Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Lockdown saved lives. Masks saved lives. Vaccines saved lives. 
 

Perfect solution? No of course not and some people have suffered as a result which is horrible. 
 

By and large though ….. 
 

Anyone who can’t see that is a fucking blert. 

 

There's no arguments from me about the past, what was done was done in the heat of the moment. But now is the time for reflection, even though its far from over. It's ALL about doing it better in future and not blindly thinking that everything gone before was perfectly valid. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

 

There's no arguments from me about the past, what was done was done in the heat of the moment. But now is the time for reflection, even though its far from over. It's ALL about doing it better in future and not blindly thinking that everything gone before was perfectly valid. 

If you read what I said mate you’ll see that I agree 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

 

There's no arguments from me about the past, what was done was done in the heat of the moment. But now is the time for reflection, even though its far from over. It's ALL about doing it better in future and not blindly thinking that everything gone before was perfectly valid. 

Yea man.

 

TBH that is going to have to be done by individual countries and maybe at an even more local level to do much good in the future.

Unfortunately the ruling parties of most countries are not really big on introspection and even less excited to admit any kind of failure.

 

The flip side is also true you will admit. Alot of stuff that was done was perfectly valid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

 

The study mentioned viral transmission in passing once.

I do not know a single scientist who would suggest Covid's viral transmission mechanisms were not massively impacted by lockdowns - in fact you don't either as you just mentioned only a fool. So either that part of the conclusion is a bit iffy or the authors are fools.

 

 

 

I wrote something I don't really want to post cos I was a bit cuntish. So I'll just delete it. 

 

Man enough to admit when I'm a twat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea man.

 

TBH that is going to have to be done by individual countries and maybe at an even more local level to do much good in the future.

Unfortunately the ruling parties of most countries are not really big on introspection and even less excited to admit any kind of failure.

 

The flip side is also true you will admit. Alot of stuff that was done was perfectly valid.

 

Agree. Introspection is not in the vernacular of Western governments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is becoming increasinlgy clear that you may not have read the article you posted.

3 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

 

That's a lot of words to say nothing. I've read it 3 times and I still can't deciper what it means. 

 

I can't see anyone arguing against the point that disease doesn't spread if everyone isolates. Can you point me to that, if that's what you're implying? 

 

Too late for the dlete - the internet is forever.

 

It is in the conclusion of the article you posted - which you apparently read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

 

I wrote something I don't really want to post cos I was a bit cuntish. So I'll just delete it. 

 

Man enough to admit when I'm a twat. 

You’re not a twat lad. Your missus had a tough ride and you’re rightly questioning things. The difference between you and select others on here is you present a case and acknowledge other people’s stuff instead of being a cunt like some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is becoming increasinlgy clear that you may not have read the article you posted.

Too late for the dlete - the internet is forever.

 

It is in the conclusion of the article you posted - which you apparently read.

 

Misrepresenting reality isn't clever. Assumptions are the basis of all scientific study. It's why people use the term "assumption" to challenge others to investigate. Even the greatest scientific research use "assumptions" so not to cement a fact that can change with better evidence. However your using "assumptions" in place of "guessing". You think you're being clever when in fact you're being disingenuous. 

 

I'll leave it there. Hardliners never change, the opposite of a rolling stone gathering no moss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

 

Misrepresenting reality isn't clever. Assumptions are the basis of all scientific study. It's why people use the term "assumption" to challenge others to investigate. Even the greatest scientific research use "assumptions" so not to cement a fact that can change with better evidence. However your using "assumptions" in place of "guessing". You think you're being clever when in fact you're being disingenuous. 

 

I'll leave it there. Hardliners never change, the opposite of a rolling stone gathering no moss.

Now I am the one who has no idea what you are talking about. 

 

Here is the statement from the conclusion of the study:

While our understanding of viral transmission mechanisms leads to the assumption that lockdowns may be an effective pandemic management tool, this assumption cannot be supported by the evidence-based analysis of the present COVID-19 pandemic.

 

Here is the question you asked:

 

I can't see anyone arguing against the point that disease doesn't spread if everyone isolates. Can you point me to that, if that's what you're implying? 

 

 

So I referred you back to the study you posted and suggested it is ridiculous to make that statement re: transmission. As you did in a previous post.

 

Not sure what assumptions I have made, much less clever ones.

How am I a hardliner?

You have absolutely no idea what my beliefs are.

 

You posted a study to support an opinion you have already formed.

It is imo amateur, biased trash. I pointed that out by going through it.

That is not a reflection on you, or the idea that there needs to be a better understanding of 

any ramifications of further global health catastrophes going forward.

Your reaction seems a little entrenched tbh.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I'm on for round 2 by the looks of things.

Good luck mate, shoulders back get out there and smash it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pidge said:

I'm on for round 2 by the looks of things.

There's some sort of 'Super Cold' going around at the moment which I've had for a week, all the hall marks of Covid, Temperature/sweating, aches, Coughing, Sore Throat, Headaches, runny/blocked nose, lethargic and sleeping loads.

 

Tested 4 times this week and negative for Covid each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×