Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 314 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

43 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

So, if I read this correctly

Lesser Number>Greater Number

If we want to see a downward trajectory of people dying, then I’d say it’s an absolute necessity. Unless you know of some way that more people dying is likely to see us get to zero people dying, as I can only see that happening if everyone dies and then there will be nobody left to die. I’m going to go out on a limb and say I don’t think that latter scenario is the way forward.

16 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

He's no Tom Dr William Professor Pike. He's just a pale, shallow imitation.

I bet sky couldn't even afford to get him on the cheap bastards.

Well Tom Dr William Professor Pike is no Captain Christopher Pike.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Which would suggest the numbers now probably aren't very indicative of anything regarding a prediction about the next few weeks.

Hmm, well to some extent they are. Like, anything closer to horizontal at any stage is better than anything towards vertical, but yes, you can also say that the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Hospital admissions now will be from people infected prior to the 16th you'd estimate - so next weekend should start to see this work its way through.

The buses are now only one an hour! The bus companies are loving this. Their ambition so far as I can gather as a long-suffering user of public transport is to run no buses whatsoever. Getting closer to that dream.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The buses are now only one an hour! The bus companies are loving this. Their ambition so far as I can gather as a long-suffering user of public transport is to run no buses whatsoever. Getting closer to that dream.

The bus companies ambition is to not run buses and be out of business. 

more facts 

32 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Hmm, well to some extent they are. Like, anything closer to horizontal at any stage is better than anything towards vertical, but yes, you can also say that the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Hospital admissions now will be from people infected prior to the 16th you'd estimate - so next weekend should start to see this work its way through.

Incubation is 5 days on average. Results from the measures should affect the numbers after about 3 days, beginning with new cases. Even if the numbers keep going up.

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

If there are no big jumps in numbers elsewhere in Europe during the next week or two, all energy should be focused on planning as many activities as possible with social distancing at the centre to return to some semblance of normality. If countries can keep it at this level, most health care systems should be able to cope, especially now when they have began to fly patients across the EU.   

I agree with this. Most predictions are for 20 thousand British fatalities or less, most will unfortunately be over 70 with underlying health problems. The reason Italys deaths are so high is probably the aging population.

If the upward curve flattens out in the coming weeks we should imo get other public services back up and running as soon as possible.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Gnasher said:

I agree with this. Most predictions are for 20 thousand British fatalities or less, most will unfortunately be over 70 with underlying health problems. The reason Italys deaths are so high is probably the aging population.

If the upward curve flattens out in the coming weeks we should imo get other public services back up and running as soon as possible.

The reason Italy's deaths are so high is the undocumented spread of the virus. Germany and Japan also have aging population.

24 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Unpaid. Government covering their wages.

Bilimey. Dr Birx predicts up to 200,000 deaths in the US, 'if we do things almost perfectly'.

Type "I paid" was meant to read unpaid! Fu KS sake. 

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

What is Italy’s median age? Asking for a friend. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I dont smoke it but I believe it should be legal. I'd rather the police fuck off and do something more productive in their phoney quest to imply law and order.

Just now, Gnasher said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageing_of_Europe

Not sure if this helps to be honest. It was first on the list and I couldn't be bothered looking further than one down.

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

What is Italy’s median age? Asking for a friend. 

Ah, the newbies. When you miss first 300 pages in a thread.

• Upvote 2