPE exasperated that further?

 

It's also a serious issue for the future as well as those who've lost their lives. We're looking globally to fill NHS vacancies as we no longer have open boarders with Europe. If you're a nurse or doctor and can pick pretty much anywhere in the world to work, why would you choose a country that will willing risk your life? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Ah, so you get pulled on adding false gravitas to your posts and start handing out insults?
Nice one.

You are a sales professional who works in the health industry. My wife and sister are both health professionals- ok, so your wife is what a drs receptionist? Your sister is a nurse - at last we have a healthcare professional. My cousin is a nurse back home in Liverpool, she tried lecturing me in kidney disease, didn’t have a fucking clue what she was talking about.

talks to me about lack of PPE and is happening on the red ward she works on - good solid knowledge.

I spent 3 years working for the Australian Digital Health Agency - so guess what, I too have friends who are clinicians, work in medical data analysis, but I’m not making posts on here about something everyone is struggling with, as if I’m some kind of authority.

early doors you posted some relevant info on how things were tracking, what you had been told could be about to happen - this as useful information and you were rightly applauded for it, but you then start acting like a health pro handing out your supposition like the Delphic Oracle, and it’s bollocks.

“oh I’m just trying to be positive”

Ive a lot more reason to be positive for the way Australia is handling this, but I am pissed odd as u can see the difference at the UK is handling it, and it’s a fucking nightmare, you can’t stick a positive spin on it, no matter how many fucking GP surgeries are empty. 
“I’m a director of 3 companies” yeah and fucking what? You are not a health professional, an epidemiologist, someone who in reality should be coming out with some of the bollocks you have.

yer fucking bellend.

Listen you fucking idiot, I only 'gave my CV' as justification for stating that people were finding it extremely hard to get doctor's appointments. So the fact that my missus is a Medical Secretary, the fact that my sister runs a care agency and the fact that I work in healthcare (and not in a sales capacity for, your information) is relevant.

 

I have not once claimed to be a healthcare professional or an epidemiologist, could you please show me where I have while you're chucking about these accusations? Where have I even acted like a 'health pro'?

 

I have not once claimed to have any kind of medical insight other than those that I have gleaned from reading - you should try it.

 

I am allowed to be positive and still wish the government to face scrutiny. I am choosing not to look at the worst possible angle of every scenario. 

 

I'm done with you. It's like arguing with a 6 year old. Good luck with the maths classes, you might want to see if you can do some extra comprehension classes too, you dumb fuck!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I'm in my school once a week with 7 or 8 children of key workers. You can't keep them social distanced. They hug, share drinks and snacks, play fight etc. That's under 10 kids with 3 adults supervising them. 

 

It simply won't be possible to ensure social distancing in primary schools. 

I live in a very large estate.  My 2.5 year olds best friend in playschool is a girl who lives in our estate too. Last week we were taking a walk with the kids around the footy pitches, and next thing the 2.5 year old is off like a startled bunny.  And who's sprinting towards him?  His little pal.  They hugged it up like you've never seen.  Impossible to contain.

 

But the other side of it is, the second I'm back in work, and hopefully my wife gets a new job, or if her company restarts up and she gets her job back, we need the creche and play school back for my 2 kids.  They don't go back, and I or my wife can't go back.  My dad is 86, so we can't lump the kids on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, aRdja said:

Beautiful scenes in the US. They’ll come out of this a better, more intelligent and more compassionate nation.

 

 

 

Screaming and shouting and breathing on each other for hours in confined spaces. Smort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reiterating my offer from ages ago. If anyone has a primary aged child (year 1-6) and wants some extra resources just PM me their year group and anything specific you'd like with an email address and I'll send some resources over.  

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Reiterating my offer from ages ago. If anyone has a primary aged child (year 1-6) and wants some extra resources just PM me their year group and anything specific you'd like with an email address and I'll send some resources over.  

Top Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×