You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

I think the death toll over the last couple of days is indicative of the NHS being overwhelmed.  

Jesus you don't need to be arguing about exponential or exponential rate with that number. I know I predicted a tusnami of cases but even I did not think we would have hit 500 plus per day at this stage . Thought the 1k per day would.be next week not this. 

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I think the death toll over the last couple of days is indicative of the NHS being overwhelmed.  

Tory austerity is now being shown for what it is. Costing peoples lives. They've decimated the NHS to the point where it cant cope and people are dying. I wonder how many of those deaths were preventable if the NHS has enough ventilators.  Only 8000 in the entire NHS. 

David Cameron should be jailed for this. 

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Tory austerity is now being shown for what it is. Costing peoples lives. They've decimated the NHS to the point where it cant cope and people are dying. I wonder how many of those deaths were preventable if the NHS has enough ventilators.  Only 8000 in the entire NHS. 

David Cameron should be jailed for this. 

And George Osbourne. And those who facliitated austerity by propping up a minority government.

Guest Pistonbroke

It's all rather sad, not good for anybody who has older family/relatives/friends who are unlucky enough to get this virus. Those poor NHS workers must be tearing their hair out and will be physiologically sacred for life. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It's all rather sad, not good for anybody who has older family/relatives/friends who are unlucky enough to get this virus. Those poor NHS workers must be tearing their hair out and will be physiologically sacred for life. 

Drama queen. 

33 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Tempted to go back to the first pages in this and see all the people bleating about it being "just the flu for fucks sake"

I thought along these lines at the beginning but seeing the video from an Italian hospital with so many people suffering was without a doubt the wake-up call for me that this was very different. 

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Looks like face masks will be compulsory in Germany soon. Also talk that the CDC will issue similar guidance in the USA.  We need to follow suit. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/31/calls-grow-for-germany-wide-use-of-face-masks-covid-19

And the irony that China will be selling them to us. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Looks like face masks will be compulsory in Germany soon. Also talk that the CDC will issue similar guidance in the USA.  We need to follow suit. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/31/calls-grow-for-germany-wide-use-of-face-masks-covid-19

The problem is, there is not enough proper masks, and stuff people make at home, experts say is pontless.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

That is only being mentioned in certain states. Whether or not it becomes mandatory remains to be seen. They may follow Austria in that this will only be the case when using shops or public transport. 

Just now, SasaS said:

The problem is, there is not enough proper masks, and stuff people make at home, experts say is pontless.

I vehemently disagree. Any mask > no mask.  Supermarkets are giving them out for free in Austria.  If we can afford HS2 we can afford free face masks for all.  This isn't a dress rehearsal, many thousands will die. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I was just about to say that the majority of these masks are utterly useless, that came from a surgeon in the hospital I was in. They also are supposed to be disposed of after using them once, but because people are paying for them themselves they use them for weeks on end.