You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

29 minutes ago, Michael Winstanley said:

I’ve got a small bottle hanging off the front of me bike, but it’s been there for 6 months and I always forget to use the fucking thing. 
Me missus was trying to get me to add a sun cream to it yesterday, till I told her I didn’t want to look like a fucking tinker.

I reckon sun cream is probably more important where you are. 

Once did window fitting with an Aussie over here. He was wearing flip flops but most insistent that I put sun cream on. 

45 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Shook hands with a couple of lads from Stravanger at the Game. They werent bothered by corona virus and neither was I.

I’m not surprised. Don’t they wrestle polar bears for fun on Stavanger?

12 hours ago, rb14 said:

In Ho Chi Minh Domestic Terminal this morning it was heaving. Whereas every hotel and airport has been dead quiet, apparently it's Women's Day out here so every fucker is flying somewhere. Mega queues for security and everyone is adorned in varying degrees of medical masks, gloves, safety goggles, etc. Some had not a square millimetre of flesh on display. 

Never coming here again as a sex tourist. What a rip-off. 

Seriously though, normally it's dead pushy and shovey in the queue, but we were about the only people wearing no protective kit at all and NOBODY pushed us. We were treated like lepers. I deliberately did a decent fake sneeze. There was practically a stampede. Top comedy. 

There is a social stigma with brown skin in Vn, pale skin is considered much more beautiful. Head to toe coverage is common, even (or especially) at the beach. They wear socks with a separate big toe toe for their flip flops and just plonk a crash helmet on top of their burqa-like hat. Vietnamese females consequently have one of the world's highest rates of Vitamin D deficiency in the world. This lady runs a cafe serving beach chairs at Hoian and spends the (blazing hot) days like this!

IMG_20190207_133201-780x1040.jpg

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

I reckon sun cream is probably more important where you are. 

Once did window fitting with an Aussie over here. He was wearing flip flops but most insistent that I put sun cream on. 

Yeah, I tend to put it in before I go out on the bike, the hand wash is because my immunity is fucked.

me auld fella never wears the stuff, and he is up in Brisbane. Always getting shit cut out of his face. Bleeding daft.

1 hour ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

There is a social stigma with brown skin in Vn, pale skin is considered much more beautiful. Head to toe coverage is common, even (or especially) at the beach. 

Indeed at the beach. But I've not seen it inside the airport before. 

Italians are acting absolutely insane over this. How selfish do you have to be to flee the north in droves because it's been leaked there will be a mandatory quarantine? Those cunts have basically assured the virus will spread massively to the rest of the country and wherever they go. That should be tantamount to committing a crime. It's putting others in danger. 

So they may ban social gatherings here and close places but are still allowing people to travel to and from the worst affected country in Europe a place where the overwhelming majority of those originally affected with it here had recently been. The poor fella who died of it yesterday had just been there!!

Laughable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51796072

This toilet roll situation is a joke. We’ve got five or six in the house already but I went past a retail park yesterday so thought I’d stop and see for myself. B&M completely sold out of bog roll and kitchen roll and the Asda next door was completely sold out too except for a handful of packs of kitchen roll which were only still there because they were right at the back of the top shelf. I had to grab a toilet brush, climb up the racking and use it to stretch to drag one forward so I could buy it ‘just in case’. We’re expecting a Tesco delivery this morning and I’m fully expecting the bog roll we’ve ordered to be missing. Fucking idiots, man. 

Got into the car this morning and realised I had a few sachets of those disposable hand wipes on view in the dashboard tray. I keep them there in case I need to give the dash a quick wipe. Thought about the loo roll and hand sanitiser situation, and put them into the glove box to avoid any muppet trying to break in to get at them. I feel like I’ve slipped into paranoia, but we’re now in the age of dickheads fighting over loo rolls in supermarkets, so better safe than sorry.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

So they may ban social gatherings here and close places but are still allowing people to travel to and from the worst affected country in Europe a place where the overwhelming majority of those originally affected with it here had recently been. The poor fella who died of it yesterday had just been there!!

Laughable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51796072

This I don't understand, the whole country is making provisions to go into lockdown & they're letting plane loads of cunts fly in from Northern Italy unchecked.

Absolutely bizarre.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mook said:

This I don't understand, the whole country is making provisions to go into lockdown & they're letting plane loads of cunts fly in from Northern Italy unchecked.

Absolutely bizarre.

As was said elsewhere, the government is actually in the 'denial' phase whereby a PR led offensive rather than any real policies or restrictions are enforced. It's entirely reactive at the moment. We have 260k gathering for the Cheltenham festival later in the week.

40 minutes ago, Mook said:

Absolutely bizarre.

Yeah - it stuns me.

Possibly or even probably stopping people gathering at footy etc but let people come and go to a place where it is proven and documented people have picked up and brought the virus here from.

Stupidity of the highest order.

Better yet, my mate has a lad reporting into him who used that gym this weekend. Dan works for a yank company and has been told he is not to send the lad home unless he starts displaying symptoms.

The global response to this is a fucking Monty Python sketch.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Better yet, my mate has a lad reporting into him who used that gym this weekend. Dan works for a yank company and has been told he is not to send the lad home unless he starts displaying symptoms.

The global response to this is a fucking Monty Python sketch.

We haven't got a hope of restricting it as the Chinese apparently have. We're far too much of an individualistic and economically driven society.

Reading about the exponential growth of this virus last night, no idea if it's true, but at the moment it's doubling in number every 6 days. If it sticks with that growth rate we'll have a million people with the virus by the beginning of May in the UK alone. 10% of those will require hospitalisation and 5% will need critical care.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

It doesn't matter which shop/supermarket you go into over here there's shit loads of toilet paper/kitchen rolls on the shelves. So despite the Germans panic buying before a bank holiday it seems they don't give a shit about this virus. Or, the chain of supply is just way better than certain countries.