You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

I think our lock down is being planned for during the Easter Holidays.

Given current volumes of people with the virus, unless there is a major outbreak, it’s kind of manageable at the moment. 

Give it 3/4 weeks, numbers will be up for the Government to act on. The disruption of a lock down then, with schools off, people off work, people away on holiday etc etc is significantly less than it would be now. 

20 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I feel a bit more optimistic now that we might be able to manage this. It looks like governments that aren't taking it seriously will soon run into a situation where their health services start collapsing under the stress, which then brings on the more authoritarian but effective measures because they have no other option.

It's hard to get my head around the idea that I'm fine with governments doing stuff like this but when looking at the lives that can be saved there's not really any other way that's as effective (or that people will actually carry out properly) I don't think.

If it happens it could be that :

- Idiots like Trump and Johnson bluff until health services are badly overrun then they'll follow similar patterns to China and Italy.

- Other countries will eventually do the same and if they don't they'll be ostracised until they do.

- By late April/May or so things could start returning to normal in most countries badly affected now.

Tell it to those who fucking die whilst waiting for the authoritarian oversight.

also can you have an idea of how shit will go down if you have a shortage of services, and people from immigrant communities are up for treatment against yer “ethnic white English” that’s a fucking tinder pot waiting to go off.

11 minutes ago, Michael Winstanley said:

Tell it to those who fucking die whilst waiting for the authoritarian oversight.

I'm just like most of us here, wondering what the fuck the government is actually going to do. I'd rather be optimistic though than think we're beyond the chance of dealing with it, and that's only after seeing Italy go into lockdown. It looks like Johnson, Trump and others are that fucking stupid that it's going to take our health systems almost collapsing before they start waking up, and all of the deaths that brings as well. Once that does happen which I'm guessing it's about to, maybe they'll start taking this seriously.

38 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I think our lock down is being planned for during the Easter Holidays.

Given current volumes of people with the virus, unless there is a major outbreak, it’s kind of manageable at the moment. 

Give it 3/4 weeks, numbers will be up for the Government to act on. The disruption of a lock down then, with schools off, people off work, people away on holiday etc etc is significantly less than it would be now. 

Yep. Huge number of nurses and doctors have school age kids so what would happen if they closed schools? Who would look after the kids? 

15 hours ago, KMD7 said:

47 here with kidney disease. Was nice knowing you fuckers.

Ha, I’m not sure if it’s better being this side or that side of kidney disease, I have quite a low white blood cell count over last few weeks so if I get it, it could be curtains.

was in the hozzy this morning getting swabbed, fuckloads of blood, and back again Friday for another series of tests over 4 hours.

Me and the missus at the hozzy this morning - All because I caught a bog standard cold off her:

8FFBF4C6-C00B-4C3B-9FF5-1F48D38E23CB.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Michael Winstanley said:

Ha, I’m not sure if it’s better being this side or that side of kidney disease, I have quite a low white blood cell count over last few weeks so if I get it, it could be curtains.

was in the hozzy this morning getting swabbed, fuckloads of blood, and back again Friday for another series of tests over 4 hours.

Me and the missus at the hozzy this morning - All because I caught a bog standard cold off her:

I didn't realise it was actually true about people in Australia being upside down.

• Upvote 12

1 minute ago, Michael Winstanley said:

My kidney function is 12 but all my other bloodwork is within normal range so I'm guessing if i catch it before my op i should get through it.  Bit worried about catching it after the op though.  How's the new kidney working for you Cev?

Even though I hope we eventually start dealing with this properly this is insane. It means we're not testing properly at all and could be heading towards a massive outbreak, it might already be happening but nobody is checking :

How about this is an affected area? We could have thousands of cases at this point for all we know, but nobody is testing properly.

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Even though I hope we eventually start dealing with this properly this is insane. It means we're not testing properly at all and could be heading towards a massive outbreak, it might already be happening but nobody is checking :

How about this is an affected area? We could have thousands of cases at this point for all we know, but nobody is testing properly.

Yeah I noticed that yesterday, there's a slight flaw in their thinking or alternately it's a neat way to keep the figures down? Telling people with a fever and cough to go into work is just lunacy.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

My kidney function is 12 but all my other bloodwork is within normal range so I'm guessing if i catch it before my op i should get through it.  Bit worried about catching it after the op though.  How's the new kidney working for you Cev?

Kidney is good mate, just drug balance which is the big pain in the arse, as it’s a bit of a blend science and suck it and see.

1 minute ago, clangers said:

Yeah I noticed that yesterday, there's a slight flaw in their thinking or alternately it's a neat way to keep the figures down? Telling people with a fever and cough to go into work is just lunacy.

Yeah it means there's zero real effort to track and stop it spreading, so there could be a huge outbreak and then what? Still not testing? I wonder if this is how Italy and other places got so bad. Maybe it costs too much money for the Tory psychopaths to be happy with if these figures are right :