Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 271 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

3 minutes ago, RedPaul said:

It's looking a bit grim sadly, over 1000 cases now and starting to rise more quickly. A lot of the initial cases were imports from travellers from Europe, the UK being one of the main exporters (why is the UK border STILL open??). So they banned travel from the UK and other high risk countries. Then a week later as cases have started to increase more rapidly and with evidence of local transmission, to be fair the government here has taken quick and very decisive measures to try and hopefully stem the spread. Whatever your politics, the president gave an authoritative and clearly explained speech which I feel has galvanisied the population to an extent. He showed true leadership in his words (unlike one or two others around the world I can think of...). There was no ambiguity, just clear, well-presented instructions. International air space is now closed.

We have started a proper full on lockdown here for 3 weeks ( I suspect it will be more), not even allowed out to parks and stuff. Only reason to leave is for food, medical and if you are an essential worker to keep the country running. It's scary though as obviously there are lots of high density settlements and a high % with HIV, a number of whom are not receiving treartment. If this virus gets into any of those groups it could start to get really grim. I'm here working and there is talk of an evac back home if the healthcare side of things gets overwhelmed. But there is little evidence of major panic buying. We went to the shop yesterday and very few people were buying excessively. Plus there was a queuing system and the elderly were given priority.

There has been some social media stuff which has turned a bit anti-european, we are receiving the blame for introducing the virus into the country. Hoping that that doesn't create any security issues here.

Anyway, look after yourselves back home and I am hoping that these lockdown measures here will have been in time to prevent a health crisis.

Look after yourself have relatives who keeping me informed. An option is to come home but at the minute no real difference. The difference as you say will be when the health service becomes overwhelmed. 

• Upvote 1

We are in a lockdown (sort of). Everyone must stay at home except for essentials and basic errands. Food shops and pharmacies will be open to over 65’s from 9-12 every morning and no one else. Over 65’s can only go at this time. That bit is clear and good. You are not allowed to be within 1.5m of anyone else. Also you can be fined €1,400 if you break the rules - also clear and good

The not so clear bit is the list of exclusions and how you prove to the police that you have one of them

Leaving home ("place of residence or stay, private residence") is allowed for the following purposes:

• Work,
  • Taking children to daycare,
  • Fulfilling medical needs,
  • Individual sports activities and recreational walks,
  • Weddings and funerals,
  • Shopping for groceries, medication, pet food, drugstore items, tobacco, and fuel,
  • Administrative procedures that require personal presence,
  • Walking pets and caring for animals,
  • Fulfilling parental rights and obligations,
  • Participating in religious activities,
  • Having haircuts and manicures,
  • Cleaning and hygienic services,
  • Car and bicycle repair services, 
  • Veterinary services,
  • Postal, shipping, banking, financial, and insurance services,
  • Providing assistance to those who are unable to take care of themselves

1 hour ago, Elite said:

My chest is a lot worse today, every deep breathe I feel a stabbing pain in the left side of my chest. I phoned 111 last night and they said it's a common symptom and it should pass.

A common symptom of what ? Flu ? . Certainly I would be trying to avoid going anywhere near a medical facility but your condition is worsening. Look what you have described could be minor or up to peumonia (or covid ) either way you cannot ignore symptoms getting worse. As an aside who manning the 111 ? Medically trained personnel not being critical just want to know 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Elite said:

How long did they take to go mate?

Headache went after about 10 days. I have had the cough almost two weeks, but its definitely clearing up. The pains were occassional and I still get the odd stab, but its definitely better than it was.

Was tired too. Not massively so, but more than usual. Good excuse for a nap.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elite said:

My chest is a lot worse today, every deep breathe I feel a stabbing pain in the left side of my chest. I phoned 111 last night and they said it's a common symptom and it should pass.

Fingers crossed this passes and you get back on the mend.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elite said:

So difficult to know what to do. I really need a course of intravenous antibiotics soon, ideally now, though I can drag it out a while before it’s anything critical. Who would volunteer to go anywhere near a hospital for treatment right now though, if it wasn’t an emergency admission? Tough needle to thread for everyone.

Good luck mate and if you don’t feel confident in that person’s advice or feel you’re getting worse, phone them back. You have just as much right to healthcare and support as anyone else. Don’t suffer unnecessarily.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, elvis said:

Hopefully that's because surgeries aren't opening as much and practice nurses wouldn't be in such demand ? If local palliative care team have been hit by the virus then this might explain the need for back-up

Oh that’s right but it’s to prepare for the extra numbers dying at home.

We will begin that conversation with our parents this weekend 

14 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

A common symptom of what ? Flu ? . Certainly I would be trying to avoid going anywhere near a medical facility but your condition is worsening. Look what you have described could be minor or up to peumonia (or covid ) either way you cannot ignore symptoms getting worse. As an aside who manning the 111 ? Medically trained personnel not being critical just want to know 

The person I spoke to said I have all the symptoms of Covid but unless you are really struggling to breathe or symptoms don't improve after 7 days they just say to take paracetamol/rest and it should ease in its own.  Not very reassuring I've got to be honest.

4 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

we are a proud and beautiful nation

Indeed.

Austria-Hungary was a proud and beautiful nation long before manicures.

Ask my Grandma and Grandad, who were born there - although it was Yugoslavia, unfortunately, by the time this shot was taken.

20200327_210109-1.jpg

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

The person I spoke to said I have all the symptoms of Covid but unless you are really struggling to breathe or symptoms don't improve after 7 days they just say to take paracetamol/rest and it should ease in its own.  Not very reassuring I've got to be honest.

Ok but watch how hard and painful your breathing gets . Don’t want you waiting for new Dyson ventilators to be on sale at currys that could be a while. Be careful. 

1 minute ago, skaro said:

Indeed.

Ask my Grandma and Grandad, who were born there - although it was Yugoslavia, unfortunately, by the time this shot was taken.

20200327_210109-1.jpg

Which is which?

Sorry, had to be done. I just couldn't resist. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skaro said:

Indeed.

20200327_210109-1.jpg

Your granddad is the spit of Wild Billy Childish 

BillCat.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skaro said:

Indeed.

20200327_210109-1.jpg

Nice boots grannie

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Which is which?

Sorry, had to be done. I just couldn't resist. 

Grannie had a fucking enviable moustache - Zapata eat your fucking heart out.

9 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

So difficult to know what to do. I really need a course of intravenous antibiotics soon, ideally now, though I can drag it out a while before it’s anything critical. Who would volunteer to go anywhere near a hospital for treatment right now though, if it wasn’t an emergency admission? Tough needle to thread for everyone.

Good luck mate and if you don’t feel confident in that person’s advice or feel you’re getting worse, phone them back. You have just as much right to healthcare and support as anyone else. Don’t suffer unnecessarily.

It's a tough one mate. The chest pain appears to be a very common symptom, if things don't improve in the next few days I'll phone back, even quicker if it gets worse.

As for you, stay well away. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

It's a tough one mate. The chest pain appears to be a very common symptom, if things don't improve in the next few days I'll phone back, even quicker if it gets worse.

Good man.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, skaro said:

Indeed.

20200327_210109-1.jpg

Hat, moustache and a fag on even when his picture's taken - you're grandad looks like a legend. The slightly disheveled collar only adds to the charm.

Really hoping I age like that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Elite said:

As for you, stay well away. 

Have you had a temperature?

My lungs felt like I'd been smoking 60 a day and they still feel like 20 a day, but it's getting better.

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

Have you had a temperature?

My lungs felt like I'd been smoking 60 a day and they still feel like 20 a day, but it's getting better.

I tend to get a temperature through the night but it eases with paracetamol.

36 minutes ago, M_B said:

Headache went after about 10 days. I have had the cough almost two weeks, but its definitely clearing up. The pains were occassional and I still get the odd stab, but its definitely better than it was.

Was tired too. Not massively so, but more than usual. Good excuse for a nap.

Had all of that for the last two weeks. Just started to get some energy back and be able to breathe properly without coughing. No fever at all though. Mrs is starting to feel crappy now, and her having asthma doesn't help.

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Had all of that for the last two weeks. Just started to get some energy back and be able to breathe properly without coughing. No fever at all though. Mrs is starting to feel crappy now, and her having asthma doesn't help.

Yeah I didn't get a fever either.

Dodgy stomach on occasion, but I put that down to the local takeaway.