Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 325 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Best questions from the Daily Record guy.

Gove dodged it again about non-essential workers.

Grant Shapps pretty much said on TV this morning that they haven't forced companies to close in order to keep the economy going.

47 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Did they also have deliberately confusing colours? Red/oraange, three shades of blue.

Of course. Being colourblind myself, we're either doing really well or we're completely fucked.

35 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Look at the chart for goodness sake. Completely arbitrarily, it goes from 14 days behind to 16 days behind, just to make the figures fit. Very dishonest from whoever produced that.

It's not dishonest, everything is documented. It shows that we are closely tracking Italy. In fact today's death toll will presumably put us ahead of them in respect of the corresponding day. 

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

French numbers are in, even worse than yesterday. Huge jump in new cases.

Whats the source mate? I'm sure its all lies and fabrication anyway. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

L'embarrassing. 

Je ne mens jamais même si je mens et poste des choses qui ne sont pas des faits mais je ne mens jamais comment osez-vous m'accuser de me mentir moi moi moi moi. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Whats the source mate? I'm sure its all lies and fabrication anyway. 

French government. So, who knows.

2 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Depends on what the governments real model was/is.

Quite.

From that Hammer v Dance article, I’m now in no doubt the UK and US were of the opinion to ride it out as quickly as possible, regardless of how many died & keep the economy on track-ish. 

I’d hope the penny dropped when the “science changed” and they realised the death rates would be more than expected. In reality, I think it was peer pressure from the public & other countries etc which made them change their tune.

The Hammer v Dance article says we won’t see a benefit from the lockdown says we won’t see a slow down in cases for 12 days (which is Saturday) before they start to calm down. Slow down in deaths is another 7+ days after that.

Realistically, I don’t think we’re going to see many improvements until the mid-end of April, by which time, unfortunately, death rates will be significantly higher than they are today. 

Below graph is Italy. We’d tacked similar, deviated away and are now tracking similar to them again (we’ve also changed how our deaths were recorded). I believe Italy initiated their lockdown 7/3. So it’s take 3 weeks to see a stabilisation of deaths....and it’s still a huge figure dying each day. Another 3/4 weeks of lockdown until they can think about lifting it?

My view on this has changed significantly since being in a pub outside Vicarage Road a month ago. On that day I was absolutely if the view of “Its only flu”, fast forward 10 days to Atletico going to the game thinking it didn’t feel right and now literally not knowing how bad it could get. I appreciate it’s not a great look but then again, I’m not a paid government official / health expert paid to make these decisions. 

D8386D67-A15C-483C-B4EC-373D2D73922D.jpeg

1 minute ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Has anyone quoted SD's "embarassing" post, as I'm sure he'd go back and edit it and go full Trump and say he never said it.

I always stand by my words, thanks.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Do you stand by the 'embarrassed' comment SD? 

Of course I do. I still think the worst of this thing will be nowhere near as bad as the direst predictions.

I don't quite understand, why is the comparison with Italy in particular so important, other than the fact it has worst cumulative numbers? There are very few similarities. Every country in the EU has its own trajectory and specific situation.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Of course. Being colourblind myself, we're either doing really well or we're completely fucked.

'For those watching in Black and White, the UK is the dark line. There now follows a Corona Political Broadcast, except for viewers in Scotland.' 

BTW, so sorry to hear of all you folks affected by this in one way or the other, glad to see you are on the mend 'Elite.' 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Of course I do. I still think the worst of this thing will be nowhere near as bad as the direst predictions.

Oh only it was just a throwaway comment last week you said?  

You stand by a comment saying people will be embarrassed about it all when today the death toll has passed 41,000 people..... 

Scumbag. 

15 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Of course it won't be as bad, we've taken actions designed to avoid the direst predictions.

15 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I don't quite understand, why is the comparison with Italy in particular so important, other than the fact it has worst cumulative numbers? There are very few similarities. Every country in the EU has its own trajectory and specific situation.

It's useful data to predict roughly where we'll be two weeks down the line.  Each country will follow its own curve, but there will be similarities too and particularly in the early stages before health services are overwhelmed. 

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It's useful data to predict roughly where we'll be two weeks down the line.  Each country will follow its own curve, but there will be similarities too and particularly in the early stages before health services are overwhelmed. 

What are the similarities between Italy and UK?