You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

No child has been found to have passed coronavirus to an adult, a review of evidence in partnership with the Royal College of Paediatricians has found.

Major studies into the impact of Covid-19 on young children show it is likely that they "do not play a significant role" in spreading the virus and are significantly less likely to become infected than adults.

While experts have said more evidence is needed, they note that there has not been a single case of a child under 10 transmitting the virus even in contact tracing carried out by the World Health Organisation (WHO).

2 things here. 

1. How the fuck do they know? They can't possibly know. If I got affected are they going to be able to pinpoint exactly who gave it me an when? No. 

2. Its a load of fucking bollocks and the start of a tory lie spin to get kids back to school which if that happens in the next 2 months, the second wave will fucking cripple this country until christmas. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

2 things here. 

1. How the fuck do they know? They can't possibly know. If I got affected are they going to be able to pinpoint exactly who gave it me an when? No. 

2. Its a load of fucking bollocks and the start of a tory lie spin to get kids back to school which if that happens in the next 2 months, the second wave will fucking cripple this country until christmas. 

Surely if a kid has the infection, sneezes and puts the virus on a surface it will still be infectious? Unless the virus knows it came from a kid and decides to give up.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

2 things here. 

Just imagine Christmas being cancelled though.

I just did a little sex wee. 

The children issue is just more arbitrary craziness. Swedish kids do not pass it on, but Spanish kids apparently do. Switzerland said the other day children are not passing it on and don't need to be isolated from grandparents,  Germany replied that there is no proof. French kids are going back to school but will have to wear masks. Danish kids are already back at school, but don't have to wear masks. And so on.

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

2 things here. 

They surely can’t have the kids off until September now. There’s some kids getting no education at all because the parents can’t be arsed. 

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

They surely can’t have the kids off until September now. There’s some kids getting no education at all because the parents can’t be arsed. 

Its not ideal mate but why waste 2 months of lockdown by rushing back and ending up back at square one or even worse? 

As an aside, not only is it unacceptable that the UK has the second worst death rate in Europe but we live on a fucking island with no borders !!!! Germany has a border with 9 countries and is miles better off than us. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Its not ideal mate but why waste 2 months of lockdown by rushing back and ending up back at square one or even worse?

I'm struggling to see why kids can't resume going to school in the same conditions as adults are in this crisis. Social distancing rules can be applied in various ways (alternating class days, use of additional rooms/gyms etc).

The idea that kids will create a second wave is utter bollocks when I see about 10-15 gangs of the fuckheads cycling about together, gathering outside shops or in the park.

The chaos this has already created for families with regards to mental health is horrible, I'm dreading the shitstorm that is coming in the next few weeks/months when GP's reopen.

8 minutes ago, foam said:

I'm struggling to see why kids can't resume going to school in the same conditions as adults are in this crisis. Social distancing rules can be applied in various ways (alternating class days, use of additional rooms/gyms etc).

The idea that kids will create a second wave is utter bollocks when I see about 10-15 gangs of the fuckheads cycling about together, gathering outside shops or in the park.

The chaos this has already created for families with regards to mental health is horrible, I'm dreading the shitstorm that is coming in the next few weeks/months when GP's reopen.

If you believe that then you are a fucking moron. 

Its horrible this lockdown. But the vast majority are abiding by the rules. A few dickheads flouting it won't cause a second wave. Relaxing the lockdown rules and everyone swarming back into life will absolutely cause a second wave right now. its far too early for it. There is zero hard evidence that kids can't spread the virus. Its impossible to know. Its bullshit. Kids can't abide by certain rules because they are kids. 4-10 year olds... yeah don't go too close to your friends in the playground. Yeah ok good luck with that. Kids and teachers then go home to familiar then back in the next day. 

Christ alive. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Calls to the NSPCC are up since lock down.

Luckily, my daughter can’t use a Phone to make calls.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, foam said:

Yeah, this is one of the first things that needs to happen. For the kids more than anything else. There’s hundreds of thousands of kids out there getting nothing at all by way of education or structure. The majority of people are trying their best but plenty aren’t bothering at all. And it’s disproportionately people below the poverty line. Kids who have behavioural problems anyway are either sat in front of an Xbox all day or as you say, out in parks and on the street not giving a fuck.

These kids are falling further and further behind through no fault of their own. My sister’s fella has a son from a previous relationship and he falls firmly into this category. He’s a little bastard and I can’t stand him but I just feel sad when I think about his mum letting him run wild like it’s the summer holidays. The estate they live on is full of kids like that and that’s just one place and one example. 

I’ve seen/read suggestions of splitting the schooldays into two. Half the kids in school in the morning, half in the afternoon, still adhering to social distancing. What do the teachers on here think of that? I know a lot of teachers are still going into school anyway to look after small groups of children.

There’s not much point in the year 6 and year 11 kids going back now because their exams have been cancelled so that removes a fair chunk and I’m sure that there’ll be some who won’t feel ready to send them back or think that they might as well stay at home until September. 

I haven’t even started talking about the economic benefits of more people being able to go back to work. I don’t know, I’m rambling. Interested to hear what any of our teachers here think about it. 

@Paul @Paulie Dangerously I’m forgetting one or two others I think. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If you believe that then you are a fucking moron. 

Its horrible this lockdown. But the vast majority are abiding by the rules. A few dickheads flouting it won't cause a second wave. Relaxing the lockdown rules and everyone swarming back into life will absolutely cause a second wave right now. its far too early for it. There is zero hard evidence that kids can't spread the virus. Its impossible to know. Its bullshit. Kids can't abide by certain rules because they are kids. 4-10 year olds... yeah don't go too close to your friends in the playground. Yeah ok good luck with that. Kids and teachers then go home to familiar then back in the next day. 

Christ alive. 

Forgot that it's the code to start with an insult, so here we go: you sir, are a grey pube that's a fucking disappointment to every other pube you come into contact with. You've over-curled and grown on the leg like a fucking idiot.

Back to the point, I haven't said anything with regards to "everyone swarming back into life". I have said that they could put into place similar conditions to those who are already going into work. For argument's sake, a class of year 10's holds what? 30 students? Break that into groups of 5-10 and you've got a small group that only attends for basic teaching (no fucking about in the playground). You can allocate days in which those kids can come in. That means they can social distance, learn/study for their exams and control any infection because if one student from the group gets the plague, the rest are told to self isolate.

There's got to be some way to do this otherwise we're fucked when businesses start to reopen, employers want their employees in and parents have fuck all options to put their kids.

Can't see the kids going back before September, even if they cured it tomorrow it'd be a monumental logistical feat when you consider things like how many council staff are tied up with combating the pandemic, organising loans for businesses and overseeing volunteers to protect shielded folks etc. It's not just schools it's everything around them, the whole machine. 

18 minutes ago, foam said:

Forgot that it's the code to start with an insult, so here we go: you sir, are a grey pube that's a fucking disappointment to every other pube you come into contact with. You've over-curled and grown on the leg like a fucking idiot.

Back to the point, I haven't said anything with regards to "everyone swarming back into life". I have said that they could put into place similar conditions to those who are already going into work. For argument's sake, a class of year 10's holds what? 30 students? Break that into groups of 5-10 and you've got a small group that only attends for basic teaching (no fucking about in the playground). You can allocate days in which those kids can come in. That means they can social distance, learn/study for their exams and control any infection because if one student from the group gets the plague, the rest are told to self isolate.

There's got to be some way to do this otherwise we're fucked when businesses start to reopen, employers want their employees in and parents have fuck all options to put their kids.

Outstanding that. Thanks. 

Yes of course there has to be a way to do this and it will happen. Eventually. Anyone who thinks we should start to ease back and allow kids to go to school in the next month really isn't grasping the severity of the pandemic. I hope to god I am proved wrong but in 6 months time when we are all stuck in like fucking badgers because we took the recovery for granted you might wake up and smell the covid. 

You fucking deckchair. 

8 hours ago, TK421 said:

Bozza is back in the game today.  Word on the street is that he's heroically leading the Daily Briefing and outlining his vision for "defeating the virus". I feel safer already.  

What are the fucking odds eh ? He times his return back to the podium to break the news we're past the peak. 

18 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

What are the fucking odds eh ? He times his return back to the podium to break the news we're past the peak. 

I posted this on Facebook on the 24th.

"Forget all the charts and mathematical models on the news, if you really want to know when the coronavirus crisis is predicted to end in the UK, keep an eye out for a story saying when Boris Johnson is due back at work. It will be approximately one day after that."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Elite said:

I got a phonecall before from a NHS number asking if for me to donate plasma for the treatment of Covid patients, I checked it was legit and it is so i'm happy to do it.

I was due to donate whole blood tomorrow but they've cancelled on me, I'm presuming it's so they can take more plasma donations. Gutted like, but at least there might be a good reason for it!