You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The point of the vaccines is to get us out of lockdown without the appalling death rates we saw in 2020.

Howie has also said the same and I acknowledge that. It absolutely helped the health services from collapse. I've never argued against that point. 

33 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

B: It only turned out to be 99.95% effective.

It is easy to put this into perspective for the UK (one of the highest vaccine rates in the world) if you like.

50 odd million folks have been vaccinated at least once. 181,000 deaths.

That is more like 99.97%.

That is assuming everyone who died in the UK was vaccinated at least once. The reality is that is not the case so the percentage is actually higher.

Higher than 99.97% efficacy for death.

Still not 100% though, right?

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

It is easy to put this into perspective for the UK (one of the highest vaccine rates in the world) if you like.

50 odd million folks have been vaccinated at least once. 181,000 deaths.

That is more like 99.97%.

That is assuming everyone who died in the UK was vaccinated at least once. The reality is that is not the case so the percentage is actually higher.

Higher than 99.97% efficacy for death.

Still not 100% though, right?

lol

On 11/07/2022 at 14:49, Pureblood said:

I honestly have no desire to be here but I don't get where you're coming from with this.  A real discussion forum would welcome all views, instead you lose your shit and discriminate against me merely for holding different views.  

You've been brainwashed into accepting only one point of view, there's some reality for you. 

If you "honestly have no desire to be here", why do you keep coming back? That's a genuine question as it appears you're back again after 'leaving' less than a week ago.

Just now, Carradona said:

If you "honestly have no desire to be here", why do you keep coming back? That's a genuine question as it appears you're back again after 'leaving' less than a week ago.

I've already explained, someone asked me a question so I answered it and then had an uncontrollable memegasm.  It's Red Shift's fault.

Anyway, it's none of your business if I'm here or not.  Don't like what I have to say, check out @Jennings video for useful guidance.

Can't explain vaccine deaths?  Just call it "SADS".

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/what-is-sads-healthy-young-people-dying-from-sudden-adult-death-syndrome/TIOAK4SYPF5LFSKP5QZCVG23IM/

What is Sads? Healthy young people dying from Sudden Adult Death Syndrome

Young people with a particular family history are being urged to get their hearts screened even if they are fit and healthy, as they could be at risk of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome.

Also known as Sudden Arrhythmic Death Syndrome (Sads), it is an "umbrella term to describe unexpected deaths in young people", usually under 40, when a post-mortem examination can find no obvious cause of death, according to the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).

Melbourne's Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute is developing the Australia's first Sads registry, which it hopes to eventually roll out across the country.

"All you know is it wasn't drugs, suicide, trauma or heart attack," Paratz said. "You're still left wondering what it was."

11 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

My Ma had something recently, wiped her out (and she is rarely ill) she was unwell for about 3 weeks. She tested negative throughout. 

She may have had RSV. Respiratory Syncytial Virus. It’s raging thru NZ where I live. Supposedly only puts kids in hospital, but I got it bad & it shattered me for about a month. Same symptoms as covid. Lots of really old folks have died here from it.

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

If only SADS hadn't been around for years and predated Coronavirus (and it's vaccines) by decades.

SIDS (Cot Death) and SADS (Effectively Adult Cot Death) has been around for ages.

No one died before the vaccines! 

11 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

If only SADS hadn't been around for years and predated Coronavirus (and it's vaccines) by decades.

SIDS (Cot Death) and SADS (Effectively Adult Cot Death) has been around for ages.

Yeah, no relationship between rolling out the vaccine, then asking young people to get their hearts checked and putting defibrillators everywhere.  It's just all perfectly normal behaviour.

• Downvote 3

The first closed-chest defibrillation was successfully performed on a dog in 1954 by William Kouwenhoven and William Milnor, a process improved upon by Paul Zoll, who performed the first closed-chest defibrillation on a human in 1956. The modern AED was invented in 1978.

f89.gif

12 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Yep. A young lad who came to the match with me and my mates whenever there was a spare ticket died with this about 15 years ago. 

His ma heard a bang while he was upstairs on his computer and shouted up to tell him to stop making noise and the bang was actually him falling from his chair, dead. Madness. 

Pureloon won’t acknowledge this though. Or that there was a pre-Covid drive to make defibrillators more readily available in public places. 

That’s why people think he’s a crank. He’s so divorced from reality and is effectively a conspiracy theorist. 

I acknowledge SADS or whatever you want to call it existed before Covid vaccines.

There just seems to be a trifle more of it around these days, I wonder what could be causing it, maybe something changed before then and now. 

But whatever, it's just mild myocarditis or something. 

• Downvote 1

Lot's of us are probably slap bang in the target demographic for SADS, It affects more males than females and is a by product of hereditary heart conditions.

Luckily (or maybe not) it's relatively rare so we're more likely to die of the primary disease instead of this.

I imagine what changed was Covid.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00403-0#:~:text=Troubled hearts&text=The risk of heart failure,19 group per 1%2C000 studied.

People who had recovered from COVID-19 showed stark increases in 20 cardiovascular problems over the year after infection. For example, they were 52% more likely to have had a stroke than the contemporary control group, meaning that, out of every 1,000 people studied, there were around 4 more people in the COVID-19 group than in the control group who experienced stroke.

The risk of heart failure increased by 72%, or around 12 more people in the COVID-19 group per 1,000 studied. Hospitalization increased the likelihood of future cardiovascular complications, but even people who avoided hospitalization were at higher risk for many conditions.

Just now, TD_LFC said:

Lot's of us are probably slap bang in the target demographic for SADS, It affects more males than females and is a by product of hereditary heart conditions.

Luckily (or maybe not) it's relatively rare so we're more likely to die of the primary disease instead of this.

Not so rare nowadays is it, though.  Google "died suddenly" and click on the news tab, they're dropping everywhere.

But it's probably just climate change or too much shoveling snow from their drives or something, I doubt any of those people died because they were given multiple doses of an experimental medical product known to inflame the heart and cause clotting. 

• Downvote 1