You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Because you are still trying to justify your 'embarrassing' shite. Can you admit you got that wrong by saying people will be embarrassed? 

Posting about the economic impact of a lockdown-inspired recession has nothing to do with my thus far accurate prediction about the number of UK deaths.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Posting about the economic impact of a lockdown-inspired recession has nothing to do with my thus far accurate prediction about the number of UK deaths.

You haven't made an accurate prediction. Should people still be embarrassed? Are people going to be embarrassed for over-reacting? Answer the question you coward. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You haven't made an accurate prediction. Should people still be embarrassed? Are people going to be embarrassed for over-reacting? Answer the question you coward. 

You should just be embarrassed for posting anything tbh.

I've seen nothing that would make me alter anything I've ever said about anything.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

What accurate prediction? That there'd be 335 deaths yesterday and 420-odd today?

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

You should just be embarrassed for posting anything tbh.

I've seen nothing that would make me alter anything I've ever said about anything.

Haha you fucking shitbag. I bet you lie to yourself in the mirror and all. 

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

What accurate prediction? That there'd be 335 deaths yesterday and 420-odd today?

Yep he made accurate predictions about it that he actually didnt but thinks he did because he got once a merit point for not eating his crayons in school. 

5 minutes ago, Mudface said:

That the coronavirus would be no more deadly than a bad flu outbreak.

The first week of 2015 we had 15,000 deaths. Get back to me if we exceed that at any point.

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Personally speaking, I'm not in favour of just letting loads of people fall ill and/or die to avoid a rather specific future economic downturn which is not even certain to happen. 

Mainly because I'm not a sociopathic, callous turd. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The first week of 2015 we had 15,000 deaths from flu. Get back to me if we exceed that at any point.

Can you back that up? 

KFC has become the latest high street restaurant to announce it would be shutting down stores completely.

The chain joins Subway, McDonald's, Greggs and Nando's in shutting down all operations as a result of the pandemic.

Subway said its branches will shut by 5pm, Monday, while McDonald's will close at 7pm. Greggs said they would close tonight and not open tomorrow.

"We've decided, together with our franchise partners, to begin closing our restaurants to help protect the wellbeing and safety of our teams and of our guests," KFC said in a statement.

"Restaurants will begin closing from now. They will all close by Wednesday 25th March until further notice.

"It's not a decision we've taken lightly, but it's in the best interests of both incredible teams and all the fans that love our chicken."

5 minutes ago, davelfc said:

KFC has become the latest high street restaurant to announce it would be shutting down stores completely.

Is there a Chicken Cottage, Dixy Chicken, Raja’s or Homer Chicken that could step up as venue?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The first week of 2015 we had 15,000 deaths from flu. Get back to me if we exceed that at any point.

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Can you back that up? 

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You've quoted me before my amendment. I have already fixed it.

You haven't amended it (another lie) and can you back it up? Show me a fact that says we had exactly 15000 deaths caused by flu in the first week of 2015. And by 'we' who are 'we'? Humanity? The UK? Wallasey? Your Warhammer friends? 

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The first week of 2015 we had 15,000 deaths. Get back to me if we exceed that at any point.

2015 was a particularly bad year though with a largely ineffective vaccine. We had under 1700 deaths last year with a much 'better' vaccine used.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/07/number-deaths-england-wales-12-year-high-life-expectancy

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-compare-influenza/

27 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Anyone watching Sky News?

The Belgians are hardcore.

Police patrolling the streets during their lockdown.

They cautioned a woman sitting on some stairs in a public place for reading a book. She's likely to get fined.

Fines are €350 and a possible 3 months in jail.

Fucking hell.

Probably paying for this woman's Leffe and Chocolates 

Screenshot_20200324-132526_Twitter.jpg