Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 253 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Just opened the windows for the first time in months and within two minutes a massive Bluebottle flew in.....Wish they would invent a virus that kills these dirty fuckers off 

Ca15TWbWwAAdgPC?format=jpg&name=small

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, TK421 said:

I don't usually post here because I hate everyone.  But this Oxford University study is very easy to debunk.  If 50% of the UK population had been infected you would expect this to show in the results on those that have already been tested.  As of yesterday approximately 90,000 people had been tested in the UK. If 50% were infected then you'd expect around 45,000 confirmed cases, but we're currently on about 8,000.  Oxford University are talking shit, in my opinion. 

As has been shown here in Aotearoa, the testing kits are not 100% accurate.

1/4 of the worlds population is in isolation. 

Unbelievable figure.

Once this is all sorted, the rest of the world really need to tell China to sort their (bat / snake / dog) shit out. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Red Shift said:

As has been shown here in Aotearoa, the testing kits are not 100% accurate.

Nevertheless, it would still be >8,000 positive if 50% of those tested were infected.  Say, for example, only 75% tests were accurate. You'd expect something like 30,000 or thereabouts.  8,000 is miles out if Oxford University are correct (they're not).

I don't get that Oxford study either. It's interesting but wouldn't looking at the rate of health services being overrun and the amount of deaths there as well completely debunk it on its own? If not, how? How can they look at Italy and still think it's a virus that might have a vastly reduced death rate than we thought? Looking forward to seeing how it goes anyway and what the results are.

36 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Once this is all sorted, the rest of the world really need to tell China to sort their (bat / snake / dog) shit out. 

Was the Americans according to them.

17 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I don't get that Oxford study either. It's interesting but wouldn't looking at the rate of health services being overrun and the amount of deaths there as well completely debunk it on its own? If not, how? How can they look at Italy and still think it's a virus that might have a vastly reduced death rate than we thought? Looking forward to seeing how it goes anyway and what the results are.

Even if the hospitalisation rate was 1% the health service would be swamped if 50% had it.  It just has to be bollocks, and is wildly irresponsible.  Find the proof first before telling 50% of the population they're probably immune.  Just so dangerous throwing figures like that around based on a statistical model. Some models are good, some are bad. I would suggest this one falls into the latter category. 

• Upvote 1

Wow. Kuntberg just asked a fairly difficult question. Boris must have waited more than 30 seconds before replying to her gash shot earlier. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Wow. Kuntberg just asked a fairly difficult question. Boris must have waited more than 30 seconds before replying to her gash shot earlier. 

Yip good question answer a rambling mess then passes the testing question over to scientist. 

And there you go he brings up Oxford report .

Chris Whitty completing rolling back on PHE’s message re:antibody tests being available in days

2 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Chris Whitty completing rolling back on PHE’s message re:antibody tests being available in days

Him, Patrick Vallance and Boris Johnson should all be sacked immediately. Their approach has been tantamount to wilfully slaughtering their own citizens, in my opinion.  Put Rory Stewart in charge, he seems to have a working brain. 

“we’ve bought 3.5 million test kits but we don’t know if they work yet”

what the fuck?

Just now, clockspeed said:

Any word UK ?

11 so far. I think they do the Welsh/Scottish numbers first, then release the figures for England after our illustrious leader has finished with his daily fibs.