You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

20 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

A director of a care managers group just been interviewed on Sky.

They are getting fleeced by businesses.

A normal 5 litre of hand sanitizer would normally cost them £12. Now being quoted £179?!?!?!?!

What the fuck is wrong with these cunt companies?

Luckily a local gin company has offered to make and provide at cost for £10.

I can do them a really good one at £40, which is standard RRP for that product. Tell them to hit me up.

£13.50 per 5l for buying in 1000 litres.

21 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Alot of people give M&S shit about its ads and being a bit full of snobby dickheads(not me the foods great) 

But fair play

Marks & Spencer has announced a 15 per cent pay rise for shop floor staff working on the frontline in its food stores, and confirmed that furloughed staff will receive full pay.

The retailer said that staff across its stores and supply chain who continue to work will receive their additional pay reward “in recognition of the work they are doing to support their teams and the national effort to help customers access the products they need” during the coronavirus pandemic.

Last week, M&S temporarily suspended its clothing and home store operations and closed outlet stores, while its food and online businesses remain open.

If M&S want to chuck one of their Beef & Onion Baguettes into their boxes, I'd well buy one. 

They're heavenly! 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Where did it come from then?

Full on conspiracy nerd = Fort Detrick, USA.

Conspiracy nerd/sheep hybrid = Chinese biolab near Wuhan.

Big fluffy, wooly headed sheep = Bats.

Truth = Psycho Seagulls :

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

A director of a care managers group just been interviewed on Sky.

They are getting fleeced by businesses.

A normal 5 litre of hand sanitizer would normally cost them £12. Now being quoted £179?!?!?!?!

What the fuck is wrong with these cunt companies?

Luckily a local gin company has offered to make and provide at cost for £10.

The problem isn't the companies. The companies are doing what some companies do within the existing economic system. It's cuntonomics.

What should happen is the government says "sell them for what they normally cost, or we're going to set fire to your headquarters". But sadly the government is full of fucking cunts. 

The very concept of bargaining and negotiations between companies and government in this situation as seen as in the UK and the US (and probably elsewhere) is a truly appalling reflection of society.

21 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Full on conspiracy nerd = Fort Detrick, USA.

Conspiracy nerd/sheep hybrid = Chinese biolab near Wuhan.

Big fluffy, wooly headed sheep = Bats.

it all makes sense now. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

The very concept of bargaining and negotiations between companies and government in this situation as seen as in the UK and the US (and probably elsewhere) is a truly appalling reflection of society.

Church                                                   State

From Guardian :

PHE has resisted the idea of a return to community testing – the practice of testing everyone who has symptoms so that live cases can be quarantined effectively.

PHE is instead prioritising the need for an antibody test, showing who has already had the disease and therefore will be immune to it. However, this test has not yet been approved for use and there is a time lag of days before patients who have had coronavirus start showing the antibodies that prove they have been infected.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/01/hancock-orders-all-spare-coronavirus-tests-used-nhs-staff

K4LBqeG.jpg

3 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

58 year old doctor who came out retirement to help out NHS has died of Covid-19.

Tragic.

Fuck. 

Bad news all round today. I thought things were getting better. 563 UK dead in the last 24 hours. Spain getting battered every day. 900,000 confirmed cases worldwide - getting to the one million mark soon.

Bad times. 

Phew! I was a bit concerned that the government didn't have a clue what they are doing, but I'm reassured now as they've said they will "ramp up" NHS TESTING soon. 

The sheer detail in their response regarding numbers and dates makes me think that they MUST be on top of things. 

And, they said we'll get through it together. 

FLATTEN. THE. SOMBRERO. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Will the UK be the first country to have more than 1,000 deaths in a single day when it happens in the next few days?

From everything I've seen and heard, this lockdown has been a complete sham since it was ordered last Monday.

Even today, I've seen photos of packed markets and public transport on Twitter.

People still flying into the country from USA, Spain, Italy and everywhere else with no checks.

In summary, we're fucked.

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

I was on about the masks you see being worn by most, homemade or some cheap shit off the internet, may as well just wear a scarf over your nose and mouth. Those masks with filters (the real deal) are like rocking horse shit as they are being given to health and other key workers and rightly so. Eventually it will become the norm for all if a cure is a long way off, something I said myself. If there's money to be made then you can rest assured that it will be approached from that angle rather than what is actually good for the better cause. 

1. You can’t point out the cheap masks don’t work. Because you’re telling people not to wear a mask even when you’re making the point they should wear an appropriate mask;

2. You can’t reference direct evidence of medical professionals - that’s hearsay and not the opinion of a medical professional (yeah, I’m still flummoxed by that as well)??!! And they clearly aren’t as well qualified in this matter as TK.

3. You can’t say that you think stocks of the appropriate level of protection should go to front line medical staff first - because you’re telling people not to wear masks - even though you’re not.

You can’t compete with this level of religious zeal. I had to put TK on ignore until this is over and I can go back to arguing over football.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1