Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 264 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

True. There's going to be one hell of a pick up after this though. Imagine the first week pubs and restaurants are open.

We are all going to die of alcohol poisoning, overdoses and syphilis. 

Only came on here to post a twitter thread for all graph fans but got distracted by @Bjornebye US sitcoms threads which have caused me more stress and anxiety than Covid-19. 

Anyway:

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Purposely?

Yes.

Some other fella did it in a workers face and has been arrested.

The Department of Justice affirmed Wednesday that people who intentionally spread the novel coronavirus could be charged with terrorism.
Officials across the states are taking threats of spreading coronavirus seriously. Earlier this week, a New Jersey man who police said purposely coughed on a grocery store employee and said he had coronavirus was charged with making "terroristic threats."

Some interesting opinions in the FT.  Can't say I wholly agree - Johnson and the Tories are just fireproof cunts who get stronger the more they fuck up and the more damage they do - but there are some interesting thoughts here.

https://www.ft.com/content/21672cd6-6ce4-11ea-9bca-bf503995cd6f?fbclid=IwAR1V2X50_TfYsReRvi6sZJRsfRtKXq1NSL3QJpdoCx9RtQEOOP7IQdrzMUA

[Not sure why, but it's not letting me copy and paste the actual text.]

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

You are gonna have to hope it goes tits up in middle America then cuz right now it is concentrated almost entirely in Dem strongholds (CA, NY, Seattle) places Trump hates and his supporters hate even more.

Obviously I'm not going to hope that but I can't see his economy obsession going too well without the states you mentioned and it might only be a matter of time for many of those other states too. Can't see how it's going to go well elsewhere without locking down.

Glad you're back out of hospital as well @Pistonbroke and hope things end up being ok with your other tests.

Two things on the self employed thing. 

You'd be pretty pissed off if you've been fiddling your tax returns for the past 4 or 5 years. Unlucky. 

Also, isn't there an incentive for most self employed people to claim this support whether they really need it or not? Sunak confirmed that self employed people's taxes will go up to pay for this. You'd like to think that most people would do the right thing, but will everybody want to pay for a scheme that they haven't used themselves? 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-trump-border-coronavirus-1.5510853

The Yanks thinking aboot sending troops near the Canadian border.

FUCK YOU YANKEE BASTARDS WE ABSOLUTELY ROUTED YOU IN THE WAR OF 1812 AND WILL SEND YOU PACKING AGAIN. BE PREPARED TO BE BAYONETTED BY HOCKEY STICKS AND DIE IN PONDS OF MAPLE SYRUP. LIKE THE GERMAN ARMY AT STALINGRAD YOU WILL FREEZE AND DIE.  

• Upvote 5

Just seen the NHS advert starring Chris Whitty. I’ve only ever listened to him on the radio so it’s the first time I’ve seen him. I’m not having that he’s human. He’s definitely an alien wearing human skin.

36 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yes.

Some other fella did it in a workers face and has been arrested.

The Department of Justice affirmed Wednesday that people who intentionally spread the novel coronavirus could be charged with terrorism.
Officials across the states are taking threats of spreading coronavirus seriously. Earlier this week, a New Jersey man who police said purposely coughed on a grocery store employee and said he had coronavirus was charged with making "terroristic threats."

People are mental. 

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

People are mental. 

Tell me about, some fella from Canada was just trying to take on the US Army with a bunch of northerners hopped up on Nyquil and seltzer.

10 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

FUCK YOU YANKEE BASTARDS WE ABSOLUTELY ROUTED YOU IN THE WAR OF 1812 AND WILL SEND YOU PACKING AGAIN. BE PREPARED TO BE BAYONETTED BY HOCKEY STICKS AND DIE IN PONDS OF MAPLE SYRUP. LIKE THE GERMAN ARMY AT STALINGRAD YOU WILL FREEZE AND DIE.  

Escaping Canada to go to the USA seems like a stupid and suicidal thing to do right now

• Upvote 1

I’m not sure what’s more unbelievable - that Barca asked players to take a wage cut or that they said no?

459A67DF-6044-44E7-9650-10BDDA97F2B4.jpeg

51 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Any self employed here? Happy with what Sunak announced?

I only started showing a profit this year so it provides me with absolutely fuck all. 

Depending on how this goes the little bit of savings I had built up are probably going to vanish fairly sharpish. 

3 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Escaping North Korea/Nicaragua/South Somalia/Syria/Thatto Heath to go to the USA seems like a stupid and suicidal thing to do right now

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Escaping Canada to go to the USA seems like a stupid and suicidal thing to do right now

NHL Hockey teams have been doing it for years.

TAKE THAT HOSERS!!

28 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

How is it where you are, brother? Everything is shut down in all but name in Ottawa.