You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

23 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Apparently loads of workers are still having to go unpaid leave as the 80% is based on business paying those wages back to government. Fucking pointless scheme then.

Where did you get this from?

The wages cover, which relates to gross pay, will be backdated to the start of March and last for three months, but Mr Sunak said he would extend the scheme for longer "if necessary".

The scheme, which will be run by HMRC, is expected to make the first grants to businesses "within weeks", a Treasury spokeswoman said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51982005

Just now, davelfc said:

The wages cover, which relates to gross pay, will be backdated to the start of March and last for three months, but Mr Sunak said he would extend the scheme for longer "if necessary".

The scheme, which will be run by HMRC, is expected to make the first grants to businesses "within weeks", a Treasury spokeswoman said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51982005

So a grant it is then

I wish people would stop making unsubstantiated claims. Its a bit like whoever the fool was who said they were going to pile bodies in the conwy tunnell. What makes people say this shit when there is no way to prove it?

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Apparently loads of workers are still having to go unpaid leave as the 80% is based on business paying those wages back to government. Fucking pointless scheme then.

And Sophie Fucking Ridge was giving Corbyn shit this morning because McDonnel had said they hadn’t gone far enough and fast enough. When are these wankers going to accept that as a government responsible for their population, they are going to have to bite the bullet and step in and pay a good proportion of people’s wages. No loans. No payback scheme. Just responsibility for their citizens. And that includes self-employed and zero hours workers.

I can’t believe we are still talking about something that should have been settled at least a month ago.

Just now, Anubis said:

And Sophie Fucking Ridge was giving Corbyn shit this morning because McDonnel had said they hadn’t gone far enough and fast enough. When are these vintage going to accept that as the government responsible for their population, they are going to have to bite the bullet and step in and pay A good proportion of people’s wages. No loans. No payback scheme. Just responsibility for their citizens. And that includes self-employed and zero hours workers.

Its a grant

I reckon we'll have riots if any sort of isolation is enforced. 

Proper ructions going on on my social media today. My mate is a retail manager and is losing it big time at anybody who's criticising supermarkets. He's acting like he's co-ordinating the campaign to feed the whole of Britain. Decent lad, but he's a acting like a tosspiece. 

I wonder if we'd have been calling people cunts online if social media was around during the blitz? 

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah but again if you don’t go near anybody how will you catch it? I’m not being facetious I’m just asking a question, how far can it travel airborne? Is it the two metres they’re peddling? If so that should be easy enough if you’re careful.

They say one and a half metres from a cough.

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I reckon we'll have riots if any sort of isolation is enforced. 

Proper ructions going on on my social media today. My mate is a retail manager and is losing it big time at anybody who's criticising supermarkets. He's acting like he's co-ordinating the campaign to feed the whole of Britain. Decent lad, but he's a acting like a tosspiece. 

I wonder if we'd have been calling people cunts online if social media was around during the blitz? 

I agree, expecting people to sit in the house for three months simply isn’t going to happen.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Once accidentally booked me and herself in to Gullivers World’s pirate themed hotel, after being taken by the blatant false advertising. It was advertised a boutique, with no mention of the shite theme park and certainly no fucking pirates!

We were away for a night away from the kids and this was our room...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYq5nSSL51rmG2t7jSNDI

Needless to say my quick thinking and asking her to act out my scullery maid and Captain fantasy fell on deaf ears, as did everything i said for the next couple of days.

Wrote a strongly worded email to trading standards and got the to remove the misleading pictures from their websites, but alas it the wife never did ‘shiver me timbers’.

That’ll be your Lilliputian junk that left her cold

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

Its a grant

If that’s the case then fine. Should have checked as 1892 has been a bit hysterical about it. 

Still a month late though. And still needs to include self-employed and gig-economy/zero hours workers.

• Upvote 1