You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Italy have ramped up testing in the past few days and the increase of cases have still been lower than last week, for example. 

How much are they testing now?

You could be right, looking at the number of hospitalized vs. milder cases isolating at home, a week ago the number of hospitalized dropped bellow the number of milder cases for the first time, which is insane, must mean that majority of milder cases went on untested and unregistered. The difference has been growing ever since.

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

You reckon that the increase in death rate has tried to be buried in the news of Bojo having it?

Everything is being downplayed. The BBC are like a mouthpiece for the government.  The overriding message is don't face up to reality, just clap the nurses and everything will be fine. 

7 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Everything is being downplayed. The BBC are like a mouthpiece for the government.  The overriding message is don't face up to reality, just clap the nurses and everything will be fine. 

That wasn't a government lead thing was it? 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That wasn't a government lead thing was it? 

No but it smacks of the mentality of sugarcoating everything and burying the head in the sand. 

I'm not having a go at the people who took part I just think it's pointless. Get them proper PPE, I'm sure they'd appreciate that more.   

• Upvote 1

Fucking horrendous this

Might be other issues at play to but the pressure in ITU is immense. My sisters on a ITU ward in London and nearly left the NHS the other year due to the stress and underfunding but after 2 months out went back. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-nurse-kills-herself-uk-21749225.amp?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true

Screenshot_20200327_193523_com.facebook.katana.jpg

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

No but it smacks of the mentality of sugarcoating everything and burying the head in the sand. 

I'm not having a go at the people who took part I just think it's pointless. Get them proper PPE, I'm sure they'd appreciate that more.   

It was a social media lead thing to recognise the work that the walking angels do. Its not like they get recognised by the government. I think it was a fucking great gesture. Listening to the radio today and hearing emotional nurses calling in saying thank you when they are absolutely exhausted prove that. 

Of course they are better or with more equipment etc than a few claps but saying recognition like that is pointless is a spoilt gobshites attitude. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

He also said a normal patient would be on a ventilator for 3-4 days. 

If a patient is on a ventilator for 20+ days, would have imagine that they have no chance of recovery. 

Wouldn't be sure if that. Although different I was on a ventilator for over 4 months and even on diaylsis. If a patient is sick enough they're often put under and like me dialysis to take stress off the body and allow it to get better. 

The problem and sad part is that doctors will at some point have to make decisions. Can they allow a ventilator to be used for a month by 1 patient when in that time it could help 5 or 6. People are going to die that shouldn't because doctors are going to have to prioritise patients. The amount of guilt that some will shoulder over this will be terrible. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

It was a social media lead thing to recognise the work that the walking angels do. Its not like they get recognised by the government. I think it was a fucking great gesture. Listening to the radio today and hearing emotional nurses calling in saying thank you when they are absolutely exhausted prove that. 

Of course they are better or with more equipment etc than a few claps but saying recognition like that is pointless is a spoilt gobshites attitude. 

Sorry, forget I mentioned it.  I don't want an argument about it. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yet plenty of nurses and doctors saying the opposite. Thanks but if your going to vote tory at the next election or did at the last what's the point. 

Instead of clapping out pressure on the government to change it stance, don't vote for them. And when you are in hospital stop acting like pricks. 

Even my sisters saying its great people showing support but when this is over it'll be straight back to people abusing them and giving them shit and whinging about the NHS

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Yep, clapping out in the streets seems a bit lame for me personally.

I was listening to BBC Radio 2 this morning and Matt Lucas has got together with Damien Lewis and Helen (not sure of surname) and they are trying to raise £1m and have already got some local restaurants involved in providing hot meals for the staff within the NHS as their café's have pretty much all shut down. I went through http://leon.co as the website and clicked on Donate. £28.50 winged it's way across and I posted it to my facebook page. I wanted to see if the people who were sharing the clapping invite would share the donation page. No-one has so far.

I personally think the NHS can use hot food alot more than a few claps.

going by the latest death figures that came out of both Italy and Spain today, 

it seems a few nations must be cooking the books in terms of their death rates?

Surely to god the Italians and Spanish arent all so weak that once they get this thing they drop like flies. How come the chinese didnt have as many die, and they eat live fucking animals ffs????

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yet plenty of nurses and doctors saying the opposite. Thanks but if your going to vote tory at the next election or did at the last what's the point. 

Instead of clapping out pressure on the government to change it stance, don't vote for them. And when you are in hospital stop acting like pricks. 

Even my sisters saying its great people showing support but when this is over it'll be straight back to people abusing them and giving them shit and whinging about the NHS

I haven't seen or heard of anyone saying the opposite whatsoever. Of course those saying "thanks but back us in other ways" is normal. I know enough people who work in the NHS and they are all grateful and hopeful we see a shift in general attitudes. 

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

going by the latest death figures that came out of both Italy and Spain today, 

it seems a few nations must be cooking the books in terms of their death rates?

Surely to god the Italians and Spanish arent all so weak that once they get this thing they drop like flies. How come the chinese didnt have as many die, and they eat live fucking animals ffs????

Just seen the Italy figure, over 900 in a day. That shows how nasty this thing is.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I haven't seen or heard of anyone saying the opposite whatsoever. Of course those saying "thanks but back us in other ways" is normal. I know enough people who work in the NHS and they are all grateful and hopefully we see a shift in general attitudes. 

But be contrary as usual. 

Wasn't there a doctor interviewed on Sky posted somewhere earlier saying they are not seeing the things that the top brass are saying they are providing?

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The Dutch one started on Facebook, I think, and the NHS one seems to be a direct copy of that by a Dutch yoga teacher living in London called Annemarie Plas. Her name in English is Annemarie Piss. 

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

Wasn't there a doctor interviewed on Sky posted somewhere earlier saying they are not seeing the things that the top brass are saying they are providing?

They have been saying it for weeks. Years in-fact. The government are fucking liars and cunts. They want the NHS to crumble because ultimately they want as much propaganda for them selling it up. 

The recognition last night wasn't anything to do with the government. of course people don't fucking take notice of that and just want to be contrary. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Cuomo during his presser said today that an infected patient could be on a ventilator for 20-30 days. 

He also said a normal patient would be on a ventilator for 3-4 days. 

If a patient is on a ventilator for 20+ days, would have imagine that they have no chance of recovery. 

Didn't think of that, so it could still be ongoing for a while at current levels over in Italy then. What a bastard of a virus.

6 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Yep, clapping out in the streets seems a bit lame for me personally.

Might be me being cynical but like alot of social media stuff seems more intended for those doing it than those it's for. How about throw a pound a week into a fund for them. 

As said, hot meals and just staying indoors would do far more good for them. 

I'm still having to work even with a stay home for 3vmonths letter as nobody from my HR has bothered to get back in touch and confirm about pay, though I fully expect them to say if you want to stay off do but we are not paying you. 

The roads where still fairly busy, the local DIY/Home and Garden store car park was nearly full. 

Fuck clapping stay inside and stop spreading this shit around instead. 

Same with all the people moaning about Ashley and that cunt that owns weatherspoons. A large number out clapping, will probably be standing in a weatherspoons pub garden moaning about A&E waiting times within a month of this ending. 

Nice gesture but do something that'll make a difference in the long run. 

• Upvote 2