You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

24 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

@cloggypop

How often do your mob revisit the rules?

From reading the rules it says Brits have to quarantine, is that right? 

Want to have a day there on the 14/15th march. 

Seems to be every week. 

There's a list of exemptions

https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/self-quarantine/exceptions-mandatory-quarantine

If you don't qualify for an exemption then it's 10 days or 5 with a PCR 

• Upvote 1

On 01/02/2022 at 15:29, Red Phoenix said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with mandates, passes, lack of long term health data, adverse effects of mrna and a year's worth of propaganda spewed out by a covid regime that seems to think 1984 was an instruction manual?

Loons were getting horny for horse medicine before any mandates or passes. The "adverse effects of mRNA" - are fuck all compared to the adverse effects of Covid; that appears to hold for long-term effects, too. (Have there been any reliable studies into the long-term effects of Invermectin?)

The last phrase in your post is a load of propagandist (but presumably worm-free) horse shit.

Stig's question remains unanswered.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2022 at 15:55, Section_31 said:

Is he really that thick? It's not losses, it's been funnelled into mates' pockets. 

He explains in the rest of the thread that most of those losses are made up of paying way in excess of the value of the goods and buying stuff that has to be scrapped, because it's not fit for purpose.

Pure corruption.

16 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Haha! (I'm ok with people not wanting to wear masks, still made me laugh.)

People refusing to wear masks are the worst cunts of the lot. People sceptical about the vaccine* can argue that they're worried about health effects and that it's (primarily) their own health that they're taking a chance with. People who refuse to wear masks are selfish cunts who choose to endanger other people rather than slightly inconvenience themselves.

*Not the anti-vax propaganda con merchants, though. They can fuck off.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

People who refuse to wear masks are selfish cunts who choose to endanger other people rather than slightly inconvenience themselves.

What about those who gasp for air and struggle to breathe on the bus though, what about their right to breathe and their freedoms?

Heartless.

17 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

What about those who gasp for air and struggle to breathe on the bus though, what about their right to breathe and their freedoms?

Heartless.

My sister in law had parts of her lungs removed radiotherapy, and chemo because of lung cancer. She gets very breathless, but it doesn't stop her from wearing a mask when she's out.

16 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

My sister in law had parts of her lungs removed radiotherapy, and chemo because of lung cancer. She gets very breathless, but it doesn't stop her from wearing a mask when she's out.

Exactly, there's definitely a dramatic element of the populous that act like wearing a mask is like wrapping your face in clingfilm.

23 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I think the media have decided (or been told) to stop making a big thing of the figures.

Can you imagine if 200-500 people a day were dying back in March 2020? 

It's possible that they're being quiet about the case numbers, because they look a bit wacky at the moment. (30 January, 62,399 new cases; 31 January, 847,371 new cases.)  Apparently, it's something to do with the way they now count re-infections. The 31 January numbers were a data dump on that day, so the 7-day average is madly skewed.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, littletedwest said:

I'm guessing the "with not of" bit

Now that Omicron is the dominant strain, that distinction might actually be worth making (although not in such crude terms). Previously, when people (as almost all dead people tend to do) have multiple causes listed on their death certificates, it was likely that Covid was the one that made the difference between being alive and being not alive.  These days, that's not so clear.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Exactly, there's definitely a dramatic element of the populous that act like wearing a mask is like wrapping your face in clingfilm.

Masks for some can trigger panic attacks. That's not being dramatic, that's an actual physiological effect for a lot of people. I've never shopped so quick the last couple of years because I know after a certain amount of time wearing a mask I could well be in bits in the bread aisle at Asda. 

It doesn't help that I have asthma too so i can only wear one so long before I need to take a breather.

Tested positive this morning. Felt absolutely god awful yesterday, but actually a little better today. Weirdly, on Tuesday night I lost my sense of taste and smell for a couple of hours, but tested negative and put it down to having caught a weird bug/cold from my 18 month old (who has been feeling awful all week). Yet both he and my wife tested negative this morning.

Not quite sure how we're going to make the next 5+ days work in a 2 bedroom flat with a screaming toddler...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Masks for some can trigger panic attacks. That's not being dramatic, that's an actual physiological effect for a lot of people. I've never shopped so quick the last couple of years because I know after a certain amount of time wearing a mask I could well be in bits in the bread aisle at Asda. 

Then you wouldn't fall into that group?

16 hours ago, littletedwest said:

I'm guessing the "with not of" bit

Isn’t that what Javid said/dropped in about the overall figures the other week? A large amount of those deaths will not have actually been because of Covid but other health issues? 

And haven’t the figures always been around having had Covid in a 28 day period prior to death? 

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Loons were getting horny for horse medicine before any mandates or passes. The "adverse effects of mRNA" - are fuck all compared to the adverse effects of Covid; that appears to hold for long-term effects, too. (Have there been any reliable studies into the long-term effects of Invermectin?)

The last phrase in your post is a load of propagandist (but presumably worm-free) horse shit.

Maybe a lot of people aren't focusing on the positive effects of the vaccines because they've caused so much damage. The type of damage that's almost competely ignored on here.

Adverse effects are "fuck all" compared to covid, including long terms effects too, ok. Glad you managed to somehow work that out. Here's adverse reporting for one vaccine in just the EU :

UPBP7uA.png

It can't be direct linked I don't think, you have to go from here : https://www.adrreports.eu/en/index.html

Doesn't look like fuck all to me, and that's data on one vaccine for one continent. Vaccines can help to save lives, we're now past the point of pretending they're not causing a load of damage at the same time though.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If that is the case, why are Pfizer refusing to release all the data?

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Maybe a lot of people aren't focusing on the positive effects of the vaccines because they've caused so much damage. The type of damage that's almost competely ignored in here.

Adverse effects are "fuck all" compared to covid, including long terms effects too, ok. Glad you managed to somehow work that out. Here's adverse reporting for one vaccine in just the EU :

UPBP7uA.png

It can't be direct linked I don't think, you have to go from here : https://www.adrreports.eu/en/index.html

Doesn't look like fuck all to me, and that's data on one vaccine for one continent. Vaccines can help to save lives, we're now past the point of pretending they're not causing a load of damage at the same time though.

Chuck up the equivalent for Paracetamol, there's a good chap.

9 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Isn’t that what Javid said/dropped in about the overall figures the other week? A large amount of those deaths will not have actually been because of Covid but other health issues? 

And haven’t the figures always been around having had Covid in a 28 day period prior to death? 

No, covid has be listed as either the cause of death or complication leading to death. The whole ‘knocked over by a bus’ and appearing in the stats was debunked