You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

17 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I'd like him to survive, just because if he doesn't, everybody is going to think they are going to die & that won't be a nice environment for anyone.

I listened to a quick podcast on London Reel today. I heard they had that demented twat David Icke on, but didn't find that one. Instead there was some cunt absolutely thriving on this situation and telling people it was their own fault for eating too much sugar and having the wrong attitude towards money. Absolute weirdo!

Crypto has gone up overnight though mate. It’s not all bad news. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Special K said:

He's possibly on one but the powers that be don't want to say it

Why would he be in intensive care if he not on one. Again more spin from the soundbite party. They know they are going to get shite about 1. NHS funding 2.Lack of ventilators 3.testing kits. Boris has now availed of all these things something his party either caused or was responsible for. Ok hope he lives but I wouldn't put it past that DC to encourage Boris's Drs to advise he goes to ICU unit for the sympathy it will induce.  

• Upvote 1

"...one of the theories is, that perhaps you could take it on the chin, take it all in one go and allow the disease, as it were, to move through the population, without taking as many draconian measures. I think we need to strike a balance..."

Could end up being one of the most famous quotes of all time. Crazy. 

• Upvote 1

Scientists at UPMC and the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine have announced a potential vaccine against SARS-CoV-2, the new coronavirus causing the COVID-19 pandemic.

When tested in mice, the vaccine produces antibodies specific to SARS-CoV-2 at quantities thought to be enough to neutralize the virus.

The vaccine is delivered through a fingertip-sized skin patch. The research team calls this vaccine PittCoVacc, short for Pittsburgh Coronavirus Vaccine.

A paper on the vaccine appeared April 2 in EBioMedicine, which is published by The Lancet. It is the first study on a potential COVID-19 vaccine to be published after a critique from fellow scientists at outside institutions.

UPMC and University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine researchers were able to act quickly because they laid the groundwork during earlier coronavirus epidemics.

Scientists also use a new approach to deliver the drug, called a microneedle array, to increase potency. This array is a fingertip-sized patch of 400 tiny needles that deliver spike protein pieces into the skin, where the immune reaction is the strongest.

The patch goes on like a Band-Aid, and the needles, which are made entirely of sugar and protein pieces, simply dissolve into the skin.

So whether or not PittCoVacc is the "silver bullet" here, it's existence shows that the energies and innovation of our research companies is yielding good options -- a process that should only accelerate from here.

And now that we have more data, it really does appear that the hydroxycholorquine/azithromycin cocktail combo reduces the severity and duration of covid-19 infection -- provided it's delivered early on enough. These encouraging developments, plus an exploding set of citizen-entreprenuers creating their own DIY solutions (especially with masks) give us the first real sense that we are beginning to make real progress against the coronavirus.

We'll need to hold tight to that good news, as the next few weeks will be quite traumatizing with the expected huge increases in # of infected and deaths. But will well get through this. And it's heartening to see promising developments like PittCoVac and hydroxycholoquine begin to put points on the board for our side.

I just can't take anything from America serious anymore.  I was reading the above and waiting for the final paragraph to state that they've discovered it's another Trump pal and the "vaccine" is of no help.  That country has fucked itself so badly.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I'd like him to survive, just because if he doesn't, everybody is going to think they are going to die & that won't be a nice environment for anyone.

More people adhere to the lockdown, more lives are saved, we’re through this horrible period faster and we get to win the title quicker...

FB2EF2A5-1E87-4122-96F1-8329E30EB94F.gif

Might even get a Bank Holiday out of it. 

6 minutes ago, Butch said:

He's still a cunt in my book. Nice if murdock joined him. 

13eef76.thumb.png.16cd761ddd888619b5770229f8c01cdc.png

If the line ‘It’s been revealed Boris Johnson’s final meeting before self-isolation was with Rupert Murdoch’ were released by Kuenssberg, I’d laugh myself to death like one of the weasels in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

He's not even on a ventilator, so why is he in ICU?

Well they might be lying.

But without knowing anything about medical procedures, can you be in the ICU and not need a ventilator?

6 hours ago, DJLJ said:

Define ‘under control’. 
Unless we know exactly what this Corona Virus is and how to treat it etc. then we don’t know how to control it. 

Under control would mean you have a small linear growth in total numbers, managed to prevent or stop the breach of the hospitals and care home system by the virus and keep a close eye on potential hotspots, with sufficient capacities to treat many more people in serious condition than you currently have. Vast majority of population already used to and implementing distancing measures  

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

If the line ‘It’s been revealed Boris Johnson’s final meeting before self-isolation was with Rupert Murdoch’ were released by Kuenssberg, I’d laugh myself to death like one of the weasels in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Repped for the film analogy.