Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

They missed a trick with the naming. Instead of Covid 19 they should have called it Corvid 19, as crows are sometimes seen as harbringers of death. Would make us sound much more sinister and increase mass panic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anubis said:

They missed a trick with the naming. Instead of Covid 19 they should have called it Corvid 19, as crows are sometimes seen as harbringers of death. Would make us sound much more sinister and increase mass panic.

That would be better as Crovid 19

 

Corvid 19 has a Labour feel to it. 

 

DismalCreamyIndianhare-max-1mb.gif

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Le Duan said:

The reasons why the WHO are concerned are (1) This is contagious  - similarly as contagious as Norovirus and (2) it’s new and there is no vaccine to limit the symptoms that vulnerable people may develop.

But they've been through all this with previous outbreaks, and if there's one thing we know about the WHO it's that they won't get fooled again. 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supermarkets in Auckland are closing early because they're being overrun by panic buyers.  We've got one confirmed Covid-19 case in the entire Country.  One.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, General Dryness said:

But they've been through all this with previous outbreaks, and if there's one thing we know about the WHO it's that they won't get fooled again. 

You Better You Bet they'll develop a vaccine Anyway Anyhow Anywhere they choose, they won't let My Generation down. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Waitak said:

Supermarkets in Auckland are closing early because they're being overrun by panic buyers.  We've got one confirmed Covid-19 case in the entire Country.  One.  


maxresdefault.jpg

 

“What do we need that the forest cannot provide? We have food. Wood for weapons. We’ll find safety and solace in the trees.”

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anubis said:


maxresdefault.jpg

 

“What do we need that the forest cannot provide? We have food. Wood for weapons. We’ll find safety and solace in the trees.”

Out of rep. Pissing myself here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Golden Eel said:

Thought voting leave would stop this kind of shite. I wouldn't mind dying of some proper British virus but this Chinese shite? Fuck that. Coming over here taking our illnesses. 

Typical brexiteer nonsense. They actually give us more than they take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Waitak said:

Supermarkets in Auckland are closing early because they're being overrun by panic buyers.  We've got one confirmed Covid-19 case in the entire Country.  One.  

I've just done the weekly shop at the local Morrison's here- the frozen aisle had been hammered, and a few other areas like disinfectant wipes and tissues were running really low. It might just have been the time I went, but they're usually very quick to restock at busy times. People are mental. The problem now is, do I buy extra things just in case, exacerbating any potential shortages, or do I risk seeing if people are going to act normally and not panic-stricken assholes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

The problem now is, do I buy extra things just in case, exacerbating any potential shortages, or do I risk seeing if people are going to act normally and not panic-stricken assholes.


The majority of people are sheep and act like a flock. You’ve pretty much answered your own question.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anubis said:


The majority of people are sheep and act like a flock. You’ve pretty much answered your own question.

I'll pop back later and buy out the whole soup aisle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anubis said:


The majority of people are sheep and act like a flock. You’ve pretty much answered your own question.

In the process, in the waiting
You're making melodies over me
And Your presence is a promise
For I am a pilgrim on a journey
And You will lift my head above the mighty waves
You are able to keep me from stumbling
And in my weakness
You are the strength that comes from within
Good Shepherd of my soul
Take my hand and lead me on
You make my footsteps and my path secure
So walking water is just the beginning
'Cause my faith to arise, stand at attention
For You are calling me to the greater things
And You will lift my head above the mighty waves
You are able to keep me from stumbling
And in my weakness
You are the strength that comes from within
Good Shepherd of my soul
Take my hand and lead me on
Oh, how I love You, how I love You
You have not forsaken me
Oh, how I love You, how I love You
With You is where I want to be
Oh, how I love You, how I love You
You have not forsaken me
Oh, how I love You, how I love You
With You is where I want to be
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Bird Flu H5N1 pandemic occurred in 2006 we had a few contingency meetings, and two of the day centres I managed were identified as a possible treatment/ isolation centre. There were also a number of freezer facilities identified for storage of fatalities. The same sort of measures will be taken for this. If they weren't then that would be really fucking negligent. There was also a massive emphasis on hand washing, as it's amazing how it's not done properly - soap on hands, quick wipe and rinse with water. We were told this was a major contributing factor.

 

Obviously, not eating bats or pangolins also helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

When the Bird Flu H5N1 pandemic occurred in 2006 we had a few contingency meetings, and two of the day centres I managed were identified as a possible treatment/ isolation centre. There were also a number of freezer facilities identified for storage of fatalities. The same sort of measures will be taken for this. If they weren't then that would be really fucking negligent. There was also a massive emphasis on hand washing, as it's amazing how it's not done properly - soap on hands, quick wipe and rinse with water. We were told this was a major contributing factor.

 

Obviously, not eating bats or pangolins also helps.

How should you wash your hands?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Anyone else immediately assume it would be The Adelphi? 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Ha, just saw this! I did notice a basic error right from the start, though. There was no need to use a hand to turn the tap on, as it is made so you can use your wrist, or even elbow, so you don't risk depositing the dirt you are trying to wash off onto the tap lever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×