Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 5 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

37 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Spell it out for me please. 

About 8 times more deadly than the 'normal' flu, and a bit more contagious, but largely nothing in comparison to SARS, and just be glad it's not Ebola or Bird Flu.

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

Although it could mutate and become deadlier. The Spanish flu was far deadlier in it's second wave than the first.

Fuck me. I wonder what @TheDrowningMan man has to say about all this 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Coaches full of potential carriers heading to Merseyside today. Nice to see they've got the drivers best interests a heart.

0_TM200131Brize23.jpg 

Haha fucking hell. He looks delighted and all. 

3 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Coaches full of potential carriers heading to Merseyside today. Nice to see they've got the drivers best interests a heart.

0_TM200131Brize23.jpg 

The drivers apparently all volunteered for it and now get a 10 day paid holiday.

As always, this virus is being made out to be something it isn’t. Most cases are fairly mild and it has something like a 2.5% kill rate - usually people with pre-existing problems.

Just now, Anubis said:

The drivers apparently all volunteered for it and now get a 10 day paid holiday.

As always, this virus is being made out to be something it isn’t. Most cases are fairly mild and it has something like a 2.5% kill rate - usually people with pre-existing problems.

10 days paid holiday is a bit of a shit incentive. Mugs.

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Yeah I read about that.

Odd to say the least that the driver looks like he's about to take a load of school kids out for the day while the person next to him looks like he's about to enter a nuclear zone.   

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Yeah I read about that.

Odd to say the least that the driver looks like he's about to take a load of school kids out for the day while the person next to him looks like he's about to enter a nuclear zone.   

Probably a piece of piss compared to Stag do's.

13 hours ago, Anubis said:

As always, this virus is being made out to be something it isn’t.

Its being treated with the respect it deserves. 2.5% of the British population would be over 1.5 million people and the more it spreads, the greater the chance it mutates into something worse.

There is also the impact it would have on the NHS. It would be overwhelmed.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, M_B said:

Its being treated with the respect it deserves. 2.5% of the British population would be over 1.5 million people and the more it spreads, the greater the chance it mutates into something worse.

Can you overwhelm something that's already overwhelmed? At this rate they might have to switch from hob nobs to Tesco's own digestives in the NHS management suites. 

11 hours ago, M_B said:

No, the danger is being made out by the media to be something it isn’t. Quoting 2.5% of the British population is meaningless as it will never infect the whole population. And I’m not the only one saying it. Medical experts on the radio on Friday made the same point, and said the NHS has well prepared procedures to deal with it. But scare stories make good copy.