You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

17 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I'm privy to a briefing being given by the Department of Health. Basically if you are under 45 you're not really at risk and the younger you are the safer you are, even if you have underlying conditions. The virus is killed by sunlight and fresh air (so move into a tent). In a couple of weeks all non-essential everything is going to be cancelled. We're going the way of Italy.

Apparently the reason that they haven't taken this action yet is because people would get bored of obeying and that would lead to a double peak, which is the worst possible outcome.

If you are over 45 and have any underlying health conditions, don't get near anybody, wash you hands all the time, don't touch your face and isolate yourself as much as possible. 

I'm not scaremongering here. A couple of businesses which I am involved with stand to lose a lot of revenue, but this is more serious than most people realise and it's important to protect yourself and your loved ones.

I'm 47. #YNWA #RIP

• Upvote 3

Hypertension is the only thing that worries me a little as I have high blood pressure. Though I’m only 38 so years younger than old fogeys like JohnnyH. 

Thing is when you look at high blood pressure the mortality rate for people with it is 6% but it doesn’t tell you how old they are. I’d imagine the vast majority of people who have it and subsequently die are still over 60 years old. 

Or it could be that they have high blood pressure but are undiagnosed and have not been on medication for it. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

24% of patients needing hospitalisation is crazy. No way we can cope with that in the UK. 

Undertakers and florists will be happy. 

Someone already touched on the daft plans by the Gov't to bring NHS staff out of retirement to help. I'm pretty sure they can't force them, so who in their right mind would volunteer to help out when the majority will be bang in the most dangerous age groups for trying to survive the virus should they get it. Especially when they know themselves that the risk of picking up a virus is pretty high in hospitals. You can also add the fact the Gov't have treated the majority of them like shit  during their working lives. 

Just been the doctors for a non-related issue and asked the doctor what impact its had on them. They have hardly had any guidance apparently but luckily people are ringing ahead and discussing things rather than just flooding the place. 

Matt Hancock is a cunt and I blame him for coronavirus. 

35 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Some positive news. Hopefully this is a sign of the virus mutating to become weaker?

Be great if that was the case, if it was somehow burning itself out, but I think it’s likely to be down to the aggressive containment measures they’ve put in. 

They've got drive-by testing there. Pull up in your car, wind the window down and they test you and get the results back to you in less than half the time it’s currently taking us in the UK. 

Early diagnosis and isolation seems to be the key which is why America is fucked. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Just been the doctors for a non-related issue and asked the doctor what impact its had on them. They have hardly had any guidance apparently but luckily people are ringing ahead and discussing things rather than just flooding the place. 

Matt Hancock is a cunt and I blame him for coronavirus. 

He's a tosser. Just banging on about digital doctoring. Anyone who fancies time off work will just call up and say they feel like shite, have two weeks quarantine, thank you. 

4 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

How is this lockdown in Italy going to work?

How restrictive is it? Can you go to the grocery store? Are the grocery stores being restocked?

Are the utility workers still out there ensuring the water runs and the electricity flows?

Judging by the news earlier, they’re all still sipping coffee in pavement cafes.