You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

Rob doesn't know me away from the forum.  I met him once in real life and spoke to him on the phone a few times, but we haven't spoken for years.  We're not mates anymore. 

If you'd heard some of things he told me on the phone (I'm not disclosing what they are, I respect his privacy) you would have done the same thing as me.

For the record, theres nothing anybody could tell me that would make me scared enough to stop using an internet football forum. So don't tell me what I would have done.

Maybe you're just a big wet flouncey fanny.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Very depressing that John Prine has died of covid related difficulties , however if anyone hasn't seen this youtube video with Iris Dement it's guaranteed to bring a smile to the face .

If only for a minute or two 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Someone I know died this week, death was pneumonia.

Said weeks ago that trying to look at stats to figure "plateau" or "death rate" is a huge waste of time. They aren't even testing the very ill at this point.

End of, the only number that will matter will be total deaths - of all kinds - as that will figure in virus deaths, undiagnosed deaths, as well as give an idea as to other deaths caused by the undue strain in health systems.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I was sent an audio file of a nurse explaining the supposed peak starting Thursday. If real it's scary shit, minimum 900 deaths a day, a third of which is expected to be babies and teenagers with no underlying health problems. People who have isolated and shown no symptoms if they have it should get nasty around Thursday. No help from hospitals at that point just stay at home manage it and die at home. Ice rinks used as morgues. No going out at all without paperwork. Exercise indoors only. Wash hands every 20 minutes. Fair to say it made me anxious.

It's fake-

The South East Coast ambulance service has this morning issued  that is being widely circulated on WhatsApp and causing distress.

The service said: “The alarmist information being shared in the message is not correct. We would urge people to disregard the message and not share it further.”

While it isn’t possible to precisely forecast who may be affected by Covid-19, so far no country in the world has seen mortality rates from the coronavirus that have led to a third of the victims being young people.

The service’s statement goes on to say: “In line with our ongoing plans during this challenging time, we are continuing to follow national guidelines regarding the ambulance response and thank the public for their ongoing support in following the government’s advice.”

20 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That’s just England I think. Awful. 

Edit: Told you I was watching you, Mcbumsniffer. 

Yep 931 including Scotland and Wales, NI hasn't reported yet. That's reported rather than actual deaths given they report over different time frames. Awful however we look at it.

10 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

For the record, theres nothing anybody could tell me that would make me scared enough to stop using an internet football forum. So don't tell me what I would have done.

Maybe you're just a big wet flouncey fanny.

Ok, you wouldn't have done the same thing.

Now fuck off and leave me alone, cunt face.

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It's fake-

Yes I just got that, I was going to go out for a few things but thought otherwise, hopefully it is fake, I asked the mate where got the audio message from, a woman, who's not daft or anything, a nurse or something, she got it from someone else. Fuck sake I don't know. 

16 minutes ago, clangers said:

Yep 931 including Scotland and Wales, NI hasn't reported yet. That's reported rather than actual deaths given they report over different time frames. Awful however we look at it.

Very grim reading that.Spain/Italy never went over 1000 official daily deaths.Apparently there is another change in the way the deaths are reported so tomorrow’s figure will look lower but I’m not looking forward to seeing the figures after that.Yet all we hear on the news is about Boris Johnson.Anyone else feeling ‘embarrassed’ yet?

2 minutes ago, Johnny Utah said:

Very grim reading that.Spain/Italy never went over 1000 official daily deaths.Apparently there is another change in the way the deaths are reported so tomorrow’s figure will look lower but I’m not looking forward to seeing the figures after that.Yet all we hear on the news is about Boris Johnson.Anyone else feeling ‘embarrassed’ yet?

Worry not. "Green shoots" will be rolled out again at 5pm 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Johnny Utah said:

Number of deaths rising, Boris in ICU (Emphasis on the Intensive part) yet feeling chipper (Strong and Stable) and Tory mates confident of a full recovery, surely the two can't be connected. Operation Sinner to Saint will be a success, unfortunately. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

What a cunt. 

I thought Taylor would be to busy trying to tempt Scottish teenagers into his caravan to give them his very own clap! 

1 minute ago, Barry McBumsniffer said:

BBC reporting that the Army are to build another 5, possibly up to 17, emergency hospitals.

Who on Earth is going to be able to be spared from existing NHS resources?

They did promise 40 so they are delivering. Go Boris! Get Brexit Done!