You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

What about on nudist beaches?

They'll make them out of see through breathable latex. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

I don't trust the word of one bloke. 

It's based on fact.  It's indisputable that wearing a mask reduces the risk of an infected person passing the disease on through droplets.   The WHO acknowledges this on their website.  Given that some carriers are asymptomatic (fact) the only solution is for everyone to wear a mask.  That's why governments around the world are endorsing this policy.   

I wouldnt trust a thing they said after all their guitarists is a nonce. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It's based on fact.  It's indisputable that wearing a mask reduces the risk of an infected person passing the disease on through droplets.   The WHO acknowledges this on their website.  Given that some carriers are asymptomatic (fact) the only solution is for everyone to wear a mask.  That's why governments around the world are endorsing this policy.   

Passing it on? Absolutely true.

Being infected yourself? Not so sure.

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I was on about the masks you see being worn by most, homemade or some cheap shit off the internet, may as well just wear a scarf over your nose and mouth. Those masks with filters (the real deal) are like rocking horse shit as they are being given to health and other key workers and rightly so. Eventually it will become the norm for all if a cure is a long way off, something I said myself. If there's money to be made then you can rest assured that it will be approached from that angle rather than what is actually good for the better cause. 

I bought one with reusable filters on eBay, admittedly that was over a month ago but they are available.   They need to be mass produced urgently, where there's a will there's a way. 

But a homemade one is better than nothing. Any mask > no mask.  Anything that reduces particles being emitted from the mouth/nose is worth wearing. 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Not if they are wearing masks which are not up to the job, and that is my whole point. 

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Passing it on? Absolutely true.

Being infected yourself? Not so sure.

I totally agree but not infecting other people is a big part of flattening the curve.  Everyone has a part to play.  

Wearing one yourself also gives you a better chance of starting with a low inoculum if you do get infected meaning a higher chance of a better disease outcome. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

I bought one with reusable filters on eBay, admittedly that was over a month ago but they are available.   They need to be mass produced urgently, where there's a will there's a way. 

But a homemade one is better than nothing. Any mask > no mask.  Anything that reduces particles being emitted from the mouth/nose is worth wearing. 

It all comes down to the size of the droplets and the filtration of the mask. I use masks in work for soldering and the masks used have to be a certain grade to prevent the rosin in the flux getting through as just using any mask is not good enough due to the particle size in the smoke. 

I get what your saying but if the covid spoors are small enough they will easily pass through a mask with inadequate filtration as if the mask is not there. 

I’m going into work tomorrow as we have to have someone in once every two weeks for insurance purposes.  Literally just have to walk around 2 floors of an empty office building.   

definitely having a shit in the ladies.  What else?   

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I totally agree but not infecting other people is a big part of flattening the curve.  Everyone has a part to play.  

Wearing one yourself also gives you a better chance of starting with a low inoculum if you do get infected meaning a higher chance of a better disease outcome. 

I'm staying in my house 99% of the time.  If I can get a mask I definitely will but the prices on some of the them are extortionate and there are lots of scams too.

Horrifying to think we could overtake the highest numbers of deaths in Italy (and Spain? ) before the week is out.  I was expecting it to happen but not until the end of next week. 

Hope to fuck it levels out soon. 

11 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm staying in my house 99% of the time.  If I can get a mask I definitely will but the prices on some of the them are extortionate and there are lots of scams too.

You could always make your own.

902b8366a9139ac0129cbd14a2682e56.jpg

A director of a care managers group just been interviewed on Sky.

They are getting fleeced by businesses.

A normal 5 litre of hand sanitizer would normally cost them £12. Now being quoted £179?!?!?!?!

What the fuck is wrong with these cunt companies?

Luckily a local gin company has offered to make and provide at cost for £10.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m going into work tomorrow as we have to have someone in once every two weeks for insurance purposes.  Literally just have to walk around 2 floors of an empty office building.   

definitely having a shit in the ladies.  What else?   

You could do something far more 'personal' in the ladies surely?

From https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/apr/01/ventilators-may-be-taken-from-stable-coronavirus-patients-for-healthier-ones-bma-says

It says the NHS’s limited supply of intensive care beds will inevitably mean that doctors will have to refuse access to some people, especially those with one or more underlying health conditions and those who are older, though it does not specify an age threshold.

It does not list the illnesses but they are likely to include heart problems, kidney disease, diabetes or a pre-existing lung condition such as COPD. One in four Britons have at least one such chronic illness.

25%? what happened to Britain’s health?

Alot of people give M&S shit about its ads and being a bit full of snobby dickheads(not me the foods great) 

But fair play

Marks & Spencer has announced a 15 per cent pay rise for shop floor staff working on the frontline in its food stores, and confirmed that furloughed staff will receive full pay.

The retailer said that staff across its stores and supply chain who continue to work will receive their additional pay reward “in recognition of the work they are doing to support their teams and the national effort to help customers access the products they need” during the coronavirus pandemic.

Last week, M&S temporarily suspended its clothing and home store operations and closed outlet stores, while its food and online businesses remain open.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

It all comes down to the size of the droplets and the filtration of the mask. I use masks in work for soldering and the masks used have to be a certain grade to prevent the rosin in the flux getting through as just using any mask is not good enough due to the particle size in the smoke. 

I get what your saying but if the covid spoors are small enough they will easily pass through a mask with inadequate filtration as if the mask is not there. 

It's not just me saying it.  Governments around the world are saying the same thing and making them mandatory.  It's an obvious thing to do in respect of a respiratory disease, it's like the first rule of Fight Club. Wear a mask. 

Just now, TK421 said:

It's not just me saying it.  Governments around the world are saying the same thing and making them mandatory.  It's an obvious thing to do in respect of a respiratory disease, it's like the first rule of Fight Club. Wear a mask. 

If it's like the first rule of Fight Club we should stop talking about masks.