Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 375 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

22 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Thanks for the sentiments. She's had a bad cough for around 6 days but apparently no breathing problems yet. I think tomorrow will be an important day. 

Good luck to all of you. 

Anybody can die from it, that much is obvious. It's a lottery. A guy I know from work told me he knew a bloke who was in ICU with it - he told me this exactly two weeks ago today. Today, he told me the bloke died on Friday. So he was in hospital at least 11 days in ICU before he died. 

6 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Boris will be getting the VERY best treatment available. If he doesn't make it then I fear for a lot of us.

The "best" treatment probably makes only a very marginal difference at this point. 

Good luck with your mum, Jordy. Will be thinking of her.

Appreciate people have views on Johnson and his politics, but wishing death on anyone, and I mean anyone, is beyond my mindset. Taking pleasure in the situation says more about you in a bad light than it does about how protective and caring of people you are in my mind. Sickening.

I sincerely hope he pulls through. Got a little one on the way as well.

Wish everyone could beat this cunt fucking virus.

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I'm fairly neutral on "Boris". I won't be massively upset if he dies but, unlike with Thatcher, I won't be going the pub to celebrate. 

I wouldn't celebrate anyone's death no matter what, its a bit medieval if not primitive. 

• Upvote 1

As someone who is also struggling with this bastard I wish him well. It's fucking horrible and the feeling of dread this disease causes just worsens things. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

My mother's got it. I'm really scared. 

Hope she recovers soon. 

I agree with others, I cannot wish Boris or anyone else dead from this virus. I hope he makes a full recovery along with all of those affected. I hope we find some form of treatment that will lessen the serious effects. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, belarus said:

Good luck with your mum, Jordy. Will be thinking of her.

Appreciate people have views on Johnson and his politics, but wishing death on anyone, and I mean anyone, is beyond my mindset. Taking pleasure in the situation says more about you in a bad light than it does about how protective and caring of people you are in my mind. Sickening.

I sincerely hope he pulls through. Got a little one on the way as well.

Wish everyone could beat this cunt fucking virus.

When Boris spoke about herd immunity, that was kind of wishing death on people.  A lot of death.  It was only the other day that Prof Medley of Imperial College spoke about "letting people catch the virus in the least deadly way", or words to that effect.  

I believe that BJ's poor response to this virus will cause a lot of deaths which would have been preventable had he treated this pandemic with the respect it deserves.   This was a massive opportunity for him to go down as a truly great Prime Minister.  He could have done any number of things; halting inbound infections (flights), aggressive testing, contact tracing.   Instead, he was quite happy to move from containment straight to mitigation - a move met with incredulity from the scientific community around the world.  

The Tory party has fucked the NHS for over a decade.  They have placed all of us in jeapordy.  I don't want him to die but that's as far as my sympathy extends. 

• Upvote 10

56 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Thanks for the sentiments. She's had a bad cough for around 6 days but apparently no breathing problems yet. I think tomorrow will be an important day. 

Fingers crossed she gets through it ok.

29 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Boris will be getting the VERY best treatment available. If he doesn't make it then I fear for a lot of us.

You could have Lewis Hamilton's team of mechanics look at your clapped out  Ford Mondeo but their expertise, know how and tools will only do so much if the engine is fucked.

53 minutes ago, davelfc said:

That's not proof, although as I said I can believe it based on the reaction of the government to this virus at times. Clearly 'herd immunity' is what they aimed for and that hasn't changed. 

I've even posted several times the parliamentary report on the cost of the old on the country, and called the virus a 'tory wet dream' 

Well we'll have to wait for 30 years for the cabinet documents to be released. In the meantime I'll go with quotes in articles by credible journalists that remain undisputed.