Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 293 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

This is a text from an NHS worker As of tomorrow, do not leave home for bread for anything! Because the worst begins tomorrow as the incubation date is met and many people that are positive with the virus start to peak!! It’s at this time other people are most vulnerable! so it is very important to stay home and not to be in contact with anybody, even members of your family if possible!! Being very careful is very important and very crucial at this time!! As from tomorrow we are going to see the start of the peak of those that are positive, then there will be two weeks of calm and then two weeks where it decreases. * What happened in Italy is that they neglected the contagion period and that is why all the cases turned out together and so badly, plus they didn’t know what they were dealing with *. * And finally, please do not receive visits from anyone, not even from the same family. This is all for the good of all. * WE WILL BE IN THE MAXIMUM STAGE OF INFECTION.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Fuck me, 260 deaths just announced today. It's increasing exponentially. And still you have tits turning up at places going on 'holiday.'

 

Being a bit of a drama queen I know but Im starting to drift between states of 'it'll be ok' and being scared. Trying not to show it to the missus and my lad who lives with us.

 

I suggested to the missus that only I go out and do the shopping this coming week. It cuts the risk of exposure to just one of us and I can whizz around Asda quicker than she can because she spends a fucking age pondering to buy this brand or that, whether we need or like it or whether it's the best cut of meat she can find.

 

Worrying fucking times.

Do you have a Bexley’s near you? They have decent meat at reasonable cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Butch said:

As from tomorrow we are going to see the start of the peak of those that are positive, then there will be two weeks of calm and then two weeks where it decreases. * What happened in Italy is that they neglected the contagion period and that is why all the cases turned out together and so badly, plus they didn’t know what they were dealing with *. 

This part is irresponsible horseshit.  We are no different to Italy. We are no different to Spain, either. There is nothing to distinguish the UK from either country. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

So just talking to a mate who is involved in some aspects of the planning. He thinks London is likely to go on further lockdown on Monday. Some issues ahead down there. He told me they're out of ventilators and 2 hospitals are now out of capacity and the new hospital won't be usable for staffing reasons in time. When the additional lock down is in place, the army will be providing street checkpoints. So take that as you will. 

 

It's interesting just listening to this update. The guy covering the NHS was very careful with his words, saying things like there are ICU beds in London. No mention of equipment though. No mention that some hospitals are full. 

I recall seeing one of the London hospitals declare a critical event last week saying they were having to turn patients to other hospitals. I don’t think it’s secret information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NHS England medical director Prof Stephen Powis says if the death toll in the UK is kept below 20,000, "we will have done very well". It was "possible to get on top of this virus", he added.

 

someone at least getting real 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Fuck me, 260 deaths just announced today. It's increasing exponentially. And still you have tits turning up at places going on 'holiday.'

 

Being a bit of a drama queen I know but Im starting to drift between states of 'it'll be ok' and being scared. Trying not to show it to the missus and my lad who lives with us.

 

I suggested to the missus that only I go out and do the shopping this coming week. It cuts the risk of exposure to just one of us and I can whizz around Asda quicker than she can because she spends a fucking age pondering to buy this brand or that, whether we need or like it or whether it's the best cut of meat she can find.

 

Worrying fucking times.

Sorry dont want to sound shrill but what is so very wrong with people getting fresh air in the British countryside or open parks/spaces/seasides as long as the keep to a reasonable distance from other members of the public?  

 

The reaction from police and authorities are big brother overkill.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team orange on TV saying you know we may quarantine NYC New Jersey etc , didn't Italy do the same thing thus a mass exodus south continuing the spread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Sorry dont want to sound shrill but what is so very wrong with people getting fresh air in the British countryside or open parks/spaces/seasides as long as the keep to a reasonable distance from other members of the public?  

 

The reaction from police and authorities are big brother overkill.

I think the answer to this is that you have to go at the speed of the slowest. You will have seen all the knobheads ramming parks, the lake district and beaches. They have to drive there, go in petrol stations, motorway services and car parks. Its eminently simple to me, stay in doors other than for lifes essentials

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Sorry dont want to sound shrill but what is so very wrong with people getting fresh air in the British countryside or open parks/spaces/seasides as long as the keep to a reasonable distance from other members of the public?  

 

The reaction from police and authorities are big brother overkill.

What if they breakdown and the RAC etc have to be sent out?

 

What if they have an accident during their unnecessary journey/day out at the local rocky outcrop and the emergency services need to attend? 

 

What if they need to refuel during their journey and inadvertently touch petrol pumps etc with their hands? 

 

Why not just eliminate these risks and have a walk locally? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, A Red said:

I think the answer to this is that you have to go at the speed of the slowest. You will have seen all the knobheads ramming parks, the lake district and beaches. They have to drive there, go in petrol stations, motorway services and car parks. Its eminently simple to me, stay in doors other than for lifes essentials

Not to mention the fact that every day x number of people break down , crash etc requiring either medical services and recovery etc etc , stay at home for fucksake .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Sorry dont want to sound shrill but what is so very wrong with people getting fresh air in the British countryside or open parks/spaces/seasides as long as the keep to a reasonable distance from other members of the public?  

 

The reaction from police and authorities are big brother overkill.

Fucking hell. Not just any countryside, British countryside!  Moron. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

New York to be quarantined for 2 weeks according to Trump.

 

Typical Trump. He's not even talked to Cuomo about it.


One day he’s talking about relaxing conditions so people can go back to work, the next he’s talking about quarantining an entire state. He just says the first thing that comes into his head in reaction to whatever is put in front of him at any given moment.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anubis said:


One day he’s talking about relaxing conditions so people can go back to work, the next he’s talking about quarantining an entire state. He just says the first thing that comes into his head in reaction to whatever is put in front of him at any given moment.


my money is on Melania being at Trump Tower and trying to find a way to stay away from him for a few weeks

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PestiRed said:


my money is on Melania being at Trump Tower and trying to find a way to stay away from him for a few weeks

She can just sneeze now and the fucker will leg it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor Italians, they now have over a third of total deaths Worldwide. A lot of countries are obviously being a bit secretive about the true state of affairs and a lot of them just won#t have the testing capabilities etc, the true figures must be horrendous, bad enough as it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, elvis said:

Not to mention the fact that every day x number of people break down , crash etc requiring either medical services and recovery etc etc , stay at home for fucksake .

Bit overdramatic if you ask me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, elvis said:

Team orange on TV saying you know we may quarantine NYC New Jersey etc , didn't Italy do the same thing thus a mass exodus south continuing the spread?

My mate lives there, they already did that with another province and gave them 2 days notice before setting up the quarantine.

 

Ridiculous. It's like pouring petrol on flames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

What if your arm bursts?

"Sorry, I've heard of a nosebleed, but in my 14 years of professional broadcasting, including 3 years as a hospital radio disc jockey, I've never had anyone come up to me and say "My arm's just burst. Could you play a dedication?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×