You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Another beaut from him.

Some of his comments are absolutely brilliant.

I cant watch any report of Andy Burnham without remembering Boyle's description of him as ' Looking like a serial killer had carved Fireman Sam's face off with a Stanley knife and attached it over his own with sellotape '

• Upvote 2

The hypocrisy and lies of Dr Jenny Harries.

https://www.thecanary.co/trending/2020/03/30/as-people-heap-praise-on-dr-jenny-harries-were-reminded-of-her-neck-breaking-u-turn/

Earlier this month, Dr Harries said cancelling outdoor events wasn’t necessarily supported by science. This included gatherings such as the Cheltenham Festival horse racing event that took place between 10 and 13 March. Over 250,000 people attended:

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I don't know much about her , but the quote she made tonight about only being able to make a decision on how well they had done in 12 or 20 months sounded distinctly like kicking a can down the road.

Or it’s complete sense.  How can you know how well youve done until it’s likely finished? 

• Downvote 1

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/19/impossible-for-uk-to-meet-covid-19-testing-targets-say-scientists

The government’s target of carrying out 100,000 Covid-19 tests each day by the end of the month has come under criticism from senior scientists, who say it will be impossible to reach.

Experts told the Guardian that a “macho” focus on headline-grabbing figures had been pursued at the expense of rigorous science....

....Paul Hunter, a professor of medicine at the University of East Anglia, said he viewed the target as impossible. “I cannot see that being achieved,” he said. “It was always designed to be a headline grabber rather than anything else.”

3 hours ago, TK421 said:

Sorry to hear that AngryofTuebrook. 

So Walmart has made face masks compulsory in all its US stores.  Walmart owns ASDA, who are refusing to supply their staff with face masks in case it scares off customers. Riddle me that. 

I was in my local Asda on Wednesday and since the week before, they've put up a clear perspex barrier between the till operator and the customer. I would assume it's a nationwide thing. They also have their TOs using hand gel between each transaction. 

6 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I was in my local Asda on Wednesday and since the week before, they've put up a clear perspex barrier between the till operator and the customer. I would assume it's a nationwide thing. They also have their TOs using hand gel between each transaction. 

I think that's standard practice for all supermarkets.  You have to wonder about the logic of having a plastic screen but no masks for their employees. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

I think that's standard practice for all supermarkets.  You have to wonder about the logic of having a plastic screen but no masks for their employees. 

I can see the logic in a checkout operator having a screen in-front of them. 

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Maybe they can't get masks and if they could, maybe they think the NHS and other frontline workers need them more ?

39 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Very convenient though , Rico. We can all see questionable decisions that have been made , and I cant imagine it will take to 2022 to see that errors have been made.

But why? All the coverage is talking about 2nd spikes, 3rd spikes and when a vaccine is going to be available. How can you call it now?  

It’s entirely possible the uk has taken every wrong decision possible.  That everyone involved should be discredited and never work again.  But it’s just too early to say.