Bjornebye

Coronavirus

I've currently got Covid for the first time, knowingly at least. First started feeling rough last Sunday, and tested positive on Tuesday.

Symptoms were tiredness, faint headaches, aching muscles, a swollen nostril (just the one) and a slight discomfort swallowing. Only the first two symptoms remain, but I'm still testing positive, which is a drag.

1 minute ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I've currently got Covid for the first time, knowingly at least. First started feeling rough last Sunday, and tested positive on Tuesday.

Symptoms were tiredness, faint headaches, aching muscles, a swollen nostril (just the one) and a slight discomfort swallowing. Only the first two symptoms remain, but I'm still testing positive, which is a drag.

Good luck!

I've got tiredness/fatigue, achey/weak muscles, headaches, swollen sinuses. Testing negative though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Good luck!

I've got tiredness/fatigue, achey/weak muscles, headaches, swollen sinuses. Testing negative though.

Sounds like all the same symptoms, although if Covid never came along I would've just assumed I had a cold.

Get well soon Lifey.

My sister, brother in law and niece have all tested positive this morning.

They all visited my mum on Sunday. She's 80, still recovering from cancer and not in the best of health so she's been on the phone panicking and my sister has been struggling with Lupus and isn't in the best of health either.

Fed up to the back teeth with this Covid shit now, I wish it would just fuck off.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

How many have tested positive twice that you know? 

My lad and his Mrs have had it 3 times each and my Grandsons mum at least 4.

Some of the staff in the school where my Mrs works have had it a few times as well.

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

How many have tested positive twice that you know? 

The wife.

Pretty sure me and the kids have had it twice but haven't tested positive. 

Seems to be more people getting it now who have avoided it up to this point. 

11 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Seems to back again with a vengeance.

Three of the seven people have got it, plus three of my friends.

My boss seems to think that restrictions might have to be put in place again?

Not a chance there's restrictions coming back in. It is certainly back though, I'm having meetings all over the place cancelling over it. 

I believe hospital numbers are still ok and while the number of people with covid that have been admitted to hospital has tripled, most are admitted with covid as a secondary issue. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone who thinks masks and social distancing is a good idea again hasn't been paying attention to all the other viruses out there which have seemingly spent the last two years doing push ups, not to mentions the classes full of kids coming through who communicate by grunting. 

All this patter needs to be fucked off for good. 

I still think social distancing should be a thing, virus or not. It's been glorious standing in queues in shops and not dealing with the arseholes who stand behind you so close that they are almost inside you.

Daughter, aged 16, has gotten it again, almost a year to the day since last time. Tested positive yesterday but negative today, been sniffling all week. Shame as she was due to go away for a week today, hopefully better tomorrow. 

I got life insurance the other day, 1001 questions, but not 1 relating to uptake of the vaccine. 

I even stopped him to ask if he forgot to ask. 

"No, the insurers don't care, they just want to know if you've had a bad reaction to Covid"

8 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I got life insurance the other day, 1001 questions, but not 1 relating to uptake of the vaccine. 

I even stopped him to ask if he forgot to ask. 

"No, the insurers don't care, they just want to know if you've had a bad reaction to Covid"

Speaking as an Underwriter mate, this is true. We're much more concerned about those who've had hospitalisation for Covid, and more specifically those who required intensive care treatment and / or ventilation / intubation.

Even then its not a definite no.

I have popped my covid cherry. 

Day 1 feels like bad-ish head cold, combined with aches and pains all over my body and a stubborn cough. All in all though not too bad. I’m in the spare room with pictures of cartoon tractors and chickens on the wall to keep me entertained. 

However, if I do die in the coming days I will bequeath the forum my irrational hatred of Xabi Alonso for future generations. 

B9339EB4-324C-42EB-B188-3250158E73FF.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Speaking as an Underwriter mate, this is true. We're much more concerned about those who've had hospitalisation for Covid, and more specifically those who required intensive care treatment and / or ventilation / intubation.

Even then its not a definite no.

But i could answer that question and say "yes I nearly died of Covid", but it's mad to not then ask if I was unvaccinated.  

There's also a big assumption that being ok with Omicron is going to transfer across to every other strain, but hey, I'm insured, their problem now! 

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

I have popped my covid cherry. 

Day 1 feels like bad-ish head cold, combined with aches and pains all over my body and a stubborn cough. All in all though not too bad. I’m in the spare room with pictures of cartoon tractors and chickens on the wall to keep me entertained. 

However, if I do die in the coming days I will bequeath the forum my irrational hatred of Xabi Alonso for future generations. 

B9339EB4-324C-42EB-B188-3250158E73FF.jpeg

Good luck fella. Are you vaccined?

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Good luck fella. Are you vaccined?

Yep, and boosted.  Day 2 (or possibly 3 as I felt rough on Sunday too but thought it was a bit of a hangover) and no aches and pains. Just an annoying head cold and persistent cough. 

Weirdly though, last night I was getting quite a few leg and foot muscle cramps?  

Anyway, I reckon I’ll make it. And a big hat tip to science for seeing to it that my symptoms are pretty mild all things considered. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Yep, and boosted.  Day 2 (or possibly 3 as I felt rough on Sunday too but thought it was a bit of a hangover) and no aches and pains. Just an annoying head cold and persistent cough. 

Weirdly though, last night I was getting quite a few leg and foot muscle cramps?  

Anyway, I reckon I’ll make it. And a big hat tip to science for seeing to it that my symptoms are pretty mild all things considered. 

When I had it I felt like I'd been poisoned. Wasn't like any cold or flu I ever had. I also had the leg cramps and spasms. Like nerve damage sensation all down my legs. Went after about 6 weeks. The tinnitus I got never fully left. I keep getting sinus infections too since Covid, which may or may not be directly related - probably more of an immune system issue afterwards.

On top of all the standard stuff I took Turmeric capsules for weeks afterwards and had many baths in Epsom salts. Both well documented for helping to reduce inflammation. 

23 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Pureblood and RP are never getting insurance, their reaction to Covid has been off the scale.

PS: time for boosters, seems like everyone is getting Covid at the moment and while it's not as bad as the first round a lot of the people I know who have had it recently have felt pretty rough.