You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Yes.

8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yes, he had a stroke a few years ago, seem to remember he had a panic attack live on air as well.

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Yes. 

Thanks for letting me know. 

The Times article largely skipped over. Highlights are there are a lot of words, it’s a long read and things are always easier in hindsight. 

7 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

From The Guardian :

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/18/how-did-britain-get-its-response-to-coronavirus-so-wrong

I'm sure it'd be fair and balanced if that happened.

Re Johnson leading any enquiry

Brought to mind Stevie G's recent quote about the Scottish FA starting an enquiry into their own actions  , ' We would all be top of the class if we marked our own homework '

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TK421 said:

Incompetence or deliberate?  

Made my mind up a while ago it was incompetence. Anything that has happened since then has confirmed my stance. Man/party elected on a one slogan platform. Have to laugh at people here saying we are better off than having Trump, it is the exact same playbook except the Torys keep us in the dark with denials and bluster , Trump just blurts out what he is thinking. Kinda ironic that the people who are most in danger of Covid were his core supporters . Virus , pandemic, targets older generation no thanks will skip that in order to attend a meeting where the UK will pull out of a pan European PPE sourcing strategy. Don’t want to upset my Brexit loving supporters by having anything to do with the EU. Yeah bodes well for the future trade agreements. 

12 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

“Singapore realised, as soon as Wuhan reported it, that cases were going to turn up in Singapore. And so they prepared for that. I looked at the UK and I can see a different strategy and approach.

“The interesting thing for me is, I’ve worked with Singapore in 2003 and 2009 and basically they copied the UK pandemic preparedness plan. But the difference is they actually implemented it.”

This! 

I think it is a bit of both. They definitely favoured herd immunity, but were arrogant and incompetent in terms of preparations and planning.

What pisses me off the most is the immediate instinct to lie and arse cover irrespective of the further damage it is doing. They deny saying or contradict things that they are on record saying. All with no push back obviously.

The media are also compliant is this, the complete lack of scrutiny is worrying for a so called free press. 

Well obviously Russia is lying.

Well obviously China is lying.

How is Boris doing today ? 

• Like 1

I haven't watched Marr yet. Still watching Ridge.

Took her time to reference The Times article. Given the nature of it, should have been the first question out of the block.

That said, she did try to press Gove on a number of things.

Was never going to be a 'full on' interview as she's a very weak interviewer and obviously a Tory.

On the subject of female Tory'ers broadcasters, radio silence from our beloved Laura.

3 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Fucked up times when I'm agreeing with the rat.

Perfectly put.

Boyle said something similar when it was disclosed how much the government would spend on Thatcher's state funeral. He stated that the money could be better spent handing everybody in Scotland a shovel so they could deliver her to Satan personally.

• Upvote 1

Cunts like the Times don't do public service, suspect johnson is being briefed against and Rupert has picked the heir apparent. 

They've been briefing against each other something wicked lately. Jeremy Hunt seems to have rebranded himself as Nye Bevan, sticking the boot in loads but then when he'd built up a head of steam it was 'leaked' that he'd previously presided over pandemic planning meetings where he'd poo pood the need for urgent preparations due to them being costly, which briefly put him back in his box.

These cunts remind me of that story the villain tells Bond in Skyfall, that if you put loads of rats together in a barrel they eat each other.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The number of people I see (in real life and the internet life) who think the government are going to click their fingers and everything will go back to normal. We'll all be cramming into the pub, going to concerts, going the match. 

Err.... nope, afraid not. 

Yup. Unlikely to be for at least a year, possibly even longer than that.

Michael Gove has declined to deny that Boris Johnson missed five consecutive emergency meetings in the build-up to the coronavirus crisis, or that the UK shipped protective equipment to China in February, as the government faced intense pressure over its response to the pandemic.

Pressed on a series of allegations about delays and failings as the virus started to spread from China, detailed in the Sunday Times, Gove said that some elements of the story were “slightly off-beam”, but repeatedly declined to say which.

Former Times journalist, Michael Gove....

tenor.gif?itemid=14257553