Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 329 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

14 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

Can understand its unknown territory for teachers Suzy, and yes I am sure some parents take the piss, as they always do, but the language used by the teacher in the example given is intemperate to say the least and totally lacking in empathy. Sounds like a couple of teachers I had to be honest.

I know and I wouldn’t like to be that teacher when schools are open again because she’s going to give it to her with both barrels!

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

We're obviously home schooling our 13 yo son and it's certainly been a challenge for me so far, especially being as I'm still under the weather. He thinks because he's at home that he's on holiday, as do all his mates. The school have an on-line group and they set work/projects for them to do, but it just isn't enough imo. One trick I've used which might help you mate is that I've been watching documentaries on the various streaming sites about Animals/Weather/Science etc and he's learning loads as it interests him, it is then easy for him  to get stuck into German, Maths and English which seem to be the 3 subjects the School are pushing. His English is perfect, so we can spend more time on the other two subjects and watching documentaries which are beneficial. The Wife and eldest son are both working from home and have enough to do, so we all have to muck in. Hope you find a way to get over his issues mate. 

Cheers mucker, anything is worth a go. Hope your health is improving.

• Upvote 1

Mine has taken to it better than I expected actually, though he's only eight. I'd thought a teenager would be a much tougher prospect. No hassle from the school either. The teachers just send out messages that are supposed to help, tips, ideas, etc. 

They've got a folder with work for four weeks (not including the two weeks for Easter), which he gets through pretty quickly, and the rest of the time I'm making up my own school stuff (maths using darts, spellings, etc) - luckily, he'd started to enjoy reading of his own accord about a month or two ago, so that helps. We're doing that Joe Wicks PE thing every morning (though he's more interested in getting a shout out than the actual exercise), drawing, etc. He got a guitar for Christmas, so that's something I want to get him doing but that's about the one thing he's currently resisting. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Russia sending supplies to the US when they have their own shortages. 

Trump will feel that the US are untitled 

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Cheers mucker, anything is worth a go. Hope your health is improving.

No problems mate, sharing ideas that may help is always good. Like Suzy said earlier, the majority of us aren't teachers. Certain things come naturally, others stuff is more challenging. The wife is a Kindergarten teacher doing speech therapy and even she struggles to understand some of the stuff they want our children to do. I have to say, Google and the various forums are a massive help if you need info. Imagine if this sort of thing had happened to us all in the so called modern World and there was no internet? We'd be fucked mate. 

Feeling a lot better than I was but still feeling like shit, if that makes any sense. Most of the symptoms are hanging about and seem hard to shift. It's that time of the year though, plus i rarely suffer from colds or flu, just have to get on with things and hope that the second test and the other tests lined up for me prove positive. In the big scheme of things there are a lot of people suffering more and I can cross the other bridges in the future if I need to. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Grim reading that.

Good or bad news is, there is a number of factors this data analysis ignores, as do most others. so it may be way grimmer, or not so grim.

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Comfortably over an hour since the last post in the thread. That must mean we’re over the peak and Coronavirus is soon to be a thing of the past. 

It has turned into Kindergarten Coronavirus Cop. As a non-parent I have nothing to contribute.  

Hope we get beat.  

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Comfortably over an hour since the last post in the thread. That must mean we’re over the peak and Coronavirus is soon to be a thing of the past. 

Or we’re all dead.

One or the other.

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Not sure about that but, after self isolating for a couple weeks here I have developed Cuervovirus.

I’ve enjoyed home schooling Turdsette so far, it’s been fun. What isn’t fun is the hour or so afterwards of being in the same house as she spends some time video calling one of her school friends. 

JUST FUCKING SHUT UP. 

• Upvote 4

To be fair that’s about 25 more than I was expecting.

EDIT: Is anyone asking why the Dyson ventilator (much heralded because it was invented in ten days) has not yet had design approval, nor is it in production? Anyone in the media? Anyone?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

To be fair that’s about 25 more than I was expecting.

EDIT: Is anyone asking why the Dyson ventilator (much heralded because it was invented in ten days) has not yet had design approval, nor is it in production? Anyone in the media? Anyone?

Because it will just be a modified hairdryer with an LCD display promoting the Dyson product range.

Our government is becoming not unsurprisingly more slippery and evasive by the day as they try to field difficult questions. They just can't stop themselves.

• Upvote 3

Remember those 3.5m test kits that’d be available through Boots and Amazon? The ones that have quietly disappeared from public consciousness....

Downing Street: 2,000 of 500,000 frontline NHS England staff have been tested for coronavirus

At the daily No 10 briefing of lobby journalists, Downing Street said just 2,000 people out of 500,000 frontline NHS England staff have been tested for coronavirus.

Around 1.2 million people work for NHS England in total. One in four frontline staff are estimated to be isolating.