You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Meanwhile, Terry Christian has been busy upsetting Tory Twitter.

I decided right from the off that I wasn't making a list. I wish no ill to anyone, I just want us all to get through this. But it's getting increasingly difficult. 

We edge closer and closer to me being able to wear my S10 service respirator in public without many people batting an eyelid. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, davelfc said:

I decided right from the off that I wasn't making a list. I wish no ill to anyone, I just want us all to get through this. But it's getting increasingly difficult. 

We edge closer and closer to me being able to wear my S10 service respirator in public without many people batting an eyelid. 

I was in court yesterday - only custody cases being dealt with at moment with everything else adjourned off until June. Had to go and see my client who was in custody overnight from the police station, and none of the cell staff had been issued with respirators or the proper level of  protective masks. Apparently they don’t have enough to go around. The staff member I was chatting to had brought his service respirator in as he’d kept it when he left the army, but none of the cell staff or court security had been given protection other than gloves.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
34 minutes ago, davelfc said:

Ah, the old noddy mask. They replaced them a decade ago so I'm guessing there is a massive surplus of the old S10, probably being sold through vendors rather than being issued to those who could do with them. From personal experience the S10 was a bit hit and miss anyway, especially the filters. NBC training often ended in a bunch of Soldiers suffering from the affects of the CS spray used to test them in the chambers. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, suzy said:

On my work front - shambles! 
I was sent home from work for health condition (I have a heart stent) 2 weeks ago. Home working was promised. Last week I was on annual leave anyway so that was ok. Monday I get a call from my manager to say they’ve done a risk assessment and I can go back to work the next day! Bit of a shock but I go in on Tuesday , hardly anyone in, they’ve all got long term conditions! I can’t help wondering why I’m back! 
Social distancing was promised but the stupid cow who is 3 desks away from me keeps walking over to me - I point out she should be 2 meters away - she gets all grumpy but I don’t care as she’s annoying so her stopping talking to me is bliss!

I then find I’m locked out of my PC! I phone the IT desk, they normally do it in 5 minutes. I get someone who’s working from home and isn’t an IT guy! He says they’re very busy and emails someone to phone me. My shift is 5 hours and they never did get back to me. My job is impossible without the PC. I do very little and go home.

Two hours after I get home I get a call from my manager saying they’ve had a meeting and I’m to stay at home until I hear otherwise!!

So now I feel in limbo, don’t know if the home working is going to happen or not.

Hope they sort it all out, Suzy. Meanwhile, the best place for you is at home. I also have a stent, it's hard to work out if the dull pain in my left side is from the lung or the heart, although thankfully that has eased off since yesterday and I'm starting to feel a bit better now. Just waiting for the health department to do a second test, also don't want to call up as they probably have a shit load to do and patients in more need. Self isolating has been easy for myself due to the whole family being at home, although we're running out of flour and pasta! 

Figures for Bielefeld, population of circa 330.000

188 confirmed cases.

2317 in isolation

1 death, a 71 year old man with prior illnesses died last night. 

Unless they are suppressing the true figures then they seem to be doing something right over here. The only worrying thing is that figures are rising for confirmed cases within the whole region of Ost-Westfalen (our area)/Nordrhein-Westfalen (Our state) as far too many cunts are still not taking it as serious as they should. 

I don't get how the NHS which we all pay for was in debt to the government who we pay for. Indebted to ourselves and give ourselves an interest rate. How is it not blatant miss management, that's on Labour's shoulders too.

I don't like how the government is seen as some wealthy benefactor being charitable, it's our fucking money and these are desperate times.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I don't get how the NHS which we all pay for was in debt to the government who we pay for. Indebted to ourselves and give ourselves an interest rate. How is it not blatant miss management, that's on Labour's shoulders too.

I don't like how the government is seen as some wealthy benefactor being charitable, it's our fucking money and these are desperate times.

They hoodwink the public into thinking it is some free service and that everyone should be grateful, despite it being funded mainly by Taxes (about 80%), NI contributions (most of the remaining 20%) and to a smaller extent patient charges. The suits at the top just run it as a business for the Gov't, hence why they lick Gov't arse and lack empathy towards those who actually do the great work. 

38 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Hope they sort it all out, Suzy. Meanwhile, the best place for you is at home. I also have a stent, it's hard to work out if the dull pain in my left side is from the lung or the heart, although thankfully that has eased off since yesterday and I'm starting to feel a bit better now. Just waiting for the health department to do a second test, also don't want to call up as they probably have a shit load to do and patients in more need. Self isolating has been easy for myself due to the whole family being at home, although we're running out of flour and pasta! 

Thank you, I feel a bit of a fraud as I feel generally well, I was lucky and caught it early so the stent was put in before I had a heart attack. I haven’t had any pain for quite a while and my BP and cholesterol levels were really good at my last check up. But I am worried if I do catch it it could effect  me badly.

Keep continuing to improve, at least you have a decent health service over there.

• Upvote 1

I’m sure I saw a video on here that someone linked from a consultant which showed how to stop pain from coughing. Tying something like a towel around the chest and the like.

My friend wife has had a persistent cough for 10 weeks so if anyone remembers it and can share it would be appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Why hasn’t Hancock self-isolated for the 14 day period? 

Because anyone who has symptoms only has to isolate for 7 days providing their symptoms have gone. The 14 day lock down is for those who share the house as they could possibly have the virus and have the ability to be contagious, but be asymptomatic at that point. If you're in a house hold under 14 day isolation and you develop the symptoms on day 13, you need to isolate for 7 more days minimum and till the symptoms are gone, but the rest of the family can be released into the wild on day 14. 

"Peru has begun enforcing strict new measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus disease, restricting public movement by gender.

Men can only leave home on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; women can do so on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. On Sundays, no-one is allowed out."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-52149742

Peru and Panama not big on gender theories. How is this going to help?

it's interesting, we are now increasingly seeing countries where people are furious because their governments weren't restrictive enough, and countries where we have leaders suffering from a savior of the nation syndrome who couldn't wait to start imposing controls and restrictions and grandstanding in the media every day.

Is it me or is this bit below from Hancock a little sinister? It feels to me in order to get on with your life, you need to be given the all clear. But who's deciding who and in what order (and which region) get this all clear 1st? Then how long will this certificate need to be carried? It feels like a back door ID scheme to me and gives the government the opportunity to hamper parts of our community. 

"Hancock revealed that certificates to prove someone is immune to the virus could allow some of the population to go back to work, as he made a new pledge to complete 100,000 tests a day in England by the end of the month." 

4 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Is it me or is this bit below from Hancock a little sinister? It feels to me in order to get on with your life, you need to be given the all clear. But who's deciding who and in what order (and which region) get this all clear 1st? Then how long will this certificate need to be carried? It feels like a back door ID scheme to me and gives the government the opportunity to hamper parts of our community. 

"Hancock revealed that certificates to prove someone is immune to the virus could allow some of the population to go back to work, as he made a new pledge to complete 100,000 tests a day in England by the end of the month." 

A certificate that allows you return to normal will only encourage people to get the virus so they can shake it off and return to work. That is herd mentality on steroids. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-030-0780-28,_Krak

“These papers do not appear to be in order Mr...  ...Stringvest.”

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

A certificate that allows you return to normal will only encourage people to get the virus so they can shake it off and return to work. That is herd mentality on steroids. 

Yeah, fucking good point. There'll be people having Corona parties like these parents that do chicken pox parties. 

48 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Because anyone who has symptoms only has to isolate for 7 days providing their symptoms have gone. The 14 day lock down is for those who share the house as they could possibly have the virus and have the ability to be contagious, but be asymptomatic at that point. If you're in a house hold under 14 day isolation and you develop the symptoms on day 13, you need to isolate for 7 more days minimum and till the symptoms are gone, but the rest of the family can be released into the wild on day 14. 

That was also here the first 3 weeks but has now been changed to that any person that gets symptoms shall isolate himself for 14 days, no matter if the symptoms are gone.