You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

PS: time for boosters, seems like everyone is getting Covid at the moment and while it's not as bad as the first round a lot of the people I know who have had it recently have felt pretty rough.

People are getting it, and bad at times, whether boosted or not.

13 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

People are getting it, and bad at times, whether boosted or not.

Sorry I should have been clearer, I was talking about people I know who have had three boosters rather than picking on people who hadn't had any.

Now everyone who's had a 3rd is coming up to, or surpassed, the 6 months it seems to be hitting them that bit harder (some are still getting minor symptoms as well for balance).

15 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

But i could answer that question and say "yes I nearly died of Covid", but it's mad to not then ask if I was unvaccinated.  

There's also a big assumption that being ok with Omicron is going to transfer across to every other strain, but hey, I'm insured, their problem now! 

We have to be very wary of breaking discrimination law mate, and if we discriminate between those who've had vaccines and those who haven't, we're bringing a future discrimination claim down on our heads.

If the vaccines had been mandatory it may be a different picture, but as they weren't/ aren't, nowt we can do.

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

We have to be very wary of breaking discrimination law mate, and if we discriminate between those who've had vaccines and those who haven't, we're bringing a future discrimination claim down on our heads.

If the vaccines had been mandatory it may be a different picture, but as they weren't/ aren't, nowt we can do.

Strange how personal choice is a factor in this, but my choice to smoke sets me a higher rate than someone who doesn't.  

9 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Strange how personal choice is a factor in this, but my choice to smoke sets me a higher rate than someone who doesn't.  

I can see where you're coming from, but don't forget we've known about the issues and side effects of smoking for years. COVID is still brand new. There is also the fact that if you don't have the vaccine you're potentially leaving yourself open to a serious illness which you probably won't suffer, however if you continue to smoke regularly you know with some certainty that you're increasing your chances of several cancers, heart disease, stroke etc.

Life Insurance evolves, 20 to 25 years ago you got an increase in your premiums if you were gay or bisexual. The question of your sexuality doesn't even get asked anymore (and rightly so)

Those who are HIV positive wouldn't have got any cover 10-15 years ago, now they can get Life cover (although admittedly with a higher premium).

Also now a lot of policies are sold on gender neutral rates (following EU legislation). Before you would have paid more for Life cover and critical illness cover if you were a man and more for PHI cover if you were a woman. Same rates now.

8 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I can see where you're coming from, but don't forget we've known about the issues and side effects of smoking for years. COVID is still brand new. There is also the fact that if you don't have the vaccine you're potentially leaving yourself open to a serious illness which you probably won't suffer, however if you continue to smoke regularly you know with some certainty that you're increasing your chances of several cancers, heart disease, stroke etc.

Life Insurance evolves, 20 to 25 years ago you got an increase in your premiums if you were gay or bisexual. The question of your sexuality doesn't even get asked anymore (and rightly so)

Those who are HIV positive wouldn't have got any cover 10-15 years ago, now they can get Life cover (although admittedly with a higher premium).

Also now a lot of policies are sold on gender neutral rates (following EU legislation). Before you would have paid more for Life cover and critical illness cover if you were a man and more for PHI cover if you were a woman. Same rates now.

Not to bring in an argument from another thread to here (I'd never do such a thing.....) but do Men & Women tend to have different pricing for life insurance? And if so, what if it's a bloke saying he's a sheila? or has had the operation? Does that throw up issues? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Not to bring in an argument from another thread to here (I'd never do such a thing.....) but do Men & Women tend to have different pricing for life insurance? And if so, what if it's a bloke saying he's a sheila? or has had the operation? Does that throw up issues? 

Like I was saying in my other reply, they're usually gender neutral rates now. So a 32 year old bloke who doesn't smoke pays the same amount as a 32 year old bird who doesn't smoke.

Before gender neutral rates came in a bloke would pay more for Life and CI, and women would pay more for PHI.

Cover for those who identify as Trans has also evolved over the years. At one time you would be classed on the rates for the gender you were born as. That did change a while back to the rates for your new gender.

But now with gender neutral rates, it doesn't matter anyway.

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Like I was saying in my other reply, they're usually gender neutral rates now. So a 32 year old bloke who doesn't smoke pays the same amount as a 32 year old bird who doesn't smoke.

Before gender neutral rates came in a bloke would pay more for Life and CI, and women would pay more for PHI.

Cover for those who identify as Trans has also evolved over the years. At one time you would be classed on the rates for the gender you were born as. That did change a while back to the rates for your new gender.

But now with gender neutral rates, it doesn't matter anyway.

Sorry I missed that bit. 

Started on Friday 24th of last month with a sore throat, cough and bad head. Spent the Saturday and Sunday with a really bad fever and just alternated between sleeping and lying there absolutely knackered and sweaty. Remainder of the week I just felt generally sore, bad head and then started coughing a lot more. Since the weekend I've felt a bit better in general other than feeling worn out and having coughing fits. 

Attempted to go to the farm and do some work today, managed about 10 minutes and pretty much couldn't breathe at all from the exertion.

My 8 year old had it a couple of weeks ago (picked it up in school, the 5 other kids at his table all tested positive). He had no symptoms and neither my wife, my 5 year old or I got it despite living in the same house and not making him isolate in his bedroom (which he shares with the 5 year old). 

7 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Pureblood and RP are never getting insurance, their reaction to Covid has been off the scale.

It's been a while since I was arguing about covid authoritarianism and propaganda, think I'll try to keep it that way.