You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/rest-of-the-world-news/italy-confirms-first-death-from-coronavirus-towns-under-lockdown.html

An elderly Italian man infected with a deadly coronavirus outbreak died on February 21, becoming the first European death linked to the virulent virus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Italy

An ongoing worldwide pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), a novel infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), was first confirmed to have spread to Italy on 31 January 2020, when two Chinese tourists in Rome tested positive for the virus. One week later an Italian man repatriated back to Italy from the city of Wuhan, China, was hospitalised and confirmed as the third case in Italy. A cluster of cases was later detected, starting with 16 confirmed cases in Lombardy on 21 February, and 60 additional cases and first deaths on 22 February.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/italy-confirms-first-death-from-coronavirus/1741337

Italy confirmed its first death from the coronavirus, hours after 10 towns were locked down following a flurry of new cases, local media reported Saturday.

A 78-year-old man died Friday evening, according to the ANSA news agency which cited Veneto regional president Luca Zaia.

The retiree received treatment at the hospital for 10 days, Zaia added. He was one of two people in the northern region to have been infected.

The friday was the 21st. 

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

We were never following those figures. The Italy column begins from the date of the first death. The UK column begins two days after the date of the first death. The UK column has been shunted down for no apparent reason, it's extremely misleading, doubtless whoever created it has an agenda to push.

We're 16 days after the first death here (5 Mar to 21 Mar), and we're up to 233. After 16 days (22 Feb to 9 Mar) Italy was up to 463.

Why don't you do a similar table so people can see for themselves .

Serious request .

I like to see things 

1 minute ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Sky News just shown people enjoying themselves just walking around in a packed Battersea Park eating ice cream, with no social distancing.

Dumb cunts.

Great stuff.

Nurses working 48 hour shifts and having to eat their own toes when they get home because Mr and Mrs Cuntface have bought two new freezers and five months worth of food to fill it, whilst banter Barry and his gang of top LADS are putting two fingers up the government and having a messy one in the town centre.

The British population covering itself in glory. Well, not glory exactly. More a putrid stench of excruciating cuntery.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

We’ve just had our Morrison’s delivery, 90% of the stuff arrived and all my beer was fine.  Although I feel like shite and won’t be drinking for a while.  

Good stuff.

I've got a Tesco delivery coming tomorrow. If I get 90%, I'll be very happy.

I've order a few extra bits of longer life products (not gone overboard) as fuck knows what next week is going to be like.

9 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Sky News just shown people enjoying themselves just walking around in a packed Battersea Park eating ice cream, with no social distancing and without a care in the fucking world.

Dumb fucking cunts.

It's just depressing. The people out and about are - by and large - not the ones who'll suffer, and they know it.

1 minute ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Good stuff.

I've got a Tesco delivery coming tomorrow. If I get 90%, I'll be very happy.

I've order a few extra bits of longer life products (not gone overboard) as fuck knows what next week is going to be like.

My wife had started a Brexit larder in the garage with loads of tins and long life stuff so ours was mainly meat and veg. And Peroni.  

11 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Sky News just shown people enjoying themselves just walking around in a packed Battersea Park eating ice cream, with no social distancing and without a care in the fucking world.

Dumb fucking cunts.

One of my mates says a pub he goes to is having lock ins for regulars!I

13 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Dumb fucking cunts.

This on Florida from two days ago as well, they're mad :

Guardian update on Italy :

Italy’s government is evaluating whether to close all “non-essential’’ offices and plants, after the death toll from the coronavirus outbreak rose by 793 to 4,825 on Saturday.

Rumours of closures of all non-essential commercial activities have circulated in the last few days, following complaints by workers who are still forced to leave their houses. Several regional governors have already ordered the closure of supermarkets at the weekend.

Mayors and governors throughout the country have been demanding even stricter measures in recent days. Italy’s prime minister, Giuseppe Conte, is widely expected to respond soon.

Authorities in northern Italy ordered the deployment of hundreds of soldiers to oversee containment measures in the coronavirus crisis. The move came after a request from Lombardy’s governor, Attilio Fontana, for the army to help police enforce the lockdown.

While millions of Italians have been staying at home since 9 March, a minority of the population have violated rules requiring citizens to venture out only if strictly necessary, such as for work, health-related reasons or grocery shopping.

Italian police have so far pressed charges against more than 60,000 people for violating the lockdown, according to figures from the interior ministry.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/21/coronavirus-live-updates-deaths-jump-in-spain-and-italy-millions-locked-down-in-us?page=with:block-5e765aa88f08dcc95cc20b81#block-5e765aa88f08dcc95cc20b81

They need psychologists and experts to come up with Adverts that they put on all the time saying theres no shortage of any food or nessecities, just shop as normal as and when you need, now is the time to chill and be calm. The media constantly showing empty shelves and bulk buyers is making people do exactly the opposite of what's needed. The men in black meme is spot on, a person is smart, people are stupid. Use some of that propaganda to actually convince people to do things in their best interest for once.

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The daughter of Mr. Trevisan, Italy's first coronavirus death, states that he died on a Friday evening, which was the 21st.

I think she probably knows best. But, given who is disputing the date, you never know! 

https://tg24.sky.it/cronaca/2020/02/26/coronavirus-italia-figlia-prima-vittima.html

Screenshot_20200321_182928_com.android.chrome.jpg

Negged cos he can't handle being wrong. 

Wahahahahahahaha! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1