You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

That is only being mentioned in certain states. Whether or not it becomes mandatory remains to be seen. They may follow Austria in that this will only be the case when using shops or public transport. 

Nevertheless, there is an increasing appetite for masks worldwide. It's common sense because they (1) prevent infected people coughing and sneezing droplets everywhere (2) stop you touching the orifices of your face as much (can't pick your nose wearing a mask) and (3) give the wearer a better chance of starting with a low inoculum in the event of being infected = better disease outcome. 

In also not buying that dopy big eared twat Prince Charles had it and has now recovered when the majority of old people who get it die. 

For me there are only two possibilities for this. 

1. He is a lying twat and never had it

2. He has been given the vaccine that has been created but being held back until the last minute so someone makes a fucking fortune. 

Sorry for the strong language in my recent posts guys but there feels theres more going on than we have been told. 

I dont for a second think this has randomly come from some dirty food market.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I was just about to say that the majority of these masks are utterly useless, that came from a surgeon in the hospital I was in. They also are supposed to be disposed of after using them once, but because people are paying for them themselves they use them for weeks on end. 

None of this is true.  

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Nevertheless, there is an increasing appetite for masks worldwide. It's common sense because they (1) prevent infected people coughing and sneezing droplets everywhere (2) stop you touching the orifices of your face as much (can't pick your nose wearing a mask) and (3) give the wearer a better chance of starting with a low inoculum in the event of being infected = better disease outcome. 

One of the few pleasures left. I’m out.

5 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

In also not buying that dopy big eared twat Prince Charles had it and has now recovered when the majority of old people who get it die. 

2. He has been given the vaccine that has been created but being held back until the last minute so someone makes a fucking fortune. 

Sorry for the strong language in my recent posts guys but there feels theres more going on than we have been told. 

Where did it come from then?

Just now, TK421 said:

None of this is true.  

I read several experts saying that. I'm not against walking around in a mask personally, give me the mask or sell me the mask, I'll wear it, useless or no. But don't tell me I need to wear something which I cannot get anywhere, if I want to enter the shop or a post office. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Nevertheless, there is an increasing appetite for masks worldwide. It's common sense because they (1) prevent infected people couging and sneezing droplets everywhere (2) stop you touching the orifices of your face as much (can't pick your nose wearing a mask) and (3) give the wearer a better chance of starting with a low inoculum in the event of being infected = better disease outcome. 

That depends on how these masks are used mate, if people are using the same mask over and over again then it won't stop the spread of the virus as much as you'd hope for. It goes without saying that it would make shopping and using public transport etc safer/more germ free, and I guess at the end of the day we'll be in reduction mode until they come up with a suitable cure. It will no doubt eventually become part of life, much like you see in certain parts of the World due to smog. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

To be fair that’s about 25 more than I was expecting.

EDIT: Is anyone asking why the Dyson ventilator (much heralded because it was invented in ten days) has not yet had design approval, nor is it in production? Anyone in the media? Anyone?

Presumably because like all of their other products it's all marketing bullshit and it's actually completely shite?

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

That depends on how these masks are used mate, if people are using the same mask over and over again then it won't stop the spread of the virus as much as you'd hope for. It goes without saying that it would make shopping and using public transport etc safer/more germ free, and I guess at the end of the day we'll be in reduction mode until they come up with a suitable cure. It will no doubt eventually become part of life, much like you see in certain parts of the World due to smog. 

Many come with washable/reusable filters. They should be mass produced urgently to meet demand, there's no excuse. 

Anyway, eventually masks will become the norm and it will be socially unacceptable not to wear them. 

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, TK421 said:

None of this is true.  

Your opinion or based on fact? I'm relaying what a Doctor/Surgeon in pulmonologist told me. 

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

Where did it come from then?

Is it beyond reason to believe it accidentaly escaped from the Wuhan institute of Virology which just so happens to be Chinas biggest bio lab and is only 10 miles from the food market?

Just look at how communist states cover up the truth just like the Russians did for decades and also did with Chernobyl until the evidence was so overwhelming they had to admit the accident. 

I wouldn't trust the Chinese government to tell me the sky was blue. Let along their story COVID19s origin.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Is it beyond reason to believe it accidentaly escaped from the Wuhan institute of Virology which just so happens to be Chinas biggest bio lab and is only 10 miles from the food market?

Just look at how communist states cover up the truth just like the Russians did for decades and also did with Chernobyl until the evidence was so overwhelming they had to admit the accident. 

I wouldn't trust the Chinese government to tell me the sky was blue. Let along their story COVID19s origin.

The sky isn't blue. The colour is a reflection of the ocean. 

But China would say it is blue. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Many come with washable/reusable filters. They should be mass produced urgently to meet demand, there's no excuse. 

Anyway, eventually masks will become the norm and it will be socially unacceptable not to wear them. 

I was on about the masks you see being worn by most, homemade or some cheap shit off the internet, may as well just wear a scarf over your nose and mouth. Those masks with filters (the real deal) are like rocking horse shit as they are being given to health and other key workers and rightly so. Eventually it will become the norm for all if a cure is a long way off, something I said myself. If there's money to be made then you can rest assured that it will be approached from that angle rather than what is actually good for the better cause. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Your opinion or based on fact? I'm relaying what a Doctor/Surgeon in pulmonologist told me. 

I don't trust the word of one bloke. 

It's based on fact.  It's indisputable that wearing a mask reduces the risk of an infected person passing the disease on through droplets.   The WHO acknowledges this on their website.  Given that some carriers are asymptomatic (fact) the only solution is for everyone to wear a mask.  That's why governments around the world are endorsing this policy.   

20 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Mate, this situation is already frightening enough in terms of being a deep culture shock to most of us. Can understand it being horrifying and anger-inducing mentally, but maybe try not to think too far past the pragmatics of dealing with day-to-day stuff you have control over, if at all possible. 

This will be a rollercoaster for us all, psychologically. Fears of it having been deliberately induced or allowed to worsen callously, rather than through total incompetence and panic, on a purely pragmatic level, will only make it tougher for you.