You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to suggest here. I'd imagine similar exercises and scenarios are simulated on a regular basis to try and improve preparedness for when this kind happens. If there was anything nefarious occurring, I doubt they'd invite media to the event and publish extensive videos of it...

I wasn't trying to suggest anything other than it being a freak coincidence, and did mention that in the post. The main thing I'm getting at is that those making theories out of this are going to be pointing to that event and probably will be doing for a long time. Have seen theories about Bill Gates trying to "depopulate" the planet with vaccines over the years too so this is likely to attract the same people, especially those saying that he's going to be behind the eventual vaccine I suppose.

The outlet Zerohedge got banned off twitter for something connected to this too, and they had quite a big following I think. Stuff like this is probably to be expected though when it's something that's going to affect people all over the world. It's not like an isolated event so theorists from all over the place will be adding their stuff to it and we're likely to see some really crazy shit being thought up as this goes on.

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's more the case that events that aren't really connected or that close to each other get lines drawn between them by people desperate to find some sort of pattern.

It's the equivalent of suspecting arson because a building catches fire within 7 days of its last weekly fire alarm test.

Like I said, I'm not believing any of this stuff, was pointing out how much of a freak coincidence I think it is. I know a lot of people might think it's normal, but I doubt there were many event scenarios for coronavirus that could kill so many millions being ran by such well known people/groups in the weeks leading up to this.

But that's not me suspecting anything which I have to keep pointing out. Instead I'm trying to say that it's why those that do believe stuff like this aren't going to be letting it go so easily.

I'm sure there's a more than remote chance that I could get it myself as this goes on, as could seveal of us if it gets so bad. So there's no way I'm going to be believing a ton of theories connected to it. Probably won't help my state of mind so much if I'm trying to recover and also going mental about how Bill Gates started it all to kill us off.

I've struggled enough with normal flu in the past (physically and mentally), so the idea of coronavirus + dealing with several connected conspiracy theories isn't something I'm interested in at all.

6 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I see the first case here in Dublin confirmed yesterday is from a school skiing trip to northern Italy last week with some posh school. 

Can someone explain to me what kind of wanker parent would send their child skiing to a place where this virus is rather prevalent? 

All these little posh wankers going off skiing in their midterm break and bringing it back. Surely to fuck, a sensible parent would say. "ok Johnny, we paid for your school trip, but for the sake of yourself, your family, and the whole fucking country, we'll keep you at home this time" 

Is that not common sense? 

Now the funny thing is, this school is now closed for 2 weeks while the teenagers that where on this trip, "self isolate" 

Oh yeah, because those ever responsible teenagers, now with 2 weeks off school are really going to stay in their bedrooms aren't they. 

Can we not just stop all flights, in and out of effected regions, is it really that difficult to do this? 

It's an irish school in Glasnevin, hardly a posh school. Most schools have been doing these trips for years and nobody knew at the time. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

It's an irish school in Glasnevin, hardly a posh school. Most schools have been doing these trips for years and nobody knew at the time. 

Nobody knew two weeks ago about coronavirus in that region? Pull the other one Robbie. You'd need to have been in a coma not to know. 

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

Nobody knew two weeks ago about coronavirus in that region? Pull the other one Robbie. You'd need to have been in a coma not to know. 

It was only that week when it became evident from Italy.

4 hours ago, RobbieOR said:

See Stig’s old stomping ground in Rainhill, which is no doubt infested.

7 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Ryanair are starting to cancel flights. 

Including mine back from Rome to Manchester in a few weeks time. So, I'm in a position in which I can get to Rome (Easyjet to Naples then high-speed train to Rome) but might struggle to get back home. 

Bad Coronavirus knobhead. 

Quite possibly not going to Rome is the way forward, you soon-to-be virus carrying twat.

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm a little bit relieved, to be honest!

Just need to see if Airbnb's extenuating circumstances refund policy applies to cancelled travel from your destination, not just to it.

Just email them and say "I'm not coming anymore coz you've all got bat-aids now give me my money back you fountain shagging cunts"