Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 320 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:


One for @Red Phoenix

 

Sorry am tired and have been on the PS4 for most of the last 12 hours, then saw this but not sure why you linked it to me? Maybe my brain is too gone at the moment to realise why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

She's got a CBE! How can you not know who she is?

 

Can you let me know when you find out?

I meant who is fucking her! I know who she is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Terry Waite just been on Sky News giving advice on staying in. 

 

I had the Fall riff going in my head as soon as he appeared obviously. 

If anyone knows how to while away the hours in a confined space then it's Tezza. Is he still sporting a beard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

If anyone knows how to while away the hours in a confined space then it's Tezza. Is he still sporting a beard?

Yes and stop sitting off in your pyjamas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a separate note, mainly pertaining to being caged in, is it wrong to be browsing through air rifle shops online, while eyeing up the neighbour's garden ornaments?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Are Londoners deliberately being stupid by not observing social distancing?

If you have to get to work and the train network is on a skeleton service , I am not sure how you social distance on the platform / train.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was running those numbers through my head again last night; that we should now or soon be seeing a reduction in admissions due to the lockdown, but then I thought that we've got an unoccupied 4000 bed hospitals and 2 more 1000 bed hospitals being built. So admission are clearly not going to ramp down.

 

I'm not sure if I can make any sense of the projections now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sir roger said:

If you have to get to work and the train network is on a skeleton service , I am not sure how you social distance on the platform / train.

Not enough trains being run either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prof Pike of Imperial College said the daily toll would peak at 260.  That was a few days ago. These people are advising the government.   It's unacceptable for the government to continue to be advised by Imperial College.  Sir Patrick Vallance should do the decent thing and resign, if he doesn't he should be sacked along with Chris Whitty.  A new approach is needed because the existing one isn't working. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Prof Pike of Imperial College said the daily toll would peak at 260.  That was a few days ago. These people are advising the government.   It's unacceptable for the government to continue to be advised by Imperial College.  Sir Patrick Vallance should do the decent thing and resign, if he doesn't he should be sacked along with Chris Whitty.  A new approach is needed because the existing one isn't working. 

We need someone with a degree in Ecology to run the numbers. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Prof Pike of Imperial College said the daily toll would peak at 260.  That was a few days ago. These people are advising the government.   It's unacceptable for the government to continue to be advised by Imperial College.  Sir Patrick Vallance should do the decent thing and resign, if he doesn't he should be sacked along with Chris Whitty.  A new approach is needed because the existing one isn't working. 

These numbers are a relic of up to a month ago though. 

 

Their modelling is obviously wrong, but we don't know how effective or ineffective the actions taken recently are, because there is a delay in their repercussions. 

 

It's clear that we are still working on flattening the curve and herd immunity/survivor immunity. Everything since the original honest communication can basically be dismissed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Prof Pike of Imperial College said the daily toll would peak at 260.  That was a few days ago. These people are advising the government.   It's unacceptable for the government to continue to be advised by Imperial College.  Sir Patrick Vallance should do the decent thing and resign, if he doesn't he should be sacked along with Chris Whitty.  A new approach is needed because the existing one isn't working. 

These whole government should be fucked off and an emergency government formed asap.

 

The only thing I hope for is that after all of this is over, that they are brought to account for their horrific handling of this crisis.

 

As much as I can't stand the cunt, put Jeremy Hunt (I appreciate the irony of saying this, but he's the only one that has questioned what the fuck we've been doing thus far) in charge of this mess as he seems to have a grasp on this.

 

I'd imagine there are quite a few Cuntservative MP's and supporters that are regretfully looking back on voting for Boris as leader now over Hunt.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

If you have to get to work and the train network is on a skeleton service , I am not sure how you social distance on the platform / train.

 

I don't understand this measure, everywhere, surely you should leave the same number of trains or shut them down completely, not reduce them and then have people crammed into them. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spy Bee said:

These numbers are a relic of up to a month ago though. 

 

Their modelling is obviously wrong, but we don't know how effective or ineffective the actions taken recently are, because there is a delay in their repercussions. 

 

It's clear that we are still working on flattening the curve and herd immunity/survivor immunity. Everything since the original honest communication can basically be dismissed.

But Prof Tom Pike published his numbers a few days ago. A lay person like me could easily spot that he was wrong.  Therefore the government should no longer rely on his advice nor the advice of Prof Neil Ferguson.

 

We're not flattening the curve, it continues on an exponential path.  The death rate will steadily increase like it has in Italy and Spain.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

 

I don't understand this measure, everywhere, surely you should leave the same number of trains or shut them down completely, not reduce them and then have people crammed into them. 

Public transport free for all key workers only. Passes for key workers, everyone else stay at home. Furlough the population with a decent living wage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

He mustn't have said "Two metre, you!" when walking past people. 


YOU NICKED THAT OFF TWITTER. 

 

48 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

 

Sorry am tired and have been on the PS4 for most of the last 12 hours, then saw this but not sure why you linked it to me? Maybe my brain is too gone at the moment to realise why.

 

You are our resident American Political Correspondent, are you not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×