You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

The stupidity of our response is best summed up by a quick visit to the judicial system last week.

In the criminal judicial system, the Friday beforehand had seen a Scotland suspend jury trials for the foreseeable future as they don’t want large numbers of jurors mixing together in either the jury pool room or retiring room, or sat next to each other in court. Just under a week later England & Wales follow suit, but only suspend jury trials over three days, so you’ll STILL have jurors mixing for three days. Utter fucking stupidity.

Add to that they won’t put hand sanitiser in courts and the advice is visit the toilet facilities and wash your hands. It’s fucking mad. It’s not about public health. It’s all about saving money.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

Earthquake in Zagreb. That's what we need now.

https://www.jutarnji.hr/vijesti/zagreb/potres-magnitude-53-po-richteru-pogodio-zagreb/10120387/

Ground is still shaking every once in a while. A lot of damaged cars, major scare at 6:30, surreal scenes, people standing in the streets with masks or sitting in their cars in car parks, major panic, then it began to snow briefly, really the end of days feel. One person critical. Really, really last thing you need in all this is, hopefully that was it.

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You're asking me "am I disappointed that X happened", which contains an implicit assertion that X has happened. It's a loaded question.

Probably best you keep out of this thread for a while. 

Just now, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Just heard Robert Jenrick on Sky News saying it's ok for families to go to the park.

These mixed messages are doing my fucking head in.

Stay home, eat fruit and veg as much as you can, keep the home ventilated, try and exercise. That’s the obvious thing to do. I’m sure going for a walk is fine provided you aren’t going into crowds of people. There shouldn’t be any crowds of people. Still we’ve got the thick brigade who have already no doubt made this worse and will continue to do so. 

The worst place to come out of this will be Africa. The next 12 months will be very very grim over there. It’s horrible. The whole thing is awful. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The worst place to come out of this will be Africa. The next 12 months will be very very grim over there. It’s horrible. The whole thing is awful. 

Will be brutal over there given the conditions and the poverty they live in.

I posted yesterday I fear for the people living in the townships in South Africa once Corona hits them.

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Will be brutal over there given the conditions and the poverty they live in.

I posted yesterday I fear for the people living in the townships in South Africa once Corona hits them.

Spot on mate. Big pharma will make a fortune though 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Stay home, eat fruit and veg as much as you can, keep the home ventilated, try and exercise. That’s the obvious thing to do. I’m sure going for a walk is fine provided you aren’t going into crowds of people. There shouldn’t be any crowds of people. Still we’ve got the thick brigade who have already no doubt made this worse and will continue to do so. 

Surely what is going on in supermarkets is totally counter to self isolation. It's bizarre.

8 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

JC was on Sophie Ridge this morning but I only caught the last couple of minutes. Anyone see it ? What he have to say ? 

She basically had a go at him because McConnell had said Rishak hadn’t gone far enough or fast enough for self employed. Then at the end had commentary from some bloke who at least pointed out that they had a point about the self-employed and zero hour contract employees. Was also accused of making political capital because he pointed out what 10 years of austerity has done for our preparedness.