You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

34 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It's a good job Brexit has destroyed them and rendered them an irrelevant political force. 

Now hang on, without railroading this thread the EU havnt exactly covered itself in glory during this crisis. 

The tories were split down the middle during brexit, they lost two serving prime ministers and were heading towards civil war, Corbyn (although ridiculed) took imo a wise position on brexit of wait and see. Let the tories implode.

However Corbyns strategy didnt suit the right wing in the labour party the self preservation of the lib dems and the hounds of tory compliance the bbc.

I make no apologies for rejecting the capitalist charter of cunts  that masquerades under the European union banner.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Nigel speaking truth to power, the fucking imbecile.

Genuinely worth a couple of minutes of your time just to see the transition to the British Alex Jones in its infancy. 

How has no-one sparked him out? 

We need Jo Swinson to guide us through this mess. 

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Now hang on, without railroading this thread the EU havnt exactly covered itself in glory during this crisis. 

The tories were split down the middle during brexit, they lost two serving prime ministers and were heading towards civil war, Corbyn (although ridiculed) took imo a wise position on brexit of wait and see. Let the tories implode.

However Corbyns strategy didnt suit the right wing in the labour party the self preservation of the lib dems and the hounds of tory compliance the bbc.

I make no apologies for rejecting the capitalist charter of cunts  that masquerades under the European union banner.

But you told me that Brexit would finish the Tories. When, in fact, the opposite has happened.  It has empowered the Tories and destroyed Labour. Now here we are in the midst of a deadly pandemic with a massive Tory majority.  The Tories have free reign to do as they please and a lot of it is down to the toxic populism of Brexit.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

@mattyqTerrible news man, all the best.

Was he in good health previously?

No mate, we were all very worried about him as he's a diabetic, heavy smoker and alcoholic 

2 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Sorry to hear this, matty. Hope he can pull through. I hadn’t seen your post when I wrote my response above. Really sorry if it seemed tasteless coming directly afterwards.

No worries, Ben

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

But you told me that Brexit would finish the Tories. When the opposite happened, it has empowered the Tories and destroyed Labour. Now here we are in the midst of a deadly pandemic with a massive Tory majority.  The Tories have free reign to do as they please and a lot of it is down to the toxic populism of Brexit.

No it isn't. Its because the people misjudged the mood. The poor were getting the short end for years and people were willing to throw the dice . It's like the Bob Dylan lyric " when you got nothing you got nothing to lose" 

I'm still convinced that if parliament would have ran its course (as it should have) instead of the lib dems and Tories forcing an election then we would now have a hung parliament where all options would be open.  

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I'm still convinced that if parliament would have ran its course (as it should have) instead of the lib dems and Tories forcing an election then we would now have a hung parliament where all options would be open.  

Well parliament didn't run its course and now there's a massive Tory majority.  A lot of that is down to Brexit - it tapped into the mindset of the typical Tory voter.  

So it's no good you bemoaning what the Tories might do during a pandemic, you brought that on yourself. 

At the moment my overriding emotion is anger

The silly fucker had everything going for him but the last few years he's been determinedly drinking himself to death and it looks like he'll finally achieve his goal with a little help from Covid

Such a fucking waste!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, mattyq said:

The silly fucker had everything going for him but the last few years he's been determinedly drinking himself to death and it looks like he'll finally achieve his goal with a little help from Covid

Such a fucking waste!

Jesus. It's a precarious business, life...

12 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Such a fucking waste!

Hope he pulls through mate.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Got to be very careful giving a tory government a free run with laws that took decades to achieve,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-52004116

I thought a similar thing when I saw this. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/27/coronavirus-surveillance-used-by-governments-to-fight-pandemic-privacy-concerns.html

Governments are going to be making the most out of this.

53 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

No it isn't. Its because the people misjudged the mood. The poor were getting the short end for years and people were willing to throw the dice . It's like the Bob Dylan lyric " when you got nothing you got nothing to lose" 

How would JC have handled the civil liberties aspect differently do you think?  

13 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I thought a similar thing when I saw this. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/27/coronavirus-surveillance-used-by-governments-to-fight-pandemic-privacy-concerns.html

Governments are going to be making the most out of this.

If only there were a supranational organisation we could be a member of to keep this sort of thing in check. 

• Upvote 2